Warm-Up Group 2
7 Haruka IMAI JPN
8 Mirai NAGASU USA
9 Alissa CZISNY USA
10 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
11 Kiira KORPI FIN
12 Mao ASADA JPN

:)

Everyone you want to watch is in the last group. Who could falter and let Fumie into that last LP group? or is she too past her prime to even consider it? Mao can win this and ruin at least one from the Final among Nagasu, Phaneuf and Korpi. Czisny needs to podium to get in Tie with the others. This is for me an exciting event.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The last group will be interesting. A couple of years ago I would have said Mao will blow the field away, not sure know. I think Mao is the best skater
in this group but she has had tech problems because of the reworking of her jumps. If she has an outing like she did at NHK, I believe that either Czisny or Korpi are
the front runners here. I am not familiar with Haruka of Japan so I am not sure how she will fit into the equation. Mirai has the capabilities and talent to win
but IMO she is a long shot.

Anyway, Good Luck to all of the Ladies tomorrow!!

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Haruka Imai is quite a consistent skater. She'll be in the Top 5, and if the top skaters struggle, watch her squeeze right in. I actually prefer Imai to Kanako Murakami for some reason.

I was really impressed with Mae Berenice MEITE a few weeks back. She reminds me of a Andrea Gardiner meet Surya Bonaly. It's refreshing to finally see a French Lady Skater who can jump again. Ahhh.... I miss the 90's when the French Ladies were supreme with Hubert, Bonaly, and Gusmeroli....

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Not too excited. SC was a pleasant surprise, but Alissa has not been able to put together two decent competitions back to back. Mirai, apparently, is still clunky, but she should be more polished than COC & this time free of Zayak cancellation. Mao's 3As from the NHK practices forbode disaster (bad UR, two-footed, wavering axis), but they seemed much better in the one practice clip I saw. What's nagging me is that wonky flip, which is her lifeline in times of 3A inconsistency. Expect much better performances from her too. All three are hard to predict based on just hearsay & a short practice clip since practice quality doesn't necessarily equate to results, esp. in their cases.

But I'll go out on a limb & say (1) Mao (2) Mirai (3) Alissa, all three not at their best.

I have not heard anything about the other skaters, though. Cynthia & Kiira could definitely be upsets. The top three ladies I've mentioned can either rock it or bomb it. Go figure.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well I have to admit I'm bummed about the Mens SPs. :( Hopefully the last group of ladies will give me a pick me up. :)

Until then, GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :)^)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well I have to admit I liked Candace Didier's overall style & line, especially her spirals, pleasant surprise (& I wasn't going to watch, lol). But like Carolina Kostner the wedgie is unpleasant to behold. :(

ps: I've heard the name Didier before, hmmm, I wonder if she's an older skater?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice program from Sonia of Spain. :) "The Feeling Begins" always reminds me of Oksana Baiul, but in this case I also thought of Michelle Kwan, as Sonia is more representative of her style. :)^) The fly part of her flying camel spin had absolutely no fly, but the other spins were nice.

Nadine

Record Breaker
So sad about the 2 falls, as this little firecracker reminds me of Sasha Cohen, both in looks & style. It appeared like she almost gave up after the 2nd fall, but then she got her mojo back & landed the 2A! :clap:

Music brings to mind the incomparable Josephine Baker.

Hope to see more of this little firecracker in the future, with the jumps of course this time.

Actually in the closeups she also looks like the actress Kunis, whom appears in the new "Black Swan" movie with Natalie Portman. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I remember her from SA, and she really is a tall magestic amazon type of skater in person, and powerful!!!! Too bad about the fall on the 1st jump, then almost sat down on the second one, but came back with a nice powerful 2A.

My only objection lose the delicate soft music, powerful music suits her style & physique moreso.