Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

herios

Medalist
Yes, but actually it was a joke, they are funny guys :)
I don't know, I simply love G/E and I would be happy to see them at Euros, but I have to admit that I/M are more experienced and maybe deserve it more, they just had bad luck at Nationals... Anyway, it's so hard to choose! I hope Russian FS Federation will make the right choice

They did. They were talking after Skate Canada that they had the judges basically trying to get them behind the canadians, and they were speaking like they had been underscored.
To me, as the season progressed, they skated less well. Their best skate was the first and then could not sustain the same form and in my opinion they are too inconsistent. I don't see G/E less competitive. And plus they earned it. This is a sport and what should matter is actual form and performance and not past.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Ok, then! Thanks! I found it hard to picture them being so infatuated :)
I've got another question!(sorry if I'm being annoying): do you know if they are going to announce the world team too? I figured it would be better if they send directly Tatiana and Max, and the best 2 teams at euros, out of 3, will qualify for worlds. In this way, they can give a chance to either I/M or G/E to actually qualify for worlds

FS Federation will announce the Euros team after 29th of January and Worlds team will be announced after Euros as usual I guess

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'm so curious to know what was Tatiana Tarasova saying about V/T! She sounded so excited :)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I'm so curious to know what was Tatiana Tarasova saying about V/T! She sounded so excited :)

She was impressed and even gave them a standing ovation, said this team is able to win Worlds and Olympics. She was happy for them and their coaches, said many good things about them all as well as about G/E and their coaches

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lucky Star you are my hero!:) thanks a lot. I did liked better G/E on the second view, I think I can finally understand why everybody is crazy about them. They need to work on the 3Twist, but other then that, their technical elements are already very good. They improved so much since Cup of Russia, it's almost unreal how she made the transition from singles to pairs. And what's more important, they delivered just after V/T skated and that says many things about their nerves! In the end, I if they get sent to euros instead of I/M, I won't complain since I'm curious how much improvement will be made by then

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
V/T were awesome, they should have been pairing together long ago.
I dont like that much G/E or their programs, please someone tell me that I/M will go to EUros, their Lp was awesome!!!

C

chillyfranz

V/T really surprise me here, they had excellent polish for a new team. Tatiana have a great feel for music and there throw can easily challenge the Chinese. I think they should get the transition even smoothened out for Worlds

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Lucky Star you are my hero!:) thanks a lot.

You are welcome :) Just ask me anytime you want, I'm trying to improve my English by translating ))

And what's more important, they delivered just after V/T skated and that says many things about their nerves!

That's one of the best things about them actually. And the most unexpected, 'cause Katia was a total disaster as a single skater, always afraid of something, 2-3 falls in the LP were normal for her. And now, with Sasha, she is like a different person, she is doing completely new things for her and doing well. I can only say bravo to Moskvina and Dmitriev, what they did is such a miracle

Last edited:

wolkenschloss

Rinkside
I watched russian nationals at first time. The lavel is astonishing. Top ten here would be surpass that one in EC. It's a shame that only 3 pairs can be in EC and WC.
V/T are my new favorite. If they had come together earlier, then S/Z had gotten harder with OGM. The line and flaw are awesome. But their LP costume, I find it ugly. Not for such a beautiful pair!

smia

Rinkside
Just finished watching Tatiana and Maxim, they were wonderful! I can't believe how far they've come in only half a year together! They've improved their speed, their jumps and interpretation and I think they stand a great chance to medal at Worlds.
I disagree with this. They didn't put it down when it counted.
But why should this event be the only one that counts? Gerboldt/Enbert failed to deliver in international competition. They shouldn't expect to automatically get the spot simply because they had one lucky event. I/M have improved a lot since last season when Lubov was falling all the time. Now she's become so consistent - prior to this event she hadn't fallen once this season. I think she had some underrotations at Cup of China but that's understandable - their travel schedule was just brutal, flying from Russia to Canada and then only a few days later having to compete in China. They performed respectably considering the circumstances. And then they did very well at the Grand Prix Final, earning a total score of 177.44, compared to a mere 160.42 for Gerboldt/Enbert at Cup of Russia. That's a sizable difference.

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I liked seeing so many good death spirals. There are too many versions of that element today that are much too high.

As for who "ought" to be picked to represent a country at an international competition, that decision rests with the nation's figure skating federation. I believe the procedures vary from federation to federation, and also may vary from decade to decade. I personally have no fixed view on the subject, as past experiences have shown me that just about all skaters occasionally have a bad day, and that many skaters skate one way at home and another way when away from home.