Kristi's Special | Golden Skate

Kristi's Special

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Perfect entertainment on a rainy day while riding a stationary bike.

Random thoughts:

Can't believe that was Kristi's 'I just had a baby a month ago body.' That's ridiculous!

Welcome back Paul. It was great to see him skate.

Oh, I miss Alexei in the elegible ranks. There is something about the racecar program - I can watch it over and over again.

Sometimes I forget what a stunning skater Katia is. Couldn't care less about her jumps - I loved that Sunday program (the one not with the scarf)

Yuka can shimmie ... who knew?

Kurt is Kurt. I feel like I'm holding my breath in the hope that he doesn't retire soon.

I wonder how much it cost to produce the show. If the choreographer and dancers are as accomplished as they said, I'd think it'd have been a pretty penny. Does a skating show make that much money?

cianni

On the Ice
kristi

I enjoyed the whole show. It was great to see the great skaters again. Paul was great, Katia in her 2nd number was impressive and Kristie looked fit. kurt can boogie with great footwork, the pairs were inventive in their moves a really well put together show. This is the second show Ive watched this season and I was impressed with both I watched Ice Wars and good to have Biaul back . The competitive season I havent seen so I cant remark but some skating is coming back for awhile at least. Miss it.

YUKA CAN SHIMMY...WHO KNEW!!!!!!!
WHERE DO I SEND IN MY MONEY FOR SOI TICKETS?

Paul Wylie -- Superb. Is this really the first time he has skated in five years?

Kristi looked great! (In case you didn't see her, I will let IdleRacer fill in the details.)

Not that there was anything wrong with Katya's first number with the red ribbon. (It represented "fire," right?) (OT. did you guys see Bernie Mac tonight, where his nephew took up rhythmic gymnastics?)

What a great day for sports. First the Cup of China from 1:30-3:30, then switch over to the World Nascar Pit Crew Championships from 3:30-4:00, then Kristi and the Trophee Lalique short programs! Fortunately the Lions played on Thanksgiving this week, so I didn't have any divided loyalties.

I see there is a separate thread on Kurt Browning's blond hair. so I won't comment here.

Mathman

CB1AB2

Medalist
I missed Paul=I would have really liked to see him. I thought Alexi's i st # was awesome. He has become a show man in such a short time. I've seen he race car # before and still like it,
I love Yuka and Jason skating together. They are perfect=they look like they have been skating together forever. Alaa in all I love the whole show.

cb

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Paul Wylie -- Superb. Is this really the first time he has skated in five years?
he did a group number at the 1961/Sept. 11th tribute show... and he looked awesome from what I understand... but he doesn't look like he lost A DAY in "Hero"... I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!! I so wish I could see him skate live WELCOME BACK PAUL!

windspirit

On the Ice
Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Hi, all.

Just wanted to add that a sent on e-mail to SOI to complain about the dancers during the opening and other ensemble numbers. During those numbers, I felt that the cameras were on the dancers more than the skaters. I also put in a mention about the live singers shows and how we want to watch the skating, not the singers.

There response was:
Thank you for your email- we'll forward it to the producer's of Kristi's show.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
How's this for a loyal Paul Wylie fan.........I taped over an interview with Clay so I could tape Paul's skate................:cry: 42

Heyang, thank you for your post -- I'll forward it to Kristi, LOL.

I really don't know why the producers of these shows think they need a gimmick. People who tune in because they like skating, want to see the skating. People who don't like skating are not going to be pulled in because of a singer or dancer.

Mathman

windspirit

On the Ice
Mathman said:
I really don't know why the producers of these shows think they need a gimmick.
I don't know if it's producers in this case who wanted the gimmick. From the interview with Kristi I've got the impression that it was her idea, and the choreographer was someone she knew, etc. It seemed like she wanted to have those dancers there.

Personally I didn't mind them that much, they were maybe in two numbers after all. And I have to say that I liked the one to the song "Bring Me to Life." :)

I agree with Heyang about skating shows where they have live music (=performers on stage) - I'm against that mix.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry for chiming in so late, but haven't had time to until now.... :)

Just wanted to say that I, honestly, loved the show.......especially the music & the dancers........and of course the skaters. And am pleased to see that Kristi & I both share a love for Prince! :love: YES, that closing number to America by Prince was AWESOME (no lie)! [two thumbs way up]. :eek: As a matter of fact, my favorite numbers were the opening & closing numbers..........the opening group number skated to my favorite 70's songs were RIGHT ON..........and the closing group number skated to Prince (whom I saw in concert when I was in high school in the mid 80's) was THEE BEST! :love:

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Little Keara is such a doll as well; loved the part where Kristi says that she can no longer say that the Olympics is the highlight of her life, rather little Keara is, as it should be. :)^)

THANKS, KRISTI, FOR SUCH A MEMORABLE SHOW (no lie)!

Kasey

Medalist
I loved it too, seeing Paul again!!! And Katia was great, Brasseur and Eisler, somehow I haven't seen them for a while now, and they're always great. Alexei, sigh....loved that new number. And yeah, Kristi had her baby HOW many weeks before that show, and looked like THAT???? is it okay to just hate her now???? ;)

Kasey