Ladies - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26: 12:45 pm EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program- Fri. Nov. 26: 12:45 pm EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
I honestly wish Mao would've just taken the whole season off, maybe even two if that's what it takes because it really is unpleasant to see her fall on so many jumps & skate lackluster. *1000 & 1 depressions*

I expected this, and for her to be a non-factor, but watching her is still tough. :( :( :( :(

ps: shocked that Kira is in 1st; I would have had her in 3rd or even 2nd, not 1st though. Jmho.

burntBREAD

Medalist
So Asada will fail to make the final group of skaters again.

Who knows? She didn't pop this time, it depends on if she URs, because the GOE scales for negatives don't take as much away as before. She could make it up with the other stuff too, remember Patrick Chan in Canada?

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Mao was really slow during her step sequence. Looks unhappy, but calm. 50.10 (SB) 24.66/27.44

L'amour

On the Ice
OMG...Kiira in first palce? :eek:

I'm so happy for her! I hope moreb then ever she don't blow up her LP.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Finnish Beauty Bonus?

Mao seriously needs to rethink her skating (jumping) strategy. This just isn't going anywhere.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Finnish Beauty Bonus?

Mao seriously needs to rethink her skating (jumping) strategy. This just isn't going anywhere.

I stand by my belief that she shouldn't have gone for the 3A in her SP. It's not necessary. Stay on your feet and do solid jumps and the judges will reward you!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Back to Korpi, yes I understand she had a 3/3, but imho she doesn't come close whatsoever to Mirai & Imai's spins, especially Mirai's, nor does she have Mirai's effervescence. Imai is so very similar to Mirai though, this will be an interesting scenario to watch in the coming years.

Regards Mao, I'm just po'ed at all the rule changes throughout the years that have affected Mao negatively (same goes for Kimmie Meissner as well). Now she tries to perfect her jumps when it isn't all that necessary, but I don't blame her, like I've said numerous times before I wouldn't be surprised to see the ISU blindside Mao again.

Give me Rachael's performances at Skate America again to cheer me up! :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Mao gets a new SB, yet still ends up in 7th.

It's kind of sad that she was doing so well and now has started to go so far downhill (Olympic silver/World gold aside. Her GP season last year sucked too.)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao is pretty much limited to 3loop and 3toe right now. If I were her, I would do a SP of: 3toe+3toe, 3loop, and 2Axel. She'd likely be in 1st place right now had she done that layout well.

burntBREAD

Medalist
If Alissa finishes second or third, won't she still make the final?

But if Kiira, Mirai, and Imai skate well, and even Phaneuf, Suguri, and Asada, they could very well push Czisny, particularly if she doesn't do a good FS, all the way down into 7th...

Alissa could still finish 4th and have Kiira/Mirai win, but she'd have to win based on her score total at SC beating whoever wins here

EDIT:
Videos, once again go to the playlist. Missing Haruka! I want to see her! And yes, Mirai and Frank look pissed a la SC last year ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctnuxXnujs8

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was very surprised when Kiri's score came up I thought for sure she would be behind Mirai. Nevertheless Congrats to her, Mirai and Imai.

Very nice SP from the top 3. I hope Alissa comes back in the long.

Not much to say about Mao, I am just sad for her.

Oreo

On the Ice
If you go back on the Russian feed and back up the time, you can see everything now.

fairly4

Medalist
okay good luck tomorrow. all last 6 ladies did decent mistakes, kiira had a turnout on her single jump, but good otherwise,
alissa the step out-but otherwise good,
mirai-good skate, a bit shaky on a couple of spins, and a wonky landing on her triple loop-

mirai spins was a bit out of whack, cynthia had a couple of spins that didn't look good to me -]
also did kiira do a triple/triple i kinda of thought if was a double triple --
what it means for tomorrow is the lady who skates the cleanest will probably win. all had a bit of misteps in their program, some more noticeable than others.
feel bad for lena-but is young. loved her honest reaction,
feel bad for mao-hopefully tomorrow will be better for her.
anyway good luck to all and decent skates

Layfan

Record Breaker
So, what are the standings?
Who is second?

Reading about another miserable Mao program is depressing. I am with Nadine. I wish she had taken the season - or at least the GP series - off if she really felt the need to rework her jumps. It is shocking. The Olympic silver medalist and two-time world champion?? I really thought she was going to be the one to chase this season and for the next four years.

Congratulations to Kiira for what seems like a strong skate!

I predict Alissa and Mirai will hold it together in the long enough to medal tomorrow :thumbsup:

Last edited: