Men's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

This competition was tops in its Field. There were six Men determined to do their best. Some did; some didn't, Why on earth anyone would consider them to go through a Nationals is beyond my way of thinking. The 3 Japanese Men are the best selection for Japan.

Chan's beautiful skating was not marred today and if he can keep it up at the LP, he is a contender.

Tomas and Florent have seen better days, but what they did do was top notch.

I missed the Americans, Joubert and Brezina but there's time. I hope Brezina is able to skate.

The LP should be a humdinger. This is a first class international cometition.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Missed Oda, Florent, Verner and Chan. Seems like Oda was on, good for him. Did Parick do a quad?
Loved Dai and Taka. Nothing cartoonish about Dai's skating to me.

janetfan

Match Penalty
:laugh:

I like Daisuke's SP, though I suppose it is because I am probably in the target demographic. It is very fanservice-y indeed, with all that grunting and smouldering :laugh:

:laugh:
I see your point. I am most definitely not the target audience for Dai. :)

I am also not the target for Kanako but she gets me anyway. :)

I must be the target for a new series of Dick Button commercials

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oda was on fire. Both Daisuke and Taka had odd stumbles and some other little quality problems. Patrick's 4T was not as good as he had so 3T was tacked on to 3F. His jumps are all preceded with footwork so the combo can be made out of any of them without concern of not having all required jumps. Couldn't see well on computer stream but I believe he does one foot footwork into his 3F.

Both Nobu's and Patrick's scores are huge.

Sorry Silverlake.

herios

Medalist
Missed Oda, Florent, Verner and Chan. Seems like Oda was on, good for him. Did Parick do a quad?

Yes, Chan did a single quad and he tacked the 3t behind his flip.

skatinginbc

Medalist
To me, Dai the rockstar was overscored in TES given his poor spins and a disruptive stumble in footwork. Chan's spins were fast, a joy to watch. I hope Kozuka will switch back to last year's short and win a medal in the world championship.

janetfan

Match Penalty

Cartoonish is not necessarily a bad thing as there are lots of people who love animation,
I think Dai needs to make it more about the skating at times and less about posing and mugging. I don;t care for that in excess but the judges don't seem to mind.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
To me, Dai the rockstar was overscored in TES given his poor spins and a disruptive stumble in footwork. Chan's spins were fast, a joy to watch. I hope Kozuka will switch back to last year's short and win a medal in the world championship.

The Men's competition has not been over for 15 minutes and the complaining about overscoring begins. Sheesh.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Maybe Chan's quad was marked "<". It would justify the difference in TES with Oda. Or maybe Oda got much higher GOE on his jumps(which would be right, imo). Great skating from the top 4!

herios

Medalist
Cartoonish is not necessarily a bad thing as there are lots of people who love animation,
I think Dai needs to make it more about the skating at times and less about posing and mugging. I don;t care for that in excess but the judges don't seem to mind.

The judges LOOOVE Daisuke, and so do I....It's entertainment on ice, he is blending amateur skating with show skating , something totally cool imo.

demarinis5

Record Breaker

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I am a Dai fan and think he is brilliant on the ice. That is my line and I am sticking to it. ;)

herios

Medalist
Maybe Chan's quad was marked "<". It would justify the difference in TES with Oda. Or maybe Oda got much higher GOE on his jumps(which would be right, imo). Great skating from the top 4!

You know, I thought about it as well, when the marks came up, as I expected him to be about + 3 in comparison with Oda. Of his 3 jumps, the 4t looked the only one iffy as far as rotation is concerned, but the abgle for the slo-mo was not good for me to see it clearly.

evangeline

Record Breaker

But what Daisuke does with his blades, skating-wise, is also quite fantastic! I have seen Daisuke live and he is even better in person, skating with excellent speed and attack along with his very good flow. Back in the day, I used to think Daisuke was over-scored on things like PCS all the time but after seeing him live...well, I sometimes still think he is over-scored at times (especially when he doesn't do too well) but I understand why much better.

herios

Medalist
Interesting to see how Oda and Kozuka have almost even PCS! the huge gap is made only on the TES, rightfully so.