Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mens FS ~ November 27th, Saturday, at 9:25AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well Congrats to Takahiko for another win, but to be perfectly honest neither one does it for me. I miss Zhenya tons. :(

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Kozuka beats Patrick Chan for the highest season's best score so far this season and has a new personal best in the FS and overall.

fairly4

Medalist
congrats to all--huge score for etakahio-great skate--congrats to medalist ofr takahiko, florent, and brandon

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Congrats, Taka!!!! His face when he got his score was absolutely priceless :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats, Taka!!!! His face when he got his score was absolutely priceless :biggrin:

Well it's well above anything he's received before, so the reaction is understandable! :) I am so happy for him.

Nadine

Record Breaker
To me, as a long time fan of Zhenya, he has tons of style, and he is a natural athlete. His jumps are the real thing in the same vein as the greatest jumpers throughout history. And he skates with lots of passion/verve/total command of the ice. And when he puts it all together with such great programs like Nijinsky nobody else can touch him.

This crop of pretenders is just that, pretenders. They may win or lose but they lack that special something to make them truly great. A weak field overall, especially with no true quads. Bah, give me youtube anyday with past programs of Evgeni Plushenko.

One hour until the Ladies, hopefully it's better skated, but once again it too is missing that something special (aka Mao at her best & Yuna Kim).

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congratulations, Taka-chan!! Can't wait to watch the clip.

But still, I can not get over the shock of Brian's withdrawal...

100yen

Medalist
Well it's well above anything he's received before, so the reaction is understandable! :) I am so happy for him.

Me too! This is a milestone for him! I'm excited to see how this LP improves the rest of the season, after seeing it here, it's really growing on me. He really gets all the nuances of the music, doesn't he?
I would call his quad consistent now :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
p.s. regards Takahiko, replay showed he did a slightly two-footed quad which also looked a tad UR, but at least he went for it. Still, imho he doesn't have what his countrymate Daisuke Takahashi has in spades ~ sex appeal, charisma, charm, PCS (aka Personal Charisma Specialty).

I like Takahiko, he's definitely the future of Japan mens figure skating, but I don't see him as great. At least not yet. Here's hoping he & Mao hang out together since they both have the same coach. :D

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Me too! This is a milestone for him! I'm excited to see how this LP improves the rest of the season, after seeing it here, it's really growing on me. He really gets all the nuances of the music, doesn't he?
I would call his quad consistent now :)

I think the quad was a bit two-footed, but otherwise he's clean and that little error is definitely made up in great skating, intrep, etc. :)

sunny0760

On the Ice
Happy for Kozuka!

Finally, this year seems to be a big break for him.:thumbsup:
His score, 170.43 is the second highest FS score in COP history!

Jeremy cannot go to GPF? This is sad...

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
....and wonderful flow throughout the program.

Those are magic words to me. :) I love to see the difficult jumps landed and successfully combined with *flow* "throughout the program". I cannot wait to see it! (Feed died due to overloaded server a good while ago.).

100yen

Medalist
p.s. regards Takahiko, replay showed he did a slightly two-footed quad which also looked a tad UR, but at least he went for it. Still, imho he doesn't have what his countrymate Daisuke Takahashi has in spades ~ sex appeal, charisma, charm, PCS (aka Personal Charisma Specialty).

I like Takahiko, he's definitely the future of Japan mens figure skating, but I don't see him as great. At least not yet. Here's hoping he & Mao hang out together since they both have the same coach. :D

Ahaha...PCS...that's clever! Now every time I see the score I'm going to think...Personal Charisma Specialty...
I think Taka is capable of sex appeal in his own way, like his "Closer" exhibition (even though it just ends up being cute XD), so I guess we'll just have to see. At any rate, his potential is huge.
He and Mao have known each other for a really long time, so I like to imagine they have a supportive-friend relationship. :biggrin: I can't say for sure though, but they've got to see each other at training a lot!