Mens LP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Mens LP

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Correct, hence the Triple Lutz + Triple Salchow is a very creative design to get around that inability to repeat the Triple Toe again in a combo.

Also, can we just praise the fact that he absolutely nailed that combo/sequence for the first time this season?

katia

On the Ice
If Chan score was ridiculous then men's US scores, Russian scores and other (Verner) scores were also ridiculous.
Why so many people want Chan to fail or claim that he is overscored when he is not??

emma

Record Breaker
Also, can we just praise the fact that he absolutely nailed that combo/sequence for the first time this season?

Can't find the emoticons...but this is me applauding and jumping up and down!!!!!

I did want to come a bit down to earth and say that actually, i loved the entire final flight. Thanks Canadian Men!!!

M

mylastduchess

If Chan score was ridiculous then men's US scores, Russian scores and other (Verner) scores were also ridiculous.
Why so many people want Chan to fail or claim that he is overscored when he is not??
Because they will always be people that can't stop whining what ever happens!

jettasian

Match Penalty
PJ Kwong said that the quad's Chan's new fave jump, and it shows. He has such ease in both quads, much better than the evil Axel, haha.

Tigger

Final Flight
If you compare Chan's score at nationals to his international personal best, then do the same for other skaters, you'll find that Chan got around the same amount of inflation as everybody else. For instance, Joey Russell got 30 points over his international PB, while Chan got around 26 over his international PB. However, Chan skated his best LP ever while Russell still had room for improvement. But of course the haters are going to pretend anything above 100 is an evil conspiracy of blind judges where the sole beneficiary is Patrick Chan.

If all you want out of every competition are arbitrary scores that satisfy your own personal grievances and prejudices, you do not deserve to enjoy this sport that thousands of athletes risk life and limb for.

Well said and Thank you for saying it. :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
It still strikes me as remarkable that in just one season, Patrick gains the quad (of course he's been training it for years, but he gets it this season and does it buttery-smooth) and then does it consistently.

The ease with which he does them--if I wasn't paying attention to the rotations, they would pass my eyes for triples.

I know. Who would have guessed last year that the quad would be the best thing that ever happened to Patrick? It's been the best surprise of the season, along with Alissa's GPF win.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Chan's score was ridiculous but the placements were right, so I won't argue with the final results. I'm feeling very happy for Sawyer and Russell right now...

Er, Joey Russell got a higher inflation than Chan did despite skating an LP with multiple mistakes. Sawyer gets a +1 for a hand down on the axel, while Chan gets -3 on a perfectly landed one. Have you no sense of fairness? One score is ridiculous but the others you're very happy for?

jettasian

Match Penalty
Is he a man now Evgeni and Elvis?

WOW!! Smart move taking out the second axel and putting in another quad. Both were gorgeous!!

You know what E + E would say? No Axel combo, so still girly to them.

evangeline

Record Breaker

Yeah...it's a national championship, it's practically de rigueur for federations to pump up the scores of their top skaters. And at least Patrick skated well enough to somewhat deserve his nice fat scores. Let's save our paroxysms of outrage for the international championships, shall we? :laugh:

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
Er, Joey Russell got a higher inflation than Chan did despite skating an LP with multiple mistakes. Sawyer gets a +1 for a hand down on the axel, while Chan gets -3 on a perfectly landed one. Have you no sense of fairness? One score is ridiculous but the others you're very happy for?

That confusing -3 on an axel from one judge was in the SP. Chan received appropriate GOE on his axels tonight.

katia

On the Ice

:thumbsup:

wallylutz

Medalist
Chan gets -3 on a perfectly landed one.

The -3 was on his Double Axel in the SP, most likely an error on the part of the judge. Men are allowed to do either a Double or Triple Axel in the SP whereas doing less rotatation than required in jumps is an automatic -3 in the SP. That judge either forgot that Double Axel is an option and therefore, doesn't receive the automatic -3 penalty or she saw something the rest of us didn't.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seniorita is an almost fan. Hurray!!!! Go Chan! Also, I agree - I didn't want Shawn's program to end either. Thank goodness for Justin TV.
I am, this was a legendary skate. The moment he finished I was thinking that if he was skating like this in Vancouver he would have got gold, silver and bronze altogether!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I love it when I witness brilliance on the ice. Thank you Patrick. Shawn was fabulous too.
A+ skating from the final flight tonite.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
A little dramatic, aren't we?

It's actually not very dramatic. The fact is that in this and other sports, the vast majority of the time people who participate follow the rules with integrity. Listen to Jean Senft, one of the judges at this very competition and also the judge who blew the whistle on vote trading at the 1998 Olympics. Despite what she went through and saw, she says, "I really believe that 99.9 percent of judges are totally honest. It's just that tiny percentage who are not that you have to worry about." Fans who expect results to be skewed to their own misgivings instead of what actually happened are going to be frequently disappointed. They don't deserve to enjoy it, and most of the time, they won't.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Had Patrick walked on water, some people would ridicule him for not kowing how to swim.

What else can they do? Haters have got to hate.