Boot and sole separating! | Golden Skate

Boot and sole separating!

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
I absolutely love the way Jackson boots fit me, but this is the second time that a pair of Jackson boots are starting to separate on me (the first pair belonged to my dd, but I paid for them!).

Is there something that can be done to fix them? They are about one year old and I skate at least 4 times a week. (Confession: I occasionally leave them in my car in the winter and wonder if the cold/ moisture is a contributing factor.)
What can be done to prevent the separation?
Is there another boot that fits comparable to Jackson, but are of better quality?
Right now I am in a pair of Jackson freestyles, 7.5B.

Thanks in advance for the help.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Where are they separating? If it's in the stacked sole, you can put a screw in from the inside down to put them back together

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
You may need to contact Jackson directly, and see if something can be done by the company.

pattym

Spectator
Something similar happened to me once with my left boot..I called the company on their direct line and they gave me an exchange (apparently the boots were not done properly). Not sure if you have the same situation but won't hurt to contact them.

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
Thanks for the insight. A coach told me that the glue seemed to have given out. I contacted Rainbo and a person there suggested that I take it to a shoe repair person. That did the trick and things are fine now.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Interesting. Jackson has bought Gam skates; we had two pairs of Gams that did the same thing. I wonder if there is a connection? Be very wary of repairing the boots and heels. We had this attempted, by an expert boot repair person, with screws; he warned us that it was a temporary patch, and it did get us through a competition. However, the patch seperated during a test day, and nearly caused a failure of the test itself. Glue giving out doesn't seem logical; they aren't just "glued" together (what model are you wearing?). I would definitely contact Jacksons and complain; their customer service is generally very good.

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
I have Jackson Freestyle boots. Because they fit so great I am really hesitate about having to dealing with a major hassle. A personal goal of mine is for me to be able to move up a boot by the end of the summer.

I took my boots to the gentleman who repairs my high- end shoes and purses. He opened the sole up a bit, cemented the boot to the sole and tightened the screws.

So far so good.

Btw, I wasn't aware that Jackson bought GAM!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I need to try Jackson's one day. I really love my Klingbeils =) I hear Jackson's have a shorter break-in period?

vlaurend

Final Flight
I went from Jackson to SP Teri and am now on my third pair of SP Teri boots. The quality is great and the boot shape is good for feet like mine that are wide in the toes (I found it worthwhile to pay a little extra for a split width - B in the ball and A in the heel, so my heels don't slip up in the boots as the achilles padding starts flattening out).

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
I went from Jackson to SP Teri and am now on my third pair of SP Teri boots. The quality is great and the boot shape is good for feet like mine that are wide in the toes (I found it worthwhile to pay a little extra for a split width - B in the ball and A in the heel, so my heels don't slip up in the boots as the achilles padding starts flattening out).

Thanks. I will ask Rainbo to bring an SP Teri boot for me to try the next time they come down to our rink.

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
^^ I haven't tried those boots. I've only skated in Riedells and Jacksons. I prefer the fit of Jacksons hands down, but I don't want to be bothered with sole separation issues, so hopefully it was just a 2 time fluke!