Broadway music in skating programs this season | Golden Skate

Broadway music in skating programs this season

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I have noticed more programs than usual this season that utilize music from Broadway shows. The first few that come to mind are Akiko Suzuki's Fiddler on the Roof, Chock and Zuerlein's Cabaret, and Ksenia Makarova's Evita. What are some others from this season that are using musical theatre?

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I have noticed more programs than usual this season that utilize music from Broadway shows. The first few that come to mind are Akiko Suzuki's Fiddler on the Roof, Chock and Zuerlein's Cabaret, and Ksenia Makarova's Evita. What are some others from this season that are using musical theatre?

Kiira Korpi is also using Evita.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rachael Flat is using Slaughter on 10th Avenue from On Your Toes.

I would like to see an Icde Dance couple use Cole Porter's Begin the Beguine. The Beguine is Trinidad's answer to the French Tango.

Oh, that would be great, Joe! It makes me think yearningly of that wonderful sequence (three versions of the song, each in a different style, with two different dances involved) starring Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell in Broadway Melody of 1940. The last part (to jazz clarinet) is the famous part, but this video shows the whole sequence. Anyone who watches this will notice is that Powell was a demon tapper, but also that if she had been a skater, she would have had a layback spin and an Ina Bauer to rival Shizuka's.

Sometimes when I'm at work, I put this video up behind my work screen and just listen to the music and the tap sounds. You could go to Heaven just on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIB6jiWS_vU