• Yes - I would get a flu shot

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No - I would avoid it

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am thinking of getting a flu shot. I got one before and was deathly ill. However, I hear this year's flu virus is deadly! I had bronchitis last spring and do not want to get that sick again!

So I was wondering what you folks think.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Lad,

I haven't gotten the flu since I started getting the shots -- about 10 years.

I'll be getting one this week, even though the nasty virus that has been going around isn't one in this year's shot. In theory, it should be close enough. If not, well, I would have gotten it without the shot anyway. I have no real immunity to much that goes around so I need all the help I can get! I suspect I might take my chances if I'd ever had a truly bad reaction to the shot!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm with Jo........I've been getting a yearly flu shot forever and (knocking on wood here) have managed to get by with only a cold once in a while.........42

Lanie

On the Ice
No way, man! They have to sedate me to even get me to come in the back of the doctor's office when I'm supposed to have a needle, much less GET A SHOT. But I'm a rare, severe case of needlephobia, so. Yeah. Nope! I'd rather get 1000 flues than get a shot.

from what the TV is reporting, the present flu shot does not cover the new strain of flu. However, the medical profession claims it's good to have anyway.

I just take supplements that keep my immune system up to par.

Joe

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought about getting the flu shot in 1999 because of the work load for Y2K, but missed my appointment due to a meeting. Just as well, because I didn't get the flu that year.

Since I'm healthy and relatively hardy, I decided to skip the shot.

mpal2

Final Flight
I've never had a flu shot and I haven't had the flu since I was a kid. So I don't worry about it. :D

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Every year I think about it. I always end up getting one. After everything that happened to my daughter, I tend to think twice about it. I also got a booster for my pneumonia shot this year.
Two of my kids can't get them because they are allergic to eggs.

VGL

Rinkside
I got one this year. My second time getting the shot. My sister has been getting them for years and she got hers last week. We each went to the clinics run by the city health department. She went to one of the last ones and the line up was HUGE.

I was scared of needles when I was little. Nothing to it though, just look away. It only takes a second.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
]I have never had a flu shot and can't remember the last time I had the flu. RG Jr. has never had a flu shot either. Nevertheless, with the flu raging through Colorado, killing six kids already, I'm calling RG Jr.'s doctor TODAY to arrange for a flu shot for her. I must admit to feeling panicky over it, Colorado being close-ish to California.

Kasey

Medalist
Sorry, being a nurse, I have to vote "yes"! (although I haven't had MINE yet this year!)

Also, if you have a history of bronchitis or frequent sinus infections, a pneumonia vaccine may help...check with your doc.

Kasey

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Now my daughter's doctor tells me that they're OUT of the serum and can't see her until Dec. 22nd. I can't get over that panicky feeling. Maybe I should take her into Urgent Care... but I'm sure they're out of it, too. Do you think I'm overreacting?:(

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
RGal........don't panic. It seems that we go through this every year. I believe the concern has been with very young children, infants to three and four year olds, and children with a serious existing medical problem. Most of the second graders in my class have not received a flu shot either............42

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Flu Shot

Last time I got a flu shot, I got real sick, too, but my husband & I are still thinking about getting one!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I have never had a flu shot. I have had the flu since the day before Thanksgiving.

RGal,

If you can get Rgal Jr. the shot somewhere I would do so.

Piel

Mistyeyed

Rinkside
Yes to flu shot! Whole family too. Last year my youngest had something horrible, like four times in 3 months. I didn't know what to think. He was sooo sick. So this year I was ready and hope this shot will offer him some protection from something out there. I simply can not have another repeat of last year :eek:

I used to get sick all the time when I was a kid and about 5 years ago I was like getting everything. Then I started walking daily and things got better. The old routine of Ex., definately builds up good things in your blood to fight nasty viruses.

and lots of vitamin C