Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I wish I could see these programs, and not just the few that they decide to show on TV.

I would buy a Season Pass, but at this point in my life it's not financially worth it. Even when I'm not busy doing work (since I pretty much live in the Chemistry building), the internet on campus is not very conducive to live streams unless it's a weekend where not many people are on campus.

Besides that, though, I'm looking forward to watching the free skate this weekend. I'm trying to get my (non-skating fan and casual skating fan) friends to come watch with me.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yeah, I can't find any either. Surprised. Usually someone has posted a few by now.

Since there's so few options to actually watch it, those streams (IN and Universal Sports are the only two, I believe) may be keeping a close eye on anything posted so even if it's spotted, may not last long.

sk8indel

On the Ice
Sorry, I posted my play by plays in the ladies get excited thread. I didn't realize this one existed haha.

Ah! My first post on Golden Skate Forums.

:rock: Thanks for joining us! Post often, post long!

First, let me say that I am a huge Caroline Zhang fan. Been watching her since she was 13 (and I was 14).

Me, too. (Except for the i was 14 part. :) ) The year that she was beating everyone on the junior Grand Prix circuit by 40 points was an astonishing tour de force.

While I'm on the subject of Yu-Na Kim, I think I should point out that no US lady has ever finished ahead of her! Ever! That is the most jaw-dropping statistic, but it's true. Yu-Na Kim is the US Ladies' nemesis of nemesises. US ladies have beaten Mao Asada, but never Yu-Na Kim.

I think lots oif skaters in the world can say that they have never beaten Yu-na Kim. :)

Did Kimmie Meissner ever beat her in juniors?

Alissa Czisny. There should be a book writen about her entitled Dr. Alissa and Ms. Cziny. When she's Dr. Alissa, she can be the best in the world. When she's Ms. Czisny, she can be the US's 10th best skater. Which Alissa will show up tommorrow night. That is the quintillion dollar question.[/quote]

I don't think any of the three leading ladies will skate sqeaky-eaky-eaky clean tomorrow. Whoever makes the fewest mistake will win. This particular set of judges has shown that they like Rachael just fine. Mirai has the edge in spunk and personality.

But yeah. Go Dr. Alissa!

Since the top three (top four, realy) did so well in the short proigram, NBC will probably show them in their coverage tomorrow and Chack some of LPs in the lower group.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I finally found Rachael's SP posted over at FSU, but the huge downside was that she shared the screen with Michelle Kwan. :D Seriously, it's not the same thing, everything was Michelle Kwan, including commentary & music, whereas Rachael's SP was like an afterthought. The music was off, etc. Doesn't even compare to last night's tour de force! Therefore, I'm still looking for her SP in its entirety. :)

But since it's the only one I have found thus far, what I did to minimize the effect was to tape over half of my screen, so I only saw Rach. :)^) That helped, especially at the very end when you can barely hear Rachael's music hit the crescendo as she raises her arm heavenward, leans back, looks up to the sky, and makes a triumphant fist! :love: OMG, that's what I remember so well, everything conveyed in that one moment ~ JOY, JOY, JOY! My first thought when I watched it last night was Michael Jackson and his love of sunflowers, as that is exactly what Rachael looked like, especially during that particular moment, her body being the flower, her arm the stem, and her face the sunshine!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :party: :party2:

p.s. on second viewing BOTH her jumps were BIG! The 3F & the 3L, as well as her 2A, but that's always been. Training with Agnes Zawadzki must've rubbed off on her. They're pushing each other. :)^D

seniorita

Record Breaker
the split screen is kinda tricky, the music is from Michelle ś cut, and not to look at Michelle I had to cover the screen with my hand. Rachel looks good, much better than i expected, well well, the power of music.. :)
even the dress looks elegant!

ae9177

On the Ice
WooHoo, congrats to the top 3, they're my fav 3 of the current US ladies. Love Rachael's EoE, it's definitely her best SP yet. Go girls!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yey! Icenetwork has the video of the ladies SP guys. Only just noticed, was busy watching the men's sp.

emma

Record Breaker
just watched Alissa as I missed the first two groups yesterday. Wow, really, really lovely. It is beyond wonderful to watch her have such a great season. Here's wishing her the very, very best tomorrow!

I'm too tired to watch more now; but hopefully, they will show Mirai on tv tomorrow! Can't wait!

PS - that split screen of EoE was too hard for me to watch. I'll just savor the memory from last night!

jeff goldblum

On the Ice
Just did a little catching up on nationals viewing. Mostly interested in the top three.

I am not a huge fan of Rachel's, but I think she should have at least been second here. I agree with some about some of her moves getting a bit frantic towards the end. She has talked a lot about wanting the judges to remember how much she really loves skating and what fun it is for her. There were moments where it looked like she was trying to show everyone how much she loves skating, rather than actually just going out and loving skating. I guess maybe it was a bit faked, or overdone. But she seemed a bit faster than normal and the jumps seem a bit higher and pretty smooth.

And for all that everyone was saying about how fast Mirai was, I think she's been a lot faster in the past. I think she can score so much higher with this program. The interpretation and her involvement with the choreography has really grown since the beginning of the season. She also doesn't seem to be cranking the spins like she was last year. Fears of more bloody noses maybe? Maybe she's still catching up on lost training time. If she makes it to Worlds, it'd be great to see her skating - and especially spinning - even faster, and incorporating a triple-triple. I think she could get even closer to her scores last year, even without the spiral sequence.

Alissa is beautiful, but she always seems too reserved. I understand her music is quite soft, but I just feel there's not enough tension in her skating. For whatever reason this always comes across strongest in her footwork sequences. I think that's her weakest element by far, and it just always looks to me like she has no connection to her music in that moment. Jumps were eked out for sure, but that's fine for her. It looks like she's ready to stay on her feet through the long program.

I think this is going to be quite the battle between the top three, but I wonder if the judges, and US Figure Skating has a duo they'd really like to send and if they might fudge a bit to make it so. I think this happened more during the days of the 6.0 system, but we need those three spots back. At this point it seems like any combination of two of these three skaters have an equal shot of earning that third spot back for us.

Does anyone know how the practices went today?

Puchi

On the Ice
The quality of the video is not so good, but the skating was top notch. I love Mirai!

Layfan

Record Breaker
I just watched the top three again on icenetwork and I've tweaked my mind about a few things.

Alissa was my favorite of the night by far. No quibbling with the placements but it's just my preference. I know some feel her skating is too quiet and that's fine but I love it. I feel like her SP was the most beautiful, the most intricate and the most different. And having watched it again without my heart in my throat, I didn't think she looked as cautious as I thought at first. I don't know why her PCS were lower than Mirai's or Rachael's. Not that Mirai or Rachael didn't deserve their PCS - they both performed the hell out of their programs - but Alissa is just so absolutely exquisite. Whatever - they're all three basically tied on PCS so it's fine.

Mirai is just sensational when she is on like this. The speed, the spins, the flow out of her jumps, it's all stunning. She deserved to be first for sure. The reason I liked Alissa better boils down to their programs. Mirai's program is nice and has a lot of pretty moments. But you know what? I just don't love that gimmicky pedal thing she does in the middle. Still, Mirai was basically awesome.

All three ladies got standing ovations but Rachael seemed to be the only one who got a lot of the audience on their feet before she stopped skating. Well, I thought it was well-deserved because she skated with such joy and abandon. I may prefer Allissa's more subtle and refined program but Rachael gave the most rousing performance of the night and I'm glad she got high performance marks. I do agree a little that the footwork didn't have much to do with the music but she performed with such passion that it made you forget about it. Somehow her arm movements looked right with the music even if the feet didn't quite.