The 3 Jump Combo - | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The 3 Jump Combo -

Combo Axels are easy since one doesn't or shouldn't lose speed. What I would like to read is if there is a reason for 3Flip/Lutz x 2Toe loop x2Loop as losing speed from 1st landing to just about a STOP on the last landing. Is the combo impossible for uniform speed?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's difficult, but when he first came up or the year or two after, VdP had a 3/3/3 that was remarkable, because he kept flow throughout the jumps. However, I haven't found a link to the competition I first saw it. It was one of the GP events that year.

Certainly Zayak kept up speed in that 2A little jumps 3T sequence I linked to (or she wouldn't have gotten such a nice 3T on the end of it).

Yagudin 2002 3/3/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzglbV77ciM

Last edited:
I don't know Zayak, but I recall Yagudin's 3 jump combo as having speed throughout, and no curling the last landing. I can imagine it is not easy to execute a flowing 3 jump combo. The slowdowns and stops in this 3 jump combo are, for me, almost as bad as a Fall. Yes, they completed the combo trick, but did it affect the flow of the program? after all, PC is concerned about the program at least in its title. No?

seniorita

Record Breaker
:jaw:!!!I was searching THIS for years, I knew he had tried for Olys to make it and practiced it in Euros but it was the ghost video. Thank you, made my day!Now I m gonna loop the loops all morning:biggrin: