U.S. Nationals - Ladies (gettin' excited!) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

U.S. Nationals - Ladies (gettin' excited!)

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
My first choice for the two Worlds slots would be Alissa and Rachael. Ashley, Christina, and Mirai might all be risky to get a third spot for the '12 Worlds. Up to now, a lot of people have called Alissa "risky", but this season I think she is a solid favorite. I could be wrong, though.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
My first choice for the two Worlds slots would be Alissa and Rachael. Ashley, Christina, and Mirai might all be risky to get a third spot for the '12 Worlds. Up to now, a lot of people have called Alissa "risky", but this season I think she is a solid favorite. I could be wrong, though.

I agree, I think those are the two most likely to bring back three spots for the US. My two favorites are Alissa and Ashley, but I think Ashley is too risky. Speaking of Ashley, I read on IceNetwork she's planning to do a triple flip - triple loop in the short and I'm excited about that. That's one of my favorite combinations, and not very many people do it.

Here's the link to the article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110125&content_id=16501210&vkey=ice_news

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I'm so behind on all the news for US nationals, so I apologize if this has been asked/talked about: do we know why Alyssa wasn't at practice? And, when did Zhang start training with Oppergard (I think I missed a whole chapter or more of her life). Thanks.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I guess that will not happen for Rachael. Rachael is doing 7 triples in the LP anyway. With that combo, she would gain another jumping pass for a 2A. The 3Lz-3R combo is just too hard. It's not worth the risk.

Layfan

Record Breaker

I still say they're all equally risky. Alissa, Rachael and Mirai have all gone to worlds and failed to get the third spot back. Last year, people were convinced Rachael would be the anchor to get that spot back. She wasn't, and Mirai placed higher than her. Rachael's had the best world's showing with her 5th place in 2009 but that was two seasons ago. I know Mirai's been struggling bit this year but so has Rachael. I guess we just have to see how they do at nationals.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Sylvia has been tweeting about their run-throughs, everyone seems to be pretty strong! :thumbsup: http://twitter.com/#!/SylviaUnseen

Thans! Rachael's new East of Eden SP is getting good reviews! I have to say judging from these pactice reports she is back on form and maybe the one to beat after all.

Why is Mirai working on a 3A?? Is there a point to working on a new jump days before nationals? I'm always curious about practice strategies.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't sound good that Mirai is falling a lot in her practices. The LP is still her big bugaboo it seems.

lilshorty

On the Ice
I want Rachael to win again this year, just to go ahead and put it out there. I would also LOVE to see her go to worlds and have an outside chance at making the podium. This is coming from my being impressed with her performances all season long (barring the GPF). I wish all of the ladies good luck!

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, this thread exceeds my expectations for Nationals, just reading the reports & everybody's words has me fired up big time! :party2:

FlattFan, you make me laugh (in a good way), especially your words "nobody puts Rachael in a corner", that phrase immediately brought to mind Baby in "Dirty Dancing", wherein Patrick Swayze's character comes to the dance and sees that Baby's father has put her in a corner to watch the dance. And Patrick says nobody puts Baby in a corner! and proceeds to take her out on the dance floor. :love: ***p.s. Baby was played by Jennifer Grey*** :)^)

And now I read that Mirai Nagasu is actually practicing the 3Axel!!!!! I just can't believe this, it's the first I've ever heard about her even attempting one! (8^O OMG, my brain is working overtime imagining all sorts of scenarios, good/great ones that is. (;^) Seriously, everybody knows how much the axel is my favorite jump, especially the 3axel for the women because only a handful have actually completed one in competition, and nowadays Mao Asada is the only woman in the world to do it consistently! WOW, just Wow. ***p.s. I note that Melissa Bulanhagui actually landed one in practice as well. ;) ***

And then there is Caroline Zhang, whom seems to have improved leaps & bounds, as well as Ashley Wagner, and all the young guns new on the senior scene this year. My only question is where is Alissa Czisny? I'm surprised she wasn't at practice, but maybe this is routine for her? A way for her to settle down and calm herself. Either way I honestly hope she too skates her very best. I want ALL the American women to skate clean! Then let the chips fall where they may.

If they wanna make the team they have to skate for it (love those words by PolymerBob!) :)^D

LET THE GAMES BEGIN, BRING IT ON!!!!!

p.s. now I'm off to IN to watch what I missed the other day ~ Novice & Juniors!