Amanda Dobbs withdraws from US Nationals | Golden Skate

Amanda Dobbs withdraws from US Nationals

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
http://www.amandadobbs.com/

I am sad to announce that I have had to withdraw from the 2011 US National Championships in Greensboro, NC. I took a weird fall on a jump last week and hurt my ankle...and while it will heal up just fine...it will not do so in time for me to be ready to compete next week =(
I don't always understand why at the time, but I believe things happen for a reason! My training has been going very well and I'm looking forward to getting back onto the ice and working towards a great new year!
Thanks for all of the kind words and support I have already received from so many of you!

Nadine

Record Breaker
That's too bad, I first recall seeing her skate at one of the GPs this past season, and never having seen her before, let alone skate, I was honestly blown away (verified by my old postings somewhere). Seriously, she stood out amongst the rest not only in her Audrey Hepburn elegance & charm, but also her jumps were pretty darn good as well. Therefore, you can imagine my surprise when I found out later she's also a pairs skater! WOW! It seems like those that can do both are exceptional & rare (ala Kristi Yamaguchi). :)

On a good note, she's only 17 yrs. old, so she still has plenty of time (can't wait to see what she's like in pairs). :)^)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well I'm sad to hear that news, but I think maybe it will be good for her to have some more time to work on the tougher jumps. I don't think she managed to land one flip clean in her competition. And I don't see any sign of a Lutz yet. She's really going to have to have those jumps if she wants to be competitively internationally. Great basics will only take you so far...

lilshorty

On the Ice
p.s. I'm hoping if she has to pick between pairs or singles, she picks pairs, please! She reminds me of Tiffany Stiegler (http://www.cs.kent.edu/~walker/photos/02-01-06_LASkating/Images/photo226.jpg) so much, it would be a joy to see her do something positive with American Pairs skating. That's where her talent lies imho. Either way I wish her luck. :)

Didn't she and her pairs partner split? I think it was some time after they competed at a competition this summer. All I know is that I heard somewhere on FSU (I believe) that she no longer skated pairs anymore.

Nadine

Record Breaker
But can't she get a new one? :confused: I admit I looked her up last night to find out more about her, and was totally shocked to find out she finished 6th at last year's nationals in singles! (8^O I honest to God never even noticed her before this past season's GPs.

She's such a lovely young skater with beauty & charm to boot in the same vein as Tiffany Stiegler, and even though she didn't land the hardest triples at her most recent GP, the ones she did do had nice height & flow on them. Therefore, I think she would add soooo very much to the USA's pairs program. At least it's a start, and she has so much to give! :) :cool: