Ladies Free Skate - 12/11 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate - 12/11

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OK skate for Kankano -- weird mess up on the 3F and a couple of shaky landings..We'll see what she gets...

oleada

Record Breaker
Japanese girls really brought it today!

Kanako seemed much more mature than her SP and earlier performances of this program.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kanako into 1st place with 178.59 (shades of Tara Lipinski & a young Mao Asada, whom won on her first try at the GPF). :)

evangeline

Record Breaker
I know Carolina's injured and all, but it's a bit sad to see a lady with jump content like that at the GPF in 2010. And people complain about Yu-Na missing a 3Lo or Mao missing a 3Lz....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I haven't seen her program yet, but considering people said she missed the Flip and had some shaky landings, I have no idea how she scored more than Akiko.

It was clean overall, but Akiko's was cleaner and she only doubled a jump. She only needed a 112 to lead. But she did get it on TES not PCS (Akiko's was higher, as deserved).

oleada

Record Breaker
Carolina was beautiful. Popped a 3Lo combo, but otherwise very elegant and smooth.

I think Kanako outscored Akiko because some of Akiko's jumps looked borderline on replay, and despite the fact that she is so outgoing and genuine on the ice, i think Kanako has better flow, basics and spins.

beep_beep

Medalist
Kanako into 1st place with 178.59 (shades of Tara Lipinski & a young Mao Asada, whom won on her first try at the GPF). :)

Kanako reminds me of a young Mao as well, she skates with such joy and just goes for it (specially on her short program)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, Carolina did a lovely job, sublime, but I think she gave it away by doubling one of her jumps & a few were kind iffy.

Back to Rach, even Alissa lost weight this year, not to mention Sarah Hughes the past few years has been looking slimmer & better looking than ever! :thumbsup: If one wasn't born naturally like a ballerina, one can still make it happen by losing weight to elongate her limbs & present a better picture out on the ice like Akiko has done, as well as so many others in the past (e.g. Angela Nikodinov).

Yep, Carolina gets a score of 178.60 (OMG she just barely beat Kanako, SHOCK)!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 !1 :love: