2011 Nordic Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2011 Nordic Championships

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
On the home page of the official Nordics website, it says:

Remember to watch: Saturday 12th February TV2 News will in the program News and Sports broadcast live television from Nordic Championship 2011 at 16.00 to 19.00.

I don't think you want to miss that, sequinsgalore! ;)

I don't have TV2 News on my TV. Damn...

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't have TV2 News on my TV. Damn...

Oh, that's unfortunate... :cry: I'm sure the network didn't broadcast much from the event, but it would've been nice to know what they did show...

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Novice Boys Final Results:

1 Sondre Oddvol BØE NOR 90.07
2 Mandus THORMAN SWE 79.54
3 John HALLMAN SWE 73.88
4 Roman GALAY FIN 69.51
5 Illya SOLOMIN SWE 64.70
6 Henri SCHRÖTER FIN 64.21
7 Kasperi RIIHIMÄKI FIN 61.97

Novice Girls Final Results:

1 Eveliina VILJANEN FIN 90.26
2 Pernille SØRENSEN DEN 89.35
3 Nelma HEDE FIN 82.69
4 Gabriella JOSEFSSON SWE 76.14
5 Jemima RASMUSS NOR 76.08
6 Clara CALLNE SWE 75.22
7 Emma Norby PETERSEN DEN 69.32
8 Nana Isabella SVANE DEN 66.64
9 Mia Aschim NØKLEBY NOR 64.80
10 Myrtel Saldeen OLOFSSON SWE 64.53
11 Nora Kristine STENERSEN NOR 63.17
12 Piamaria MARTIKAINEN FIN 62.92
13 Heidbjört Arney HÖSKULDSDÓTTIR ISL 58.77
14 Júlia GRÉTARSDÓTTIR ISL 52.12
15 Thuridur Björg BJÖRGVINSDÓTTIR ISL 50.09

Junior Ladies Final Results:

1 Isabelle OLSSON SWE 120.59
2 Nea VIIRI FIN 111.02
3 Anine RABE NOR 103.55
4 Josefin TALJEGÅRD SWE 102.72
5 Reetta ROMPPANEN FIN 100.68
6 Rosaliina KUPARINEN FIN 99.04
7 Celine MYSEN NOR 94.81
8 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 93.17
9 Elin HALLBERG SWE 92.55
10 Lina WINGREN SWE 92.39
11 Seidi RANTANEN FIN 90.98
12 Emma ANDERSEN DEN 84.56
13 Frederikke MUFF DEN 74.55
WD Malin MAGNUSSON SWE

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Ha ha ha, how well you know me. ;) I may be a little biased, but I would've been happy to watch the other competitors and discover some "new" faces if a live stream was provided. *sighs*

Yes I did! I don't know much about him (other than the fact that he once medaled at both Swedish Nationals and at Nordics), but I was aware of his country switch. Is Justus part (or fully) Danish?

I know, there is only a point separating them! It's going to be so exciting tomorrow! Oh, how I wish I could see this competition! :bang:

Yes, it would have been nice to watch some coming men/women!

I have heard nowhere that Justus has a Danish citizen ship. But I have seen his hopes are going to Sochi. So that has to be sorted then.

ME TOO WANTED TO WATCH "The Big Fight" :mad: The last group is skating right now. This is so frustrating. Poor Adrian, Does he have a chance? No, if the other two skate fairly clean. Will Sasha prove that he is the best Swedish male skater, as he claims? Yes, I think so, but he is not consistent… so, this is dramatic between three rivales with very different personalities. Someone is going to be sad, sad ...
Hope they all do well :clap:

Schultheiss is way behind now but with Berntsson not doing that well in free skates Schultheiss could still come in second. I think it is looking good for Majorov but Berntsson is a question mark.

Yeah, but hey, we don't want that :)

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
snowflake, while we're nervously awaiting for the final results, I wanted to ask what you thought of Adrian's new SP. Do you think it's better or worse than "Scuba"?

This is so frustrating. Poor Adrian, Does he have a chance? No, if the other two skate fairly clean. Will Sasha prove that he is the best Swedish male skater, as he claims? Yes, I think so, but he is not consistent… so, this is dramatic between three rivales with very different personalities.

That's what makes the Swedish male skaters so exciting! :agree: Anything can happen with these three. Oh, I'm so anxious right now! *bites her fingernails*

Just for fun, a Japanese fan made a montage which focuses on the rivalry of Koffe, Adrian and Sasha: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm11269957

Someone is going to be sad, sad ...

Well, I would say that two would react sadly if they did not make the World team, and the other would have a big temper tandrum. :p (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about! :laugh:)

Hope they all do well :clap:

Me too. The Swedish guys rock! :rock:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^

I don't know right now about Adrian's new SP. I have to watch it again. Risky to change right now, but he is an unpredictable guy… :unsure:

The montage is cool. Wish I understood the text. Thanks to the japanese fan :)

Well, I think that "the other" has learnt his lesson and has a big future in FS! Sasha's jumps in short were HIGH :clap:

OT Congratulations to Eric Gay(CAN) for winning downhill gold at alpine worlds :clap:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
OK, I saw the results.

Majorov is the best Swedish male figure skater. Congrats to him!

No good skate for Kristoffer and no Tokyo. He dis a last try... but :no:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Men Final Results

1 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 200.88
2 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 189.17
3 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 180.82
4 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 155.92
5 Viktor ZUBIK FIN 150.99
6 Manuel KOLL AUT 147.44
7 Justus STRID DEN 145.21
8 Bela PAPP FIN 144.27
9 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN 136.91
10 Lawrence EVANS GBR 113.36

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
OT Congratulations to Eric Gay(CAN) for winning downhill gold at alpine worlds

His name is spelled Erik Guay. ;) CBC television will be showing the race tomorrow afternoon.

Majorov is the best Swedish male figure skater. Congrats to him!

Kudos to Sasha on his first Nordic title! :yay: He should've been sent to Euros instead of Koffe, so it's good that he'll go to Worlds and gain more experience on the big stage.

Majorov won the competition, but Adrian did beat him the free skate, though (albeit by only 0.02 points :p). I've noticed in the protocols that Schultheiss didn't do a quad. Maybe he doesn't feel confident about that jump anymore?

No good skate for Kristoffer and no Tokyo. He dis a last try... but :no:

I'm very, very, very heartbroken about this :bang:, but I have to admit that after seeing him fall apart at Euros, I had a bad feeling that the same thing would happen here. When I saw Kris compete at SC a few months ago, I had no idea at the time that it would be his cleanest LP performance of the entire season... *sighs*

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
His name is spelled Erik Guay. ;) CBC television will be showing the race tomorrow afternoon.

:think: I always wondered how he felt about his name. In Swedish TV they pronounce it like gay... so what does a simple soul know :laugh:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's Alexander Majorov's post-LP interview from "On Sport": http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1157004/nordics2011_1-st-in-senior-men At the risk of sounding like a silly fangirl, I find Sasha's accent when he speaks in English to be very cute. :) It's Northern Swedish, correct?

:think: I always wondered how he felt about his name. In Swedish TV they pronounce it like gay...

Yes, his surname is pronounced "gay". I'm not sure how Erik survived all of the taunting... :eek:hwell:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Good for Adrian. Not only moving up but actually winning the free skate. That UR call on the quad seemd to have bothered him and his new coaches.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Start orders for Sunday:

Junior Men LP:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Ondrej SPIEGL SWE
2 Daniel NEUMAN SWE
3 Erik MARTOMA FIN
4 Marcus BJÖRK SWE

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Simon BERGERSEN NOR
6 Julian LAGUS FIN
7 Juho PIRINEN FIN
8 Mathias ANDERSSON SWE
9 Tino OLENIUS FIN

Senior Ladies LP:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Sofie CASTLER DEN
2 Linnea MELLGREN SWE
3 Karina Sinding JOHNSON DEN
4 Louise WESSBERG DEN
5 Cecilia TÖRN FIN
6 Christine ADRIAN SWE

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Joshi HELGESSON SWE
8 Alisa MIKONSAARI FIN
9 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
10 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
11 Beata PAPP FIN
12 Juulia TURKKILA FIN

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Great results by the Norwegian team so far!!!

And congratulations to Sasha Majorov for showing that he is the best Swede right now.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I happen to notice this Danish message on the Nordics website homepage:

På Nordics 2011 sidste dag kom DR TV og optog et indslag til aftenens sportsudsendelse. Første indslag vil blive vist i Sporten efter TV Avisen kl. 18:30 og der vil også blive et indslag i DR Sporten kl. 21:40.

Approximate English translation with Google Translate: At Nordic 2011 last day came DR TV and filmed a spot for the evening sports broadcast. The first spots will appear in sport after TV newspaper at. 18:30 and there will also be a feature of sport at DR. 21:40.

Would you be able to watch this, sequinsgalore?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I happen to notice this Danish message on the Nordics website homepage:

På Nordics 2011 sidste dag kom DR TV og optog et indslag til aftenens sportsudsendelse. Første indslag vil blive vist i Sporten efter TV Avisen kl. 18:30 og der vil også blive et indslag i DR Sporten kl. 21:40.

Approximate English translation with Google Translate: At Nordic 2011 last day came DR TV and filmed a spot for the evening sports broadcast. The first spots will appear in sport after TV newspaper at. 18:30 and there will also be a feature of sport at DR. 21:40.

Would you be able to watch this, sequinsgalore?

Yes, I should be able to watch it.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here are highlights from Kristoffer Berntsson's LP: http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1161208/nordics2011_3-rd-in-senior-men

Alexander Majorov's free skate was presented in full: http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1161063/nordics2011_1-st-in-senior-men

Oddly enough, there is no video for Adrian Schultheiss even though he won the LP and is the Nordic silver medalist. :confused: I can only guess that Koffe may be more popular, or the folks at "On Sport" enjoyed his MJ routine so much that they posted the highlights as a way to give him an "honourable mention". Well, whatever the reason, I'm glad I got to see some of Kris' skating, especially considering that his SP is nowhere to be found. :disapp:

I did notice on the News section of the Nordics website that Berntsson received more compliments for his choreography than his teammates: http://www.nordics2011.dk/News/2011/February/Senior%20Mens%20Short%20Programme.aspx , http://www.nordics2011.dk/News/2011/February/Senior%20Men.aspx . So whatever faults he has as a competitor, it appears that the Danes still appreciate him as a performer. :love:

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Buhuu, DR TV only showed about 20 seconds on the Nordics. It was about the ladies' long programs. It first showed Karina Johnson doing a 3S+1T. The speaker said she delivered a "stable" program (guess he couldn't come up with something more positive to say), and she was the highest ranked Dane with a 7th place. It also said Swedish Viktoria Helgesson won, although she fell on a "triple piroutte"?! The picture showed her falling on a triple lutz, but hey...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Linnea Mellgren ended up 2nd whereas Joshi Helgesson had a meltdown and finished 6th. Does Mellgren go to Worlds then? Anyone know?