Pairs - Short Program Fri Nov 26 9:25 am EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short Program Fri Nov 26 9:25 am EST

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Enjoyed the top three pairs and agree with the placements. B/L are a very strong team,
they should take Silver here. imo

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. Goodness, Barazova/Larionov improved a lot over the summer. I don't love this program, but they have this harmony of movement and of intent that makes their movement just float. Too bad they're not all that expressive, but her line makes up for a lot. The one thing I don't like (other than the Beauty and the Beast vibe they've got going on) is that she seems so tiny and fragile compared to him. I don't care for that in a pairs team.

2. Hausch and Wende... eh, very schizophrenic program. Odd music cut/orchestration firstly. Strangely workmanlike quality to the elements (lets get this level four/lets land this). Largely void of passion. And it's "El Tango de Roxanne" for crying out loud - this requires a passon that borders on bloodthirsty.

3. Brodeur/Mattatal: the pairs you beat at Nationals last year are raring to go. Why are you skating to the musical equivalent of baby food? Where's the spark? This was a team that got top ten at worlds in 2009! What happened?

4. Savchenko/Szolkowy: Yeah, they were good. That throw was ginormous. The top two teams might be a perfect case study for the validity of TES vs PCS, truth be told.