Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

seniorita

Record Breaker
You see this is also unfair, maybe you read my posts again? :) Cause I think I told myself a page ago that the fan is speaking :) This was not a bashing post for anyone that is not I/M. Did I say anything for B/L which I dont like much anyway? I havent seen much of G/E before Nationals, I dont see them as rivals, if there was 4 spots for Euros and they could all go, we wouldnt even talk for this now.
Apart from my preference, I commented that G/E team are brand new and they have done huge steps, but could skate a little more together before going to Euros and Worlds which is big events. They are a less than a year pair. What exactly was dismissive about their accomplishments?By the way, Lubov has greatly improved since 2 seasons ago.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
"By the way, Lubov has greatly improved since 2 seasons ago."
She did, didn't she? She landed the 3S every time in competition this season(once it was "<" but she landed it). She looks more happy then ever. And they had a pretty good LP after the disaster of a SP they had. I just love her posture!

missysays

On the Ice
I was surprised to see that MARTIUSHEVA / ROGONOV were on the roster for Russian Nationals. I thought I had read somewhere that they had split up. I'm glad that they haven't because I think they offer something artistically that no one in pairs offers right now. Their SP as an artistic vehicle is moody, cool yet soulful and altogether amazing.

But unfortunately, I think she is outgrowing him a bit in terms of size. That in and of itself might not be a deal breaker if she could only land her jumps. Hopefully she'll get in more command of her jump technique over the next couple of years- she is after all only 15. The Russian field in pairs is very deep though...

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I'm a fan of V/M now! They have everything they need to be world champions and olympic champions. The world is going to be exciting now! I bet they will be on the podium and if they skate like this they could win it!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin:V/T are everything I hoped they would be...and then some. How satisfying to see them skate like this after what we've seen each of them suffer through the last couple of years. And S .Morozov has my complete admiration for his part in all of this.

G/E have a lot going for them, and I'm not up on what the Russian Fed's criteria is for sending who where, but I do sympathize with seniorita in regard to I/M. Lubov's carriage and air positions are far superior at this stage of the game. G/E's twist was pretty crunchy and I thought a couple of their lifts looked like they were in trouble. Overall, they seemed a bit frantic..all of which I'm sure will disappear in another year or so.

I don't know where this competition leaves K/S ( who now have a great set of programs)... because if they haven't peaked too soon, I don't know who can stop the runaway train that is V/T.

mousepotato

On the Ice
K/S only started training 4 months ago, they were injured all summer. They couldn't even do their free skate at the test skate in September because it wasn't done.

I think with more training time and finally being over the two injuries he had and her surgery, they should be great by worlds. They just made too many mistakes in both programs, I don't know what would have happened if they would have been mistake-free. I love their free skate; I hope they keep it next year as well.

PS I hope they use their exhibition for their short next year...that was awesomely fun!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
V/T are clearly the Russian federations #1 team now though. K/S skated decently enough in the LP that they would have still had higher PCS and been alot closer in the LP phase atleast (probably won the LP phase) if they were the Russian fed. #1. Add to that K/S have never been higher than 3rd in a major event, arent doing well in the SP this year, and have never skated a clean long program and they will be hard pressed to even medal at Worlds this year. S/S, V/T, P/T are the favorites in that order with K/S 4th favorites going in probably.

mousepotato

On the Ice
V/T are clearly the Russian federations #1 team now though. K/S skated decently enough in the LP that they would have still had higher PCS and been alot closer in the LP phase atleast (probably won the LP phase) if they were the Russian fed. #1. Add to that K/S have never been higher than 3rd in a major event, arent doing well in the SP this year, and have never skated a clean long program and they will be hard pressed to even medal at Worlds this year. S/S, V/T, P/T are the favorites in that order with K/S 4th favorites going in probably.

They were European Champions last year. That is higher than 3rd place in a major event, they also have two Grand Prix gold medals.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

It's not like P/T are skating that well. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Russian teams on the podium, which S/S.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Saw K/S exhibition program, wow. Easily the best exhibition program this year. A lot of spunk. Now that's what Carmen should be like.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just watched some of the youtube videos. Volosozhar and Trankov are officially my favourite pair team ever now. I seriously think they could win Worlds. I love Gerboldt and Enbert too. Sorry, not really a fan of Iliushechkina and Maisuradze, or Bazarova and Larionov. I think it's kind of the gorilla/flea look that turns me off, although I have to admit I don't dislike either team as much as I did at first. Kavaguti and Smirnov were okay, but rather boring. I couldn't finish watching Mukhortova and Blanchard 'cause it made me too sad for them.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
The performance of V/T will surely get the Germans thinking now, they have been improving with every performance so far. Hopefully they can keep it going for the rest of the season. They were deservedly the clear winners in Saransk.

I really like K/S's programme, I think it is the best free skate they have come up with, while not at it's best here when performed like it was at COR it should surely have place them as serious contenders for worlds.

Enjoyed B/L, was disappointed with the GPF performance but they bounced back from that to be a very secure 3rd, hopefully a spot on the european podium beckons. Very impressed with G/E, I fully expected I/M to sail pass them but they weren't having any of it, when you watch they give a real sense that they are really enjoying what they do. I/M came back strong after the short but it wasn't enough. Very dissapointing for M/B but it was just not their day. Will they be in the Top3 russian teams by 2014? It will be a big ask.

The Russian federation must be delighted with the strenght in depth they have leading up to Sochi.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm a fan of V/M now! They have everything they need to be world champions and olympic champions. The world is going to be exciting now! I bet they will be on the podium and if they skate like this they could win it!

I was really excited to see how outstanding this team was at Russian nationals. Pairs has been something of a bore to me over the last few years, with few teams to really get excited about, but this team just seemed to instantly have "it." (This in spite of some really old warhorse music choices.) I'm so excited to see what this team can do. If they skate this well at worlds I think there's no question they will be on the podium.