Mens LP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Mens LP

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Chan better take it easy . . . don't want to deliver the performance you should be saving for the big dance (Worlds) at the Nationals a la Jeremy Abbott last season.

Come on, enjoy the moment. Two quads. Triple Axel landed. And he didn't - he didn't do his second triple-triple combination (the 3F+3T, going for the 3Lo+2T). Room for improvement.

I'm overjoyed.

Layfan

Record Breaker
oh. my. God. That is the best I've ever seen Patrick. Unbelievable. All I have to say is what more could you want from a skater? He is phenomenal, I don't care what anyone says.

prettykeys

Medalist
Hats off to Patrick. Wow, what a competition this was. :) Emotions were a bit down after the elation of Sawyer, but Patrick 100% deserves to win. Gorgeous quads.

I feel a bit bad for Reynolds.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably too amazing. Will he possibly be able to produce a repeat performance at Worlds now when he will really need to skate that well to win there?

herios

Medalist
Chan better take it easy . . . don't want to deliver the performance you should be saving for the big dance (Worlds) at the Nationals a la Jeremy Abbott last season.

He didn't listen you. He had the skate of his career, like Shawn had.....

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
CBC television has begun broadcasting the Men's LP, so we can relive the exhiliration all over again. :biggrin:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Why did Patrick have to go and curse himself by saying "I wish this could have been at worlds?"

He wins if he does that at worlds though.

oakl0008

Rinkside
Shawn's performance will stay with mer for a while. And Patrick's performance, wow. That's what makes a competition.

So happy for Joey Russel!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why did Patrick have to go and curse himself by saying "I wish this could have been at worlds?"

He wins if he does that at worlds though.

My thoughts exactly! Why did he choose to peak at Nationals of all places where he could have fallen 6 times and still won?

Layfan

Record Breaker
197..... HA HA HA HA HA. He knows it's too much. He doesn't care. I don't care. That's awesome.

Yes, over top but on the other hand - that performance utterly eclipsed last year's Olympic gold and World gold performances. I say that with all due respect to Evan and Daisuke, both of whom I like.