Ladies Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

mskater93

Record Breaker
I like her interaction with Jason Dunjen in KnC. Jason seems to have a calming influence on Alissa and Jeremy both so that the bad twin stays in the closet when he's there. I noticed last year he was at the boards with Jeremy and that was probably the BEST skate ever at US Nationals by a man and then he bombed when it was just Yuka with him in Vancouver.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that while a couple years later than it should have been, that Alissa has found the right team.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason seems to have a calming influence on Alissa and Jeremy both so that the bad twin stays in the closet when he's there. I noticed last year he was at the boards with Jeremy and that was probably the BEST skate ever at US Nationals by a man and then he bombed when it was just Yuka with him in Vancouver.

Uh, I dunno. Yuka was with Jeremy in Japan when he won silver and Jason was with him in Russia when he won bronze and had the unfortunate LP performance that took him out of the GPF. So far though, Alissa has showed her best skating results when Jason is present. All in all though, I think the moves to Yuka and Jason have worked out just fine for Jeremy and Alissa. I'm a fan of all 4 of them and they make a very attractive and talented team altogether. :love::yay:

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She led after the SP at US Nats, right? And then the FS was not exactly overwhelming. I think she has peaked in this competition and it's down from here on out.

I'm worried about her skating last....but who knows, maybe she's finally overcome her demons.

I really like Kanako. I have no issue with a skater doing a cutesy program if she's 16 and can pull it off. The judges also seem to like upbeat programs a lot. I thought Kanako was fab - her layback spin is kinda weird but her jumps were huge and spot on. I think she'll win tomorrow :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm worried about her skating last....but who knows, maybe she's finally overcome her demons.

In a way, tomorrow is a BIG test for Alyssa. She holds the lead in a semi-major comp...skates last...especially if other skaters have great LPs...pressure's on!

I like to say, once a headcase, always a headcase- but even if you're known as one, there may be that one time where it just works.

janetfan

Match Penalty
In a way, tomorrow is a BIG test for Alyssa. She holds the lead in a semi-major comp...skates last...especially if other skaters have great LPs...pressure's on!

I like to say, once a headcase, always a headcase- but even if you're known as one, there may be that one time where it just works.

Still, don't you think most skaters would prefer to be in first place rather than last place :think:
I recently read Mirai feels more comfortable being in second place - but she most definitely did not say she would rather be last :biggrin:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So what are people thinking re Miki? Is she too far back to win, or even medal? 14 points off the leader, but only about 10 out of 3rd. That's a lot of points, but with Kostner and Czisny, and you never know what will happen.

ankka

Rinkside
I think Miki's new SP is a beauty and could be great if she manages to pull it together. It is a new one and her PCS went a lot higher. I got the sense that she actually enjoyed the music and felt it in her skating... All in all, major improvement to the earlier one :)

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
So what are people thinking re Miki? Is she too far back to win, or even medal? 14 points off the leader, but only about 10 out of 3rd. That's a lot of points, but with Kostner and Czisny, and you never know what will happen.

She could still medal IMO. Last year at worlds she was about ten points behind in the SP, and ended the competition with less than a point from Lepisto (bronze), and she has come from behind other times.
Then, though, I hope that Caro and Alissa hold on the podium, they're quite impredictable, so anything can still happen IMO.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

IMO the best she could hope is a bronze. Her teammates are reliable enough to likely avoid a splatfest, so Miki probably wont catch them. And Kostner or Czisny really would need a splatfest for Miki to catch them, but sadly both are capable of it. She doesnt control her own destiny at this point though. Skating 2nd she will get low PCS even if she skates well (especialy with that boring program), and the rest will have to make alot of mistakes for her to even get a medal. No chance of winning.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I absolutely adore Miki's new program! And I think she likes it, too! It's a pity some of her elements weren't well-executed, but I'm very happy her PCS went up! I hope she skates very well tomorrow! Go Miki! :love:

I've watched all the programs on YouTube and I'm really satisfied with the results! Alissa and Carolina were amazing! I just don't agree with Kanako's PCS, they should've been lower than Akiko's, in my opinion. Too bad for Rachael. :cry: I hope everyone skates well tomorrow!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Murakami getting higher PCS than Suzuki might be a sign poor Akiko despite some promising signs this year is to be dumped from the Japanese Word team if Asada is half decent at Nationals, unless she skates a blinder tommorow and wins the GP final.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
The only case Miki can get on the podium is, if she repeat the score from COR, around 120+ and if Cizney and Kostner bombs and get lower than 105+ score. I don't think she can pull with her current tricks to catch her two team mates thou, unless she goes for the 3+3 and 2A+3T combo.

I got a feeling, either Kostner or Cizney will bomb and be off the podium. I hope Suzuki won it, because she truly deserve it. If Kanoko win, it will be another Mao moment and the media will go crazy over her. Question is can she handle the pressure?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The only case Miki can get on the podium is, if she repeat the score from COR, around 120+ and if Cizney and Kostner bombs and get lower than 105+ score. I don't think she can pull with her current tricks to catch her two team mates thou, unless she goes for the 3+3 and 2A+3T combo.

I got a feeling, either Kostner or Cizney will bomb and be off the podium. I hope Suzuki won it, because she truly deserve it. If Kanoko win, it will be another Mao moment and the media will go crazy over her. Question is can she handle the pressure?

Miki can't go for the 3-3 in the FS because she already has 2 3lz and 2 3t planned and already has a solo loop in the program, so doing another 3lo would be repeating 3 triples and that's not allowed. Where she skates 2nd I bet she will go for the 2a-3t though. The thing is, Carolina's SB in the FS is only 107 and Alissa scored 104 at TEB, so if they do their usual they probably will be around 100-110 and they are 12 and 13 points ahead of Miki, so feasibly Miki could still beat both. I don't think she will catch Kanako though unless Kanako skates like she did in the FS at NHK. I sort of think Miki will be on the podium but not win. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 Japanese ladies medaled, just where it's so hard to tell what Czisny and Kostner will do. Unfortunately for Rachael though it's looking like the highest she can expect to finish in 5th, and that's if Miki bombs. I mean maybe if Akiko or Carolina REALLY tanks, Rachael could overcome them, but where she's skating 1st her PCS are bound to be low.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She could still medal IMO. Last year at worlds she was about ten points behind in the SP, and ended the competition with less than a point from Lepisto (bronze), and she has come from behind other times.
Then, though, I hope that Caro and Alissa hold on the podium, they're quite impredictable, so anything can still happen IMO.

Oh very true, I forgot about that. She did bomb the SP at Worlds last year and would have won bronze if her 2lo wasn't downgraded in the FS - and that was at Worlds where there were a lot more skaters competing for the podium than there are here. I just wonder about her PCS though, especially where she has to skate 2nd. PCS in the SP were pretty competitive, so if that trend continues, her chances are improved.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m not liking much Ado's music and program but it is better than the previous, I like her more power programs in general. Rachel i sat half through, i dont think this program does her justice at all, she looked sick also, not her usual spark. From the rest Akiko was nice, even though I m bored of Tangos and I prefered Alissa to Kostner, she is beautiful like snowhite and she skated elegantly, although program doesnt do me much and I m not fond of this style at all.
Kanako's program I can watch it on reply again and again, she reminds me of young Mao in 2005, with all the joy and energy she has-of course Mao had much more polish -but she is really adorable and I like this sp for her age.I wish she wins this tommorow!

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko was amazing, I think this is her best SP ever! Everything was perfect! Spins have improved so much and the same charisma and passion exudes from her to the people watching. She is incredible! She should have been higher than Kanako in my opinion.

Alissa was brilliant!!!! The ladies are bringing it!