Pair's SP | Golden Skate

Pair's SP

L'amour

On the Ice
Caitlin Yankowskas, Broadmoor SC
John Coughlin, Kansas City FSC 64.30

reports at tiwtter said thte they were breathtaking :)

Last edited:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Does anyone know who is doing the commentary? I didn't catch it.

raress

On the Ice
Any free live stream?I remember that last year it was one from NBC but i can't found it!:(

lavender

Record Breaker
Really liking Caitlin/Yankowskas. Glad there's a U.S. pair to root for. It's been awhile.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I am not sure about a live stream but the final results are posted on the USFSA's live result feed.
Top 4

1. Y/C
2. E/L
3. R. Brubaker and new partner:)
4. D/B

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Bereswill and Young looked beautiful and had a great program. They hit all the elements including nice side by side toes. They had a very European look , and I really enjoyed watching them.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Is it still going on!?! Did I miss it! I'm in the PNW, PST time. Darn, I hope I didn't miss the final group. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops, okay I just read this thread, I did miss it. I really wanted to see Mary Beth Marley, as I did enjoy her Jr. SP & LP the other night. :) Also, I was soooo very excited to see how she & Rockne looked out there on the ice. Replays aren't up yet, so it looks like I'll have to wait a bit.

I'm NOT going to miss ladies!

oleada

Record Breaker
Saw the last two groups - loved Marley/Brubaker. Yankowskas and Coughlin were great and deserve their lead. Denney and Barrett were really lackluster.

I hope the top 3 stays that way :)

gold12345

Medalist
Yankowskas/Coughlin really performed well, especially considering that this was their first time coming in as a favorite, and maybe THE favorite. Now they have to handle the pressure of being the leaders after the SP. I hope they do well, because their LP is quite lovely.

Evora/Ladwig did well with their new program. It wasn't great, but it was good. I loved Amanda's response to the press conference question about how long they were going to continue competing. She said she would like to continue skating until she can't any more, and that in some way, shape or form, she will skate.

Marley/Brubaker did pretty well. They of course need more time to develop, but it was a solid effort. Their main error was the problem on the triple twist... It doesn't seem ready yet. In their previous competition, the SP was definitely the stronger of their two programs, so I'm not surprised that they did well with it here. I'm not sure they have a second throw triple yet, at least not one that they land very often, so that will probably make it quite difficult to remain top 3. But it's not like there's much depth in US pairs.

Denney/Barrett's fall obviously cost them a higher placement, but they are still in good shape going into the long. Their weaknesses are well-noted, but they have more technical difficulty than the others and they really try to sell what they are doing out there... That will keep them in the running. I still could see them winning this competition given the consistency of the others.

Castelli/Shnapir didn't do as well as expected. He had a problem on the SBS jumps, but they also got negative GOE on their twist, which has generally been pretty good recently. I think they can move up a bit in the standings with a better LP.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
If anyone has a youtube link to Marley/Brubaker, I'd be interested in seeing them. I'm surprised D/B are in 4th, but if they fell, then that explains it.

If anyone has a youtube link to Marley/Brubaker, I'd be interested in seeing them. I'm surprised D/B are in 4th, but if they fell, then that explains it.
Yes, I have so much trouble with the audio of IN, I would appreciate a Youtube of the couples who finished l-3.