Ladies Short Programme | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Programme

euroskate

Final Flight
well costner made the final group with two falls...i am kind of undecided whether this is fair or not.

i think her TES are OK and Components - well it IS a really good program and the components don´t go down just because of the falls. She didn´t let herself fall apart and performed to the last second. 2nd best PCS is OK and the result is what she got.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Chan can finish 4th with 3 falls, I see no problem with Kostner finishing 6th with 2 falls. ;)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I so wish Kiira will hold it together in the long! I still have nightmares with her 2008 world performance! Also I hope that Carolina with the pressure to defend the title gone(I can't imagine her overcoming 10 points) will do better! It will be heartbreaking if she misses the podium :cry:

Tesla

Final Flight
Protocals are up. Hecken had a time violation. Carolina got saved by her spins and footwork.

Lily.Grace

Rinkside
I'm actually really impressed by Kiira's skating; I've never really liked her very much but this performance was really GOOD!! Loved her flow, her movements were connected and harmonious, she's really improving!! Good for her!!!

euroskate

Final Flight
PLACING IN ELEMENTS:

1 Kiira KORPI FIN 33.18
2 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS 32.98
3 Sarah MEIER SUI 31.56
4 Ira VANNUT BEL 30.67
5 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 29.41
6 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 29.39
7 Sarah HECKEN GER 27.72
8 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 27.03
9 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP 26.45
10 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 26.02
11 Romy BÜHLER SUI 25.80
12 Juulia TURKKILA FIN 25.65
13 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 25.59
14 Jenna MCCORKELL GBR 25.54
15 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 25.36
16 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 24.25
17 Svetlana ISSAKOVA EST 24.12
18 Viktoria PAVUK HUN 23.47
20 Hristina VASSILEVA BUL 22.74
21 Alena LEONOVA RUS 22.66
22 Alexandra KUNOVA SVK 21.82
23 Dasa GRM SLO 21.68
24 Alice GARLISI ITA 20.99
24 Karina JOHNSON DEN 21.78
25 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 18.60
28 Birce ATABEY TUR 17.59
27 Clara PETERS IRL 15.22
26 Irina MOVCHAN UKR 14.52

Last edited:

euroskate

Final Flight
PLACING IN Components:

1 Kiira KORPI FIN 30.32
2 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 29.15
3 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS 27.37
4 Sarah MEIER SUI 27.00
5 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 26.65
6 Valentina MARCHEI ITA 25.88
7 Alena LEONOVA RUS 25.74
8 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 25.31
9 Sarah HECKEN GER 24.40
10 Jenna MCCORKELL GBR 23.11
11 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP 22.65
12 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 22.20
13 Ira VANNUT BEL 20.23
14 Alice GARLISI ITA 19.80
15 Romy BÜHLER SUI 19.62
16 Juulia TURKKILA FIN 19.52
17 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 19.39
18 Viktoria PAVUK HUN 18.71
19 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 18.48
20 Svetlana ISSAKOVA EST 18.18
21 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 18.06
22 Dasa GRM SLO 17.29
23 Alexandra KUNOVA SVK 16.85
24 Karina JOHNSON DEN 16.52
25 Irina MOVCHAN UKR 16.91
26 Hristina VASSILEVA BUL 16.37
27 Clara PETERS IRL 15.69
28 Birce ATABEY TUR 14.91

euroskate

Final Flight
Protocals are up. Hecken had a time violation. Carolina got saved by her spins and footwork.

there are some very interesting component scores

korpi coreo from 6.25 to 8,25 > 6,25??? :eek:
maier from avarage 6 to average 8 > ??? :eek: 7 would be just fine
maite performance from 5 to 7,25 > 7,25 ???:eek:

costern scores ARE OK - she got punished in performance execution with marks in high 6, thats fair!
hecken only level 2 layback and GOE mostly around 0 or +1 so judging on her is fine too!
with leonova the single axel was her killer only worth 0,50 points

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I think Sarah Hecken was underscored, she deserves to be ahead of Kostner ((

Absolut right. And then the time violation :( ... did not happend in any other competetion. Really sad for her, after the really worse and hard season for her, with all the injuries and illness. Hope she can skate a good programm tomorrow, and can be happy with herself afterwards!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Although I didn't watch the Ladies' SP, I did check the results, and it's fantastic that Viktoria Helgesson is in 4th place! :clap: What a great day for Swedish figure skating! She just stole the thunder away from her male teammates. :p

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Although I didn't watch the Ladies' SP, I did check the results, and it's fantastic that Viktoria Helgesson is in 4th place! :clap: What a great day for Swedish figure skating! She just stole the thunder away from her male teammates. :p

I've been impressed with Viktoria Helgesson since last year. I think she's underscored a lot.

euroskate

Final Flight
Absolut right. And then the time violation :( ... did not happend in any other competetion. Really sad for her, after the really worse and hard season for her, with all the injuries and illness. Hope she can skate a good programm tomorrow, and can be happy with herself afterwards!

well time violation can happen if your music is almost on the max and if you do not finish on time. so it means nothing that it did not happen bevor.
i am pretty sure the referee and time keeper is very accurate on this

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've been impressed with Viktoria Helgesson since last year. I think she's underscored a lot.

Swedish skaters are generally underscored. :scowl: It's fantastic that Viktoria has a good chance to land on the podium here. FS fans in Sweden have been waiting a long time for a major international medal, and she just might be the one to do it. (Does anyone know when was the last time a Swede has finished in the top 3 at Euros or Worlds?)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I didn't see all of them. Actually, the ones I saw were quite good(didn't see Kostner, Leonova, Makarova, Meite ...) I am so happy for Viktoria :yay: In my eyes she did pretty much the same as Meier. Oh well, just four points behind, maybe a medal for Viktoria. Her goal was to be among the top 6.

Ira Vannut(BEL)and Juulia Turkkila(FIN) had great skates and look very promising for the future :clap:

Swedish skaters are generally underscored. :scowl: It's fantastic that Viktoria has a good chance to land on the podium here. FS fans in Sweden have been waiting a long time for a major international medal, and she just might be the one to do it. (Does anyone know when was the last time a Swede has finished in the top 3 at Euros or Worlds?)

Must have been some time before the second world war :think:

Article from Swedish TV answers the question regarding swedish womens figure skating; Vivi Hultén bronze 1932, Europeans in Paris.

Viktoria says in the article; I hope I'll do a clean LP tomorrow, I don't want to say more (about medaling).
But the LP has been my strong one for this season, so it feels very good.

ETA Oh, I forgot to say that I loved Kiiras preformance. I am not a fan of Makarovas skating, but I won't say anything until I have seen what she did today :)

Last edited:

Orion

Rinkside

It's been 79 years since we got a bronze medal in the ladies' event, so it is definitely time for us to get another medal! :)

I can hardly believe a Swedish skater is in 4th place after the short - it's a great accomplishment even if it does not result in a medal this time because it shows the potential is there.

I think Swedish skaters are underscored a lot because judges (maybe subconsciously) aren't used to top skaters from our country and thus mark them down a bit - hopefully this is changing as we speak!

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
My thoughts:

Kiira - She skated beautifully and I'm happy she's in 1st place.

Ksenia - Great clean performance. Definitely deserves to be in 2nd.

Sarah - :yay: I'm so happy she skated a clean SP and that she's in medal contention!

Carolina - Despite the mistakes, it was a gorgeous performance. She looked a bit nervous.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
After I seen Kostner and Leonova have disappointing performances I thought the stage was set for a load more dissapointing performances but after that the girls really buckled down. Korpi and Makarova were superb and deserve to be over 60. Delighted for Meier on home soil to perform so well, hopefully she can hang on to her podium spot. Enjoyed the performances from Helgesson, Hecken, Lafeunte, Maxwell. Kostner is very lucky to be in the final flight, I am a fan I don't think she deserves to be that high, she still has a chance of a medal. Hopefully Leonova can throw down a performance like she did at Russian Nationals.

It was nice to see someone Irish in the short but when you don't have the triple jumps it is going to be very difficult to qualify.