Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

oleada

Record Breaker
Lipnitskaya is 12 years old. She'll be old enough for the JGP next season.

Julia was the best!!! Amazing!!! And 3-3, wow! The crowd really liked her

She had them eating out of her hand. I hope she can keep her jumps after puberty. If she skates like that next year, she'll tear up the JGP.

Slowdive

On the Ice
Hello Golden Skate fans! New to forum and enjoying the 2010-2011 season!
Question: is Anna Ovcharova still skating? I didn't see her compete in the Junior Grand Prix and she's not here at Nationals. She happens to be my favorite of the new crop of Russian female skaters.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Hello Golden Skate fans! New to forum and enjoying the 2010-2011 season!
Question: is Anna Ovcharova still skating? I didn't see her compete in the Junior Grand Prix and she's not here at Nationals. She happens to be my favorite of the new crop of Russian female skaters.

In autumn 2010, Ovcharova underwent surgery on her foot and will miss the 2010-2011 season in order to heal fully.
http://www.fskate.ru/news/216/

Shaba22

Final Flight
Ladies SP:
1 Ksenia Makarova 64.16
2 Adelina Sotnikova 63.79
3 Alena Leonova 60.14
4 Sofia Biryukova 59.49
5 Julia Lipnitskaya 59.13
6 Polina Agafonova 58.42
7 Elizaveta Tuktamisheva 56.30
8 Maria Artemyeva 54.63
9 Polina Shelepen 53.89
10 Polina Korobeinikova 53.62
11 Alexandra Deeva 51.23
12 Anna Afonkina 46.89
13 Rosa Sheveleva 46.33
14 Anna Novichkina 45.84
15 Eugene Pochufarova 39.66
16 Sophia Mishina 39.13

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Oh, Liza's face when she saw her score is absolutely heartbreaking! She was barely holding back her tears. Both her and Adelina are simply to young to be under such pressure, it's cruel to ask so much from them. I just want to give her a hug right now :no:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
TAT's commentaries:
Anna Ovcharova is training again and began to jump lately, she will be back next season.
Junior girls (Liza, Adelina and Polina S) are very tired after JGPF and just can't show their best now.
She said Adelina can do 3-3-3 combintion and has men's jumps, now puberty is the question.
Liza improved her skating and spins a lot as well as Polina Shelepen.
TAT liked Lipitskaya, her flexibility, spins and jumps but said she should work on hr skating skills. She'd put her behind Agafonova, but overall agree with the result

seniorita

Record Breaker
Poor Liza, it was heartbreaking. Still overall she had great energy and I like this program. Sotnikova also.
Lipitskaya and Agafanova skated the best tonight!

I don't know most of the ladies here, so I'm not as anxious as I was during the Japanese Nationals. I hope to catch up with all of you. Thanks for the updates.

What does anyone think of the quality of this SP section compared with Japan?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I believe the Sp section here can't be compared with Japan; here, Alena was the oldest(20 years old) and then Ksenia(18). The rest were either juniors or novice. In terms of potential, Russia has plenty, but right now, the youngsters are nowhere near the level of skating in Japan

oleada

Record Breaker
I thought the level was very high - most girls did a 3+3 and nearly all of them have the difficult triples, but like Mirunna, said, they are so young it's hard to say. Certainly, these kids are not shying away from the difficult technical elements.

I would say, though, they have the deepest junior ladies field in the world, certainly.

Kinga

Medalist
I think the level was great. I am sure at the Europeans will be much weaker.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I rewatched the highlights, I think Liza got low pcs comparing to the others and I don´t know why.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So happy that Ksenia is in the lead--

I spent a lot of time in the Hudson Valley when I worked for IBM, and am still tickled that a girl from Newburgh skates for Russia...particularly when I so loved her parent's skating when they were amateur competitors :love: