Plush: should he get rid of Biellmann? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plush: should he get rid of Biellmann?

Should Plush get rid of Biellmann?

• Yes

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 23.9%

• Total voters
I've never seen Sasha do a Bielman Spin. I have no bout that she can but I think she is sensible in that it is an acorbatic move rather than a balletic move. Her camel where she holds her skate with ONE hand is lovely, and it doesn't take all that wrestling to get into it.

Joe

jesslily

Final Flight
Biellmann spin looks great if a lady skater does it. For male skater, you don't need this particular thing to show your flexibility. Plushenko should get his camel, back camel, and sit spin improved. From the European championship, you can see he is one of the weakest spinner.:(

R

Rebecca

Eek... I didn't realize it was hurting him to do that. Too bad, because it looks interesting and I found it pretty impressive. But if it's hurting him, then certainly drop it, Plush!

Hanaka

Rinkside
Japanese judge Ms. Fujimori (she was on the panel of judges at men's in Dortmund) did commenting on yesterday's TV coverage of men's events at world.

She was commentating on Lambiel's sp and said it looks like he has great flexibility in his neck for a man when he spins.
Then she moved on to Plushenko's Biellmann spin and said it's great he still can do Beillmann at his age, which shows he is really well-traind and a very hard worker.
She and the announcer talked there are several things only young skater can do ,but usually they lose them as they grow up.
Ms. Fujimori said It's incredible Plushenko still keeps his Biellmann spin and she highly and greatly admires that.

I myself sometimes think his Biellmann is a bit slow and looks a little laboured, but this year at worlds he showed pretty good ones.

If Plush wants to keep his Biellmann, I'd like to support him.

Go Plush! for a world record of Biellmann spin by a man!

And of course, if he wants to lose it, that's another story.

gypsy

Spectator
I agree that he needs to concentrate on improving his other spins, and drop the Biellmann.... When he was younger it set him apart from the rest and made people notice & remember him...he doesn't need it now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lose it Plush. But keep the donut. You have the best donut in the business. And then get to Lucinda Ruh in CA and improve all the rest of your spins. This will give you a huge advantage over Joubert whose spins are already worse than yours.

And especiallly, especially, don't do any stunt that damages you.

andromica

Rinkside
He has said that it hurts to do the biellman. To me, the biellman is not a very pleasant experience mostly because I know how much it hurts his body. It's bold and brave, like all of his skating, but he doesn't really need it I don't think.

So I'm going with the...whatever he feels like option (although there's no such option). I'll stick to that.

I agree with Dorispulaski about his donut spin. It's great. He should definitely keep the donut.

Labogh

Rinkside
Only if it causes him pain and if he does it only for the fans, but otherwise no, why should he.

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:
I've never seen Sasha do a Bielman Spin. I have no bout that she can but I think she is sensible in that it is an acorbatic move rather than a balletic move. Her camel where she holds her skate with ONE hand is lovely, and it doesn't take all that wrestling to get into it.

Joe

Just because Sasha is very flexible does not necessarily mean she can do the Biellman. She could have worked on it earlier and mastered it perhaps, but why would she use an old spin when she can create new ones (although I don't like the 'I' spin)? I don't recall Sasha holding her skate with one hand during a camel.

Vash