Starting Orders for Men. | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Starting Orders for Men.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Preaubert wiped out badly on a 3Loop, after doing a 3-3 and 3A cleanly.

I was still shocked at how low the score was. I would have thought more 67/68ish for that skate. His components were well below Contesti's which I don't agree with.

As for the Euro men at Worlds, Amodio and Brezina seem to be in a good place. If Tomas can skate a clean SP, he should be able to do well for himself too, his PCS were very good here even though the 3a fall sucked the life out of the performance a little bit.

As for Joubert, the competition isn't over yet. Judging by his PCS scores in the SP, if he skates well in the FS, his components will likely be really high, even skating in the penultimate group, so he can definitely pull up for a medal. 8 points behind the leader but only 4 points out of 3rd, he can make that up.

Verner still has a good shot at a medal as well and I'm not terribly nervous because he has been pretty solid in the FS this season, but gold is probably Amodio's to lose at this point.

Brezina is a bit of a question mark, he rocked the SP, but the injury and time off may be more apparent in the FS. I'm worried about his stamina and can see him falling off the podium after the FS. That being said, he is a good competitor and more than capable of medaling here.

Contesti can medal but he'll probably need mistakes from the others. With no quad planned in the FS and his scratchy skating, he's gonna need to be pretty clean to have a shot. His PCS were high in the SP though so if that trend continues his odds are better.

KVDP I don't think will medal, he just runs out of steam so quickly. He had the skate of his life in the FS at Worlds last year and only managed mid 140s, and this season on the GP he's been solid in the FS and has scored in the mid 130s. Being in the final flight could help his PCS though. He could also have an "off" night - he seems pretty hot and cold in general.

Gatchinski. I really can't stand his FS, but if he hits the jumps he should score well. I think he'll end up just shy of the podium but I could be wrong.

Predictions for Ending Results:

1.) Amodio
2.) Verner
3.) Joubert
4.) Contesti
5.) Brezina
6.) Gatchinski

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
he is a big forerunner(is that a correct word?) for modern male Swedish figure skating:clap:

I'd use the word "pioneer". :rock:

Sunsetting on Berntsson.

He's balancing athletics with a Master's thesis in Electrical Engineering and a part-time job, so I'd say he's doing okay considering that his training time is shorter than a lot of the skaters at this event. And even if his "old" age is a factor, Kristoffer is still one of best the male figure skaters in Sweden. Schultheiss is 6 years his junior, yet his younger teammate has been unable to fully dethrone him. You'd think that Adrian would easily beat Koffe at every competition they both participate in, but that isn't the case.

Smoke

Rinkside
Florent (what a beautiful name) was amazing, he was obviously born to skate! Guess he'll get the gol medal. By the way, at the age of 2 he was adopted (he was brazilian) by a french couple.

Verner was really good as always. I loved Brezina's sp. Contesti and Brezina will need luck in lp.

V. D. Perren was great also, I'm hopeful for him.

Joubert was a huge disappointment. He may leave without any medals for the first time in European Champs :unsure:

And my personal favourite... *cough* Peter LIEBERS. He'll get much more better results in Worlds.

euroskate

Final Flight
5 CiSt3 3.30 1.14 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 4.44

Haven't seen the program yet, but how do you explain the score?

this scores are just right. the steps were amazing. everybody who is telling something else doesn´t have a clue about skating. of course you cannot have that deep edges with the speed he had. the speed and the power and the variety were just amazing and defenitely worth a +3!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Really? I think wallylutz has demonstrated time and again his knowlegde of figure skating is pretty remarkable. Disappointing to note that because he disagrees with you about one element you consider that he doesn't have a clue about the sport.

The bullets below are what is taken into consideration. Six of them are recommended for +3. euroskate, which six do you think he's accomplished (or five but done so well that +3 is fair)?

1) good energy and execution
2) good speed or acceleration during sequence
3) good clarity and precision
4) deep clean edges (including entry and exit of all turns)
5) good control and commitment of whole body to accuracy of steps
6) creativity and originality
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure

euroskate

Final Flight
Really? I think wallylutz has demonstrated time and again his knowlegde of figure skating is pretty remarkable. Disappointing to note that because he disagrees with you about one element you consider that he doesn't have a clue about the sport.

The bullets below are what is taken into consideration. Six of them are recommended for +3. euroskate, which six do you think he's accomplished (or five but done so well that +3 is fair)?

7) effortless throughout

apoligies to wallylutz. i do not follow the blog so regulary to know who has shown figure skating knowlege and who has not.

for the +3 i would take every bullet exept for the deep edges.

That is so crazy. Brezina and Florent are the reasons I started watching junior competitions. They have something special. I knew they would do well in the senior ranks.
If you look at the bullets in the Interpretation section of the PC scoring system, you will find that Michal and Floret both cover the entire scope of Musicality. If Skating Ability is about Flow and Stroking, they have that too. Since they also have the Tech tricks, you have a winning ticket. They are among the few skaters with Dance ability. The audience loves it and some judges who are not concerned about quads love it

7) effortless throughout
From what I've read before, he is a big fan of Chan and defends Chan's Falls as nothing because of his skating ability like a fall has nothing to do with skating ability. :confused:

^^^
It was another look at Brezina's versatility. That was a far cry from the gene kelly we're used to seeing. And quite good too.

Best Gachinsky I ever seen. He is getting that Plushenko style in skating.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
this scores are just right. the steps were amazing. everybody who is telling something else doesn´t have a clue about skating. of course you cannot have that deep edges with the speed he had. the speed and the power and the variety were just amazing and defenitely worth a +3!

Quite jarring for me to read the bolded statement right after the preceding sentence calling someone else as not having a clue about skating.

Deep edges is exactly how the best skaters, notably Patrick Chan, generate their speed in the beautiful and seemingly effortless fashion, without all the cross overs. It is why Chan can do his quad jumps with footwork instead of long stalking. He has both the deepest edges and the fastest speed, which is another reason those who have plenty of clues about skating gush over him. (Please don't ever say Kurt Browning does not have any clue about skating!)

That is so crazy. Brezina and Florent are the reasons I started watching junior competitions. They have something special. I knew they would do well in the senior ranks.
I wonder if all the talk last season about transitions and having an actual program finally brought Joubert's flaws to the front.
It's a question of Musicality. Both Forent and Michal are solo dancers on ice and together with the above average tricks, they win over the audience and most judges.

Personally I didn't think Joubert was so bad. He is regaining his stature slowly which he may well be ready for Worlds.

euroskate

Final Flight
Quite jarring for me to read the bolded statement right after the preceding sentence calling someone else as not having a clue about skating.

Deep edges is exactly how the best skaters, notably Patrick Chan, generate their speed in the beautiful and seemingly effortless fashion, without all the cross overs. It is why Chan can do his quad jumps with footwork instead of long stalking. He has both the deepest edges and the fastest speed, which is another reason those who have plenty of clues about skating gush over him. (Please don't ever say Kurt Browning does not have any clue about skating!)

last time i reply on my message
first i already appoligized

second to make clear that i should better have said quickness instead of speed in this context. with this quickness in changing the steps and turnes you cannot produce very deep edges.
you are totally right that speed is in direct connext with edges.
hope i cleared up on this now....