3FTw - a bit crashy landing
BoDs
FCCoSp - good unison
ChSp
2A+2A SEQ. - ok, fought for landing
3LoTh - ok
Li
Li
Li - he struggles the be on one foot, not very pretty...
PCoSp

okay program, but they seemed tentative and nervous. Will it be enough

Score: 134.12, total 203.61
They win the free, but stay 2nd. Very close!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
That was so wrong! K/S deserved the title! How could the judges do that? And why? No way S/S deserved to win with that skate

beep_beep

Medalist
K/S are not my favourites, but this program is just gorgeous.

I'd give the title to them... but it's a close call.

Diva

On the Ice
The German commentators are very surprised that Aljona and Robin won. Usually they have them all over and can't stop gushing but they don't seem to agree with the judges. One of them just said "I cannot believe it".

I agree with them. While I wasn't sure about K/S victory last year, this year the should have won.

lavender

Record Breaker
Well there is the short program and it was close but not perfection.

Can't say I'm disappointed that they didn't get the title. I don't like K/S...well mostly I just can't seem to warm up to Yuko. I keep trying.

Well they rightfully won the long program.

oleada

Record Breaker
K/S reportedly only had levels 1 on their SBS spins and the death spiral. Their jump landings were not good either, so they lost it by not getting their levels and being scratchy. They had the opportunity to win it on TES, but they didn't take it.

S/S had one really huge mistake, but their performance quality was excellent, and the lifts, throws and other elements were going to get huge GOE.

babayaga

On the Ice
K/S reportedly only had levels 1 on their SBS spins and the death spiral. Their jump landings were not good either, so they lost it by not getting their levels and being scratchy. They had the opportunity to win it on TES, but they didn't take it.

S/S had one really huge mistake, but their performance quality was excellent, and the lifts, throws and other elements were going to get huge GOE.

I am looking at the protocols right now and all the K/S spins are level 4, death spiral is level 1 indeed. It seems that they simply lost on GOE.

tdnuva

On the Ice
I have to admit I am biased, but still....

K/S made no big mistake, but that doesn't earn the title, there were others. Honestly, I feared B/L more than K/S tonight after they skated. Seems the levels of K/S were too low compared to S/S for some elements, that is a matter of planning and abilities. And I also saw quite several few glitches concerning landings and balance in the lifts e.g. which might affect PCS and execution marks. So in the end - a matter of calculation.

But the choreography was much better than in many programs of K/S before, so they are on a good way. Otoh I prefer versatility and am a bit bored by drama and cheesefests (and will avoid most of ladies comp therefore....).

Diva

On the Ice
Since 1959 either Germans or Soviets/Russians have always won the pairs title and still no non-Russian/non-German pair in sight how can challenge for the title...

tdnuva

On the Ice
What about the Italians? They are THE new couple for me I have to watch in the future...

oleada

Record Breaker
I am looking at the protocols right now and all the K/S spins are level 4, death spiral is level 1 indeed. It seems that they simply lost on GOE.

I was just repeating what was said by some commentators...you're right it's only the death spiral. He was also shaky on the last lift (put his foot down), so that brought their GOE down on that element as well.

Diva

On the Ice
They could potentially medal but right now I think that the young Russian pairs (not only G/E and B/L who were in Bern) still have an edge. That might change. Really liked B/H's short program while their LP wasn't as good but I surely hope that they will keep improving over the next couple of years.

babayaga

On the Ice
Now I can't wait for the WC to see how V/T would score with the international judges against everyone else. I am already excited :)

oleada

Record Breaker
Now I can't wait for the WC to see how V/T would score with the international judges against everyone else. I am already excited :)

Worlds will be really exciting :) S/S are locks for the podium, but they are so inconsistent, that they aren't locks for gold. K/S are back, V/T are new to the scene, P/T haven't been skating well this season, B/L are coming on very strong....should be a strong battle for the podium.

sillylionlove

Medalist
David King just posted on his facebook OWWW. Some people responded to ask if he was ok and if anyone got hurt. He replied "just my butt, her butt and our pride but we are ok." At leas they are not hurt and can find some humor in it. By the way the butt was really the A word but that's censored on here.

Smoke

Rinkside
I'm happy with the results. S/S were under so much pressure but they did well. I like watching them, they deserved the medal. K/S were really good but not enough for the gold. B/L were one of the surprises this year. They may rock next year.

Worlds will be so much fun :yay: