ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread | Golden Skate

ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

christinaskater

Medalist
Alissa is simply one of the best! She is arguably the best spinner in the world and has the best spirals and personally, she is the most good looking and beautiful (in and out) among the skaters.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Alissa certainly did very well for herself. The first American GPF ladies' medal since 2003, and first champion since 2002. It was also the first ISU championship won by a U.S. lady since Kimmie won 4CC in 2007. ( Of course, we can debate whether the GPF is a "championship", but we'll save that for later. )

After all the talk of triple-triples, it's kind of poetic justice that the American lady to end our international medal drought is Alissa. And she didn't do it because everyone else fell, either. Those sublime spins! I hope this is the beginning of an era of podium results for her, and for the U.S.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
I just want...one improvement from Alissa.
It is not exciting...watching her perfomance with the implanted SMILE on her face.

Otherwise...she is one of the most ELEGANT skater in the Worlds.
I want to see her ANGRY face sometime.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Count me in in the Alissa's official gushing thread.:biggrin:

Yesterday I watched on NBC. Alissa finished her last move, looked down and smiled, and then bit her lower lip with smile. It seemed that she was afraid of letting her joy and hope go too high. Don't know why, at that moment, my eyes were full of tears. It's so rare to me.

Alissa has touched so many's hearts so deep with her exquisite, graceful appearence on ice and her adorable smile. She is not consistant but she is definitely the best in US ladies in the current field.

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
It made my weekend. One of the best things about following figure skating closely is that you notice gems that have never won a world medal. And when they finally have their day - it just makes you so happy to be a figure skating fan. Takes your mind off things in the best way possible.

Alissa's victory was the highlight of the season so far. Thanks Alissa!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh goody a forum party for Alissa. Sorry I am late. Great post Layfan that is exactly how I felt.
The way she performed both of her programs was just mesmerizing. After Alissa's brilliant SP I was so
happy for her, then she topped that performance in the LP to win the title. How great is that!!!

What do these all-time great U.S. skaters have in common?

Michelle Kwan!
Tara Lipinski!
Sasha Cohen!

Alissa Czisny!!!!!!!!!!

Answer: They have all won the Grand Prix Final of figure skating!

Her exhibition program is exquisite! One of the best exhibitions ever! AMAZING!

Totally agree! :love: :love: :love:

I love the way she raises her head on ""keep your head up high" at the beginning.

Plus, this choreography is win-win. Her two jumps both come on the line "though your dreams be tossed and blown." So if she fell, it would still fit the music! :yes:

I want to change my vote about giving her a free pass to worlds. :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It made my weekend. One of the best things about following figure skating closely is that you notice gems that have never won a world medal. And when they finally have their day - it just makes you so happy to be a figure skating fan. Takes your mind off things in the best way possible.

I know she's not the most consistent skater out there, but I love her, and am hoping for a great rest of the season and beyond!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks. Hope we see that smile at nationals. :)

Here is a really nice exhibition skate from Alissa I came across yesterday - with choreo by Kurt Browning. :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-3GzaZVT8

But the original music "Don Quixote" has been dubbed over with Smetana's "The Moldau."
It doesn't fit very well as the choreo is very stylized.

But the program and skating is really good and nice to see a more playful side of Alissa with her killer smile and charm on full display. :love:

I always wanted to see a skater use "Moldau" but with choreo to the music as opposed to a dub over.

Anyway - wondering if anyone knows where to find this program with the original music?

Last edited:
That's wonderful, Janetfan--a tribute both to Alissa and to Kurt for his choreography. I bet choreographers love designing routines for Alissa because she can do justice to the intricacies of their work. Like you, I've hoped to see a skater use this substitute music, The Moldau, as the real music for a program someday. It's got wonderful intensity, fluidity, and variety. As a substitute for Don Quixote, though, I think music from Smetana's The Bartered Bride would have been closer, but I gather from the commentary below the video that the poster didn't have much of a choice in the matter. It's still fun to watch Alissa! Thanks for posting this.