Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

mousepotato

On the Ice
If the judging were perfect and by the book then you wouldnt be complaining about judging of a competition now would you. All the unoffiical rules that applied to skating judging in the past still do under COP. It is in fact easy to fudge GOE and PCS depending on who is in favor and who isnt.

And most people expect V/T to place above K/S at Worlds now so I am not sure what you are talking about as far as a lower level. :laugh: It is not like K/S win alot of competitions in their career to date despite being a team for 5 years now.

If V/T have a meltdown at worlds and don't perform well, no - they won't medal in spite of being "Russia's #1" sorry to burst your bubble if that is how you feel competitions are run. If they want to medal they need to earn it. K/S have competed 28 times and brought home 22 medals in less than 4 1/2 years that is very impressive, far more impressive that Trankov or Volosozhar had with thier former partners in more than 8 years. V/T need to win more medals than one to have a track record like that. One nationals, one worlds (if they get one) is still only two, good but still only two, they need a few more pieces of hardware.

As far as the "corupt ISU judges" go, I think you spend most of your time on message boards allowing posters to fill your head with what judges do and don't do and I think you should sign up to be a judge so you get firmiliar with the actual process or at the very least read what is involved on their (ISU) website. It's a few hundred pages long but it's worth the read. I think you will be less :rolleye:

BTW: How many competitions did Trankov win when he was with Maria for 8 years? :laugh:

treeloving

Medalist
K/S deserved much better PCS than S/S this time.

By the way, the way Smirnov hold Yuko made me :eek:: (Blush!).

I wish Yuko gain a bit more weight though.

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
If V/T have a meltdown at worlds and don't perform well, no - they won't medal in spite of being "Russia's #1" sorry to burst your bubble

What bubble bursting. Of course is they skate crap they wont medal, that applies to everyone. If you skated badly enough you wont medal even if you are a Michelle Kwan. I never implied I thought if they skated poorly they would still finish with a great result, but while possible what reason is there assume a poor performance with falls (although as a K/S fan I can see how you have gotten used to expecting that). However V/T are the Russian #1 going into Worlds which means if they skate reasonably well they are more likely to place on the podium or higher on the podium than K/S. Sorry to burst YOUR bubble.

if that is how you feel competitions are run. If they want to medal they need to earn it. K/S have competed 28 times and brought home 22 medals in less than 4 1/2 years that is very impressive, far more impressive that Trankov or Volosozhar had with thier former partners in more than 8 years. V/T need to win more medals than one to have a track record like that. One nationals, one worlds (if they get one) is still only two, good but still only two, they need a few more pieces of hardware.

You cant fault a new pair for not having won alot of medals yet. The fact is many already consider them a better team than Kavaguti & Smirnov. They have a good shot of bettering the best Worlds finish ever of K&S in their first attempt.

As far as the "corupt ISU judges" go, I think you spend most of your time on message boards allowing posters to fill your head with what judges do and don't do and I think you should sign up to be a judge so you get firmiliar with the actual process or at the very least read what is involved on their (ISU) website. It's a few hundred pages long but it's worth the read. I think you will be less :rolleye:

Or you could instead read the book by a former longtime ISU judge like Jon Jackson who indeed gives alot of insight to what goes on with skating judges and what goes into making the results. :laugh:

BTW: How many competitions did Trankov win when he was with Maria for 8 years? :laugh:

M/T werent that good a pair since they had horrible chemistry (easy to understand now), she was inconsistent technically, and she was cold and presented herself none on the ice, plus they had simple choreography. I am not the one who overrates M/T, you are the one who said something ridiculous last year like they would have finished higher than P/T in the short program in Vancouver had they gone clean. :laugh: Max was a great skater holding up a mediocre skater like Maria as evidenced by where the two are now with partners of their own abilities.

Now that Maxim is paired up with Tatiana who is an infinitely better skater than Maria, and with the two making a much better pair on the ice, obviously this is a much stronger team.
And Tatianias former partner was essentialy a truck driver on ice, so even less wonder how they didnt fair so great.