Anyone skate in SP Teri KT 2 or KT 3? | Golden Skate

Anyone skate in SP Teri KT 2 or KT 3?

RollRSkateGirl

Spectator
Hi,

I'm just getting back into ice skating after being off for about 10 years. I got a pair of Harlick High tester boots and I'm not finding them supportive enough after about 3 months of skating. They are "okay" but I'd like to find something a little more solid. I also have a wide foot and I hear the SP Teri is good for people with wide feet.

Does anyone skate in the KT 2 or KT3 skates? How are they? Do you recommend another model?

I'm about 5'5" and around 165lbs. (Yes I know that's a bit heavy for an ice skater - hence the reason for skating [to get back in shape!] and the reason for needing a strong boot). :biggrin: I did doubles 10 years ago, and I've gotten most of my singles back at the moment - but my boot wobbles on most of the landings. :sheesh:

vlaurend

Final Flight
I am on my second pair of KT-2's and I love them! I weigh 120 lbs and skate Adult Gold, so I'm not landing anything beyond a double salchow, but I tend to break boots down faster than many skaters at my weight and skating level.
What I love about these boots is that they are stiff enough for good support and they break in easily, but they do not break down quickly. One word of advice with any boots: Don't cut corners on the sizing. If you are between widths or if your heel and ball are more than one width difference, it is worth the extra cost to get them custom. My first pair of KT-2's was A heel/B ball combination width (which is available in a stock boot for just a little extra), but the front of my foot is really between a B and C width, so they always pressed in a little on the sides of my forefoot and my arches would cramp for the first 15 minutes I skated in them, especially when it was cold. This time, I got them custom sized and they are perfect in every way. Highly recommended. :)