Pairs, Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs, Short Program

mousepotato

On the Ice
Which one would that be? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no German judge in this panel. The panel is Greece, Great Britain, France, Poland, Italy, Israel, Ukraine, Russia and Hungary.

LOL, I never said the judge was german I just meant his or her scores were far higher than the rest of the fellow judges. As far as the twist goes it's easy to always assume K/S twist is bad but in reality this time it was better than the germans especially the split. Both were alittle low.

Last edited:

mousepotato

On the Ice
And guess what spoken language is used in Switzerland? :)

K/S scored lower in other elements like the throw jump, the lz twist, but they did better in the step sequence. In fact, their base value is higher. You can't just look at one impressive element from S/S and decide their program is better.

I just can't believe K/S didn't place above S/S in a single component.

They scored the same on the 3T also.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Okay, first note: when filming side-by-side spins, we need to see both partners. Focusing on one doesn't work.

S/S: So clearly the champions this season.

Berton/Hotarek: Performance that makes me happiest. I had high hopes for them this season, but injuries/WDs I thought would wreack havoc on my hopes. They did well.

Kavaguti/Smirnov: There's not a team in the world that could skate to this music, but they certainly tried. A couple truly commanding moments (the final lift, the entry into the death spiral), but not nearly as unbelievably amazing as their long program. Which will be clean tomorrow.

Barazova/Larionov: Ah, Beauty and the Beast. Not really, but she's so diminuitive and he's so gargantuan that it's hard not to make the comparison. Shame about the errors, and a bigger shame that they went for this right after the M/T did it last season, but not bad. They're not my favourite team, and their weaknesses are exagerrated together, but the lift really is sensational.

Hausch/Wende: This doesn't really get to me. I think I'm bored of the music.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
S/S will get higher CH, PE, and IN for their clownish LP. Which will be ridiculous. K/S should win the LP by a large margin if both pairs are clean, but I don't think it will be the case. Sad!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I loooveeeee S/S Lp, it is a refresh from all the love snoozefests. :D In TEB it was the attraction of the day!
I like K/S Lp as well though, much better than the last season''s one.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I loooveeeee S/S Lp, it is a refresh from all the love snoozefests. :D In TEB it was the attraction of the day!
I like K/S Lp as well though, much better than the last season''s one.

Thanks for this!! I started to think I'm the only one who likes S/S LP. I did liked their Out of Africa program better, but this one is different and entertaining! Not a fan of the costumes though. K/S on the other hand have a superb lyrical program I absolutely adore! I do wand S/S to win, but I can't help but admire K/S program. Until last season, I thought they are not able to produce the same quality in their Lp as they do in their Sp. But they sure made me eat my words! Good luck to both teams!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like it too. But K/S stunned me with their LP at CoR and I think it's an order of magnitude better than anything else they've ever done, whereas S/S's "Pink Panther" is a step down from "Out of Africa."

mousepotato

On the Ice
Both teams have stated they wanted to do a departure from what they did last year and I think both team accomplished that. I'm sure both team are going to do well today. My main concern (as is theirs) is skating in sub-zero temperatures. It concerns the men for their partners especially in the long program trying to land throws and the men lifting the ladies with such cold muscles. I hope they all end the competition injury free. I hope who ever runs this competition gets an earful from federations after it’s' all over and I hope everyone boycotts the gala.

oleada

Record Breaker
Both teams have complained about the cold, and Aliona even warmed up in sweats last night. I worry about that too. It's ridiculous that such a major event is held in a rink this cold. You could see everyone's breath.