2011 Mont Blanc Trophy | Golden Skate

2011 Mont Blanc Trophy

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kristoffer Berntsson's name has been removed from the Mont Blanc Trophy competitors' list. Does anyone know why? :confused: The Swedish federation hasn't chosen a replacement for him (at least not yet). Viktoria Helgesson is also no longer a participant, but another Swedish skater has taken her spot.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^ I suppose it's too close to The Nordics 2011 which end the 13th of february.
^
Could be, but also considering how bad they need ranking points. Joshi and Adrian are still listed though. And the finnish guy Virtanen. All of them going to Nordics as well.

Sequinsgalore, are you going to Nordics? Some live reports maybe :)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
^ I suppose it's too close to The Nordics 2011 which end the 13th of february.

I've considered that, but Koffe did participate in both the Ice Challenge and the Merano Cup earlier this season (both competitions were also scheduled several days apart). Of course, he may have had unexpected deadlines related to his graduate studies or his job.

I think it's a bit odd that the Swedish federation hasn't named a replacement for him. :scratch:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
So Yana and Fedor are going to compete in the Bavarian Open this weekend, then they are going to turn around and compete in the Mont Blanc trophy just a couple of days later. GO YANA AND FEDOR!!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Which brings up the question: D&W, V&M, C&Z, and S&S will all be at 4CC's. I would think they would be travelling to Taipei in a day or so. Aren't both S&Z going to be going with them? Is Marina in Europe with Jana & Fedor? Or will she be?

icemusings

On the Ice
Vartman and Van Cleave lead in senior pairs with three teams including Volosozhar and Trankov to go.

icemusings

On the Ice
Senior Pairs Short Program Results:

Volosozhar/Trankov, RUS: 68.30
Vartmann/Van Cleave, GER: 47.18
Tarasova/Chudin, RUS: 37.34
Malakhova/Kenchadze, BLR: 35.21
Kiefer/Martini, AUT: 28.95

mousepotato

On the Ice
V/T did a great job. Huge triple twist, side by side triples were done great, nice lift, great throw triple but she put her hand down. Spins were good and so was the death spiral. Full levels on everything except the step sequence.

Some have said Trankov said in an interview that they were only going to do enough to get the minimum score and that they held back but I really think (if he really said that) it's just an excuse in case they didn't do well or get the score they wanted. I think they were surprised the score wasn't as high as got at nationals but that is to be expected. I think they were trying their best and did just as good as at nationals.

With that score they would have been 3rd at Euros

Seasons highest SP Scores

S/S - 74.40 GPF
P/T - 71.41 4CC
K/S - 69.49 EUR
V/T - 68.30 MBT

Tanja90

On the Ice
Volosozhar/Trankov won the free skate with 131.54! total score of 199.84!
They are close to their first medal in world stage!

oleada

Record Breaker
That's higher than P/T at 4CCs. If they skate well at Worlds, they'll be on the podium for sure. It wasn't as good as Russian Nats - I'm betting altitude.