Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek

Tarrah Harvey / Keith Gagnon
Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill
Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier

Layfan

Record Breaker
What a bummer. That linked worked fine yesterday for some reason but now you can't get it outside of Canada.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What a bummer. That linked worked fine yesterday for some reason but now you can't get it outside of Canada.

they probably had such a spike over the last few days that they've "fixed" it?

goose

Rinkside
The first three teams will likely be pushed out when the current crop of junior dancers move up to seniors.

I want to add "Singing in the rain" to the list of music to be banned for the next five years.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Heh. I thought it was charming, though they skated to "Up" - which has one of the most haunting and moving movie-music moments of the last decade. Thought Dupont/Connolly were charming.

goose

Rinkside
Alexa-Marie Arrotta / Martin Nickel are having a few technical problems.. too bad about that. I'm a bit surprised to see a lot of teams (both juniors and seniors) having twizzle problems.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Singing in the Rain belongs to Kurt Browning... others have tried it, but they just don't hold a candle... though I did enjoy Wester and Barantsev's program to the music.

goose

Rinkside
Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek are the first program I really get into. Much better flow and speed than at Skate Canada Intl. Music Amelie. They got 79 something.

Tigger

Final Flight
Okay, PJ is driving me nuts.

She *always* drives me nuts. I could get her sounding the way she does the first couple of years, because she was new to commentating and was getting used to it. Now though? PJ shouldn't be still be leaving these huge and loooooong pauses inbetween her sentences or fumbling over things. The one thing that bugs me the most though is she doesn't know when to shut up!!

Like I said last night to my Mom, how on earth when we were watching the Ladies FS on the Main CBC three people could be so quiet compared to PJ on Bold? It's too bad too.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek are the first program I really get into. Much better flow and speed than at Skate Canada Intl. Music Amelie. They got 79 something.

Agreed (78.59).

Tigger, like you I forgave PJ's flaws, but my goodness, she hasn't really improved much. I think she's better on her own then with Chouinard, actually. She was good with Pelletier, but mainly because he's actually humorous and insightful (as opposed to Chouinard).

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
She *always* drives me nuts. I could get her sounding the way she does the first couple of years, because she was new to commentating and was getting used to it. Now though? PJ shouldn't be still be leaving these huge and loooooong pauses inbetween her sentences or fumbling over things. The one thing that bugs me the most though is she doesn't know when to shut up!!

Like I said last night to my Mom, how on earth when we were watching the Ladies FS on the Main CBC three people could be so quiet compared to PJ on Bold? It's too bad too.

I had a bigger annoyance factor with Josee Chouinard: she NEVER stopped talking, and if she told us one more time about how the skater was "going for the feature" of 8 revolutions on spins I was going to send her a list of OTHER things skaters could do to get a higher level on spins ... PJ at least occasionally stops talking ...

lise

On the Ice
OMG, if I hear Josee say one more time, they have a freshness about them, I will either scream or send her feminine hygiene products! My goodness I wish they would let us enjoy the skating, not the jabbing!

It isn't as if Josee had tons of success in her amateur career. In fact most of her success were on the pro circuit.

L'amour

On the Ice
I had a bigger annoyance factor with Josee Chouinard: she NEVER stopped talking, and if she told us one more time about how the skater was "going for the feature" of 8 revolutions on spins I was going to send her a list of OTHER things skaters could do to get a higher level on spins ... PJ at least occasionally stops talking ...

she is reeealy anoyng!!

Tigger

Final Flight
Well, Josee I can give a bit of a break to because it's so obvious English isn't her first language. She has no business doing skating commentary in English really.

PJ OTOH...There's no excuses anymore. She's been at this for too long now to still be sounding like a novice commentator.