ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread | Page 10 | Golden Skate

ALISSA CZISNY Official Thread

janetfan

Match Penalty
Nice thought but let's not jinx, count our chickens, etc.

But won't Alissa be just as classy and lovely if she doesn't win or make the podium at Worlds?

I love this girl, the way she skates and the elegance she brings to the sport of figure skating.

She is a champion in my eyes and sometimes I wish there were more like her.
I will miss here alot when she retires from competitive skating.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Czisny is what she is; it's up to the fan to interpret and decide how to feel about her. That's it, really.

She has a lot of fans at GS and elsewhere. Maybe for some of them, a world championship or medal will help validate their fandom. It happens and nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
It's not for her fans, its for her that we all want her to win a medal.

That way, she could be classy, lovely, and sign a million dollar contract to sell Chrysler cars as the winner and new champeen!. :yes:

R.D.

Record Breaker
MM- You speak for yourself, and likely many other forum members, but not for everyone.

Personally, I think it would be great if Czisny lucked out enough to grab a medal. Would end a 5-yr drought for US ladies. But I know (and I think others do as well) that such a scenario, while not impossible, is extremely unlikely, especially given her inconsistency- and the return of Yuna Kim and the Japanese ladies.

I have already submitted this script to Chrysler for their new ad program.

“I am Alissa Czisny, world figure skating champion and symbol of the New Detroit. Just like Detroit I used to be mean and ugly, with high crime and bad schools…

"Oh wait, I was never any of those things." ;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
I have already submitted this script to Chrysler for their new ad program.

“I am Alissa Czisny, world figure skating champion and symbol of the New Detroit. Just like Detroit I used to be mean and ugly, with high crime and bad schools…

"Oh wait, I was never any of those things." ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

What a season Alissa had winning Skate Canada, the GPF and the US Ladies championship.

What determination she showed changing coaches and coming back for another season after the disappointment of 2010.

She has nothing to prove to me and I wish her the best of luck at Worlds.

I do hope she will return next season but that is her choice.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
MM- You speak for yourself, and likely many other forum members, but not for everyone.

Personally, I think it would be great if Czisny lucked out enough to grab a medal. Would end a 5-yr drought for US ladies. But I know (and I think others do as well) that such a scenario, while not impossible, is extremely unlikely, especially given her inconsistency- and the return of Yuna Kim and the Japanese ladies.

but aren't you a nonfan? ;) so you're right MM wasn't speaking for you ;)

pista04

On the Ice
She makes me fall in love with her skating and as a human being more and more everyday. She represents everything that I see the area I grew up in, Southeast Michigan, and makes me so proud. She has always been my favorite figure skating since winning bronze in 2007. With that sad, I hope simply hope she gives it everything she has, and skates a program that she is proud of. I'd cry if she medals, and I'd say I wouldn't be that surprised if she skates clean and gets a medal. We want it for her. =]

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But won't Alissa be just as classy and lovely if she doesn't win or make the podium at Worlds?

I love this girl, the way she skates and the elegance she brings to the sport of figure skating.

She is a champion in my eyes and sometimes I wish there were more like her.
I will miss here alot when she retires from competitive skating.

I think this sums up how I feel about Alissa!

I hope every skater has fans as devoted to Alissa as we are. When she skates, as pista04 says, we fall in love with her skating. Every skater should experience the emotional link Alissa has with her fans.

My great wish for her is that she skates her very best, with those wonderful spirals and spins and with solid jumps, and let the chips fall where they may. It would be great if she medaled, of course, but I'll be happy to see her however it turns out.

R.D.

Record Breaker
One thing I like about Czisny is she seems to be one of the few skaters that genuinely appreciates her fans.

Layfan

Record Breaker
:laugh: :laugh:

What a season Alissa had winning Skate Canada, the GPF and the US Ladies championship.

What determination she showed changing coaches and coming back for another season after the disappointment of 2010.

She has nothing to prove to me and I wish her the best of luck at Worlds.

I do hope she will return next season but that is her choice.

Yeah, she's already a GPF champ and a two-time national champ forever so her staying on for this year was already worth it it. At least, that's what I think. Who knows how she herself feels.
But of course I still want her to skate well at worlds. I doesn't matter if she medals, especially given how competitive the field is. But of course I want her to skate well.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Hersh Article on Czisny: (4/19)

'Czisny figures it's better late than never for Worlds'

"The most difficult part was not knowing if there was going to be a world championships,''....
"Once we found out there was, I realized the extra time wasn't upsetting my season but almost giving me the opportunity to mentally start a new season. It was like I had a second chance.'' :love:

reynycpr

On the Ice
^^Yea I had to do a double take when I saw that picture of him in the corner lol.

another quote I liked: "There is nothing I wanted more than to do the world championships again,''...."I didn't mind how long the season would take as long as I got the chance.''