Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Holy Cow, Rachael got the highest PCS of the night!

That puts her in a great position for the FS. Alissa and Mirai beat on her TES but Rachael has a a strong jump layout in the FS.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm still coming down from my high, tears & all, mascara running. :laugh: But at least I'm able to type now. Didn't trust myself before b/c I got the shakes from tooo much emotion, seriously, couldn't even type before Rachael skated, not during, and then barely afterwards. :D

Okay, first off, IN needs to do something about their coverage, all evening it was a bit jerky, some times more than other times, but the last group I got a couple of black screens, lots of freezes, and weird whatnot. :confused: BUT not during Rachael's performance. The first chord honestly brought a tear to my eye, then I had to collect myself to watch Rachael land her opening 3F/2T perfectly, then she surprised me with a BIG 3L! :thumbsup: After that I kinda lost it, had to collect myself b/c I started to worry just a bit about what happened at the GPF. :eek: Finally that was over and I could really get lost into the performance and start bawling, lol, especially Rachael's A-W-E-S-O-M-E spread eagle, likewise Ina Bauer into 2A! And then the fw where she cut loose, really cut loose with joy & abandon times 1,000!!!!! :love:

Lol, at first I too thought it a bit frantic, but that's the way I felt as well, so might as well let loose and have everybody see how she felt inside! (;^)

Now I can't wait to watch the replays on IN (also want to watch Pairs, which I missed this afternoon).

What a SPLENDID night of skating, new faces, HUGE jumps by 2 newcomers ala Christina Gao & Agnes Zawadzki, veteran Alissa Czisny skated perfectly and set the bar H-I-G-H! Then bam, bam, bam, everybody else started flowing. Only downside was Ashley Wagner; felt so sorry for her. :(

Ooops, one other thing, I looooved the girl that skated to "Claire de Lune". She really felt that music, it showed, brought me to tears as well. Can't wait to see her again. :)^)

Layfan

Record Breaker
It looks like one of the Rachael's spins is level 1. She would be higher otherwise - she got the highest PCS of the night if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, that is where Alissa and Mirai are beating her in TES - spins.

emma

Record Breaker
It looks like one of the Rachael's spins is level 1. She would be higher otherwise - she got the highest PCS of the night if I'm not mistaken.

and, if she had done a 3x3 (which I thought I read she had been training for the short) this too would up her score. She has tons of room in this program for growth; I really hope she has a chance this year -- or even next!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Interesting..
TES final group
Zawadzki — 34.12
Gao — 33.10
Nagasu — 32.94
Czisny — 32.81
Lam — 31.73
Flatt- 31.55

PCS
Flatt — 30.77
Nagasu — 30.41
Czisny — 29.69
Zawadzki — 27.42
Wagner — 27.36 (7th)
Lam — 25.88
Gao -25.33

FlattFan

Match Penalty
pre-SP, people've already predicted Vanessa Lam would make top 6. I thought she should place above Gao who looks wooden and boring. Oh well, her PCS should move up. She's the best US junior girl at the moment. Too bad she didn't get two assignments to the junior grand prix this season.

MKFSfan

Medalist
I CANNOT believe Rachael scored the highest PCS!!! She beat both Alissa and Mirai in every category, including performance and choreography! I never thought that could happen, now I gotta see these skates!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also listening to the skating order...

Alissa, Mirai and Rachel are 21, 22, and 23. The final three skaters of the night!

emma

Record Breaker
awesome post, Nadine.....I felt the same way (and was seriously shocked by the feelings!). Great job! I seriously can't wait to watch the ones I missed....but what I saw (despite the weird feed) was awesome.

emma

Record Breaker
Also listening to the skating order...

Alissa, Mirai and Rachel are 21, 22, and 23. The final three skaters of the night!

what do you think - good position for Alissa? Rachel can handel it a bet, but if Mirai throws down the gauntlet (and if Alissa before her skates well) this will be quite a challenge.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Interesting..
TES final group
Zawadzki — 34.12
Gao — 33.10
Nagasu — 32.94
Czisny — 32.81
Lam — 31.73
Flatt- 31.55

PCS
Flatt — 30.77
Nagasu — 30.41
Czisny — 29.69
Zawadzki — 27.42
Wagner — 27.36 (7th)
Lam — 25.88
Gao -25.33

How unexpected. Flatt gets the highest PCS of the night among the top 7 and the lowest tech. Did she really deserve lower tech than Lam? Her jumps were way bigger. I guess it's that level 1 spin. But I liked her spins better than ever. DARN the COP, always making skaters get into wretched spin positions to gain points.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
what do you think - good position for Alissa? Rachel can handel it a bet, but if Mirai throws down the gauntlet (and if Alissa before her skates well) this will be quite a challenge.

I think it will be a great battle!
I think Rachel will rise to the pressure though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mirai is goofy as ever...playing with the mic at the press conference.

oleada

Record Breaker
I thought Alissa & Mirai were scored too low on PCS compared to Flatt.

I think Rachael's SP suits her better than the old one, but for me, it's the same boring Rachael. Her footwork was very spastic and distracting and speed/basics aren't any better. She doesn't have the same flow as Alissa & Mirai, which is why I think her PCS should be lower.

I really enjoyed Vanessa Lam - but I'm not holding my breath on her jumps surviving puberty.

The edge calls in this competition just make you scratch your head. No edge calls for Gao, Wagner and Lam, but edge calls for their flips for Alissa & Mirai.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Alissa: "My program wasn't spectacular but it was good." Are you kidding?! Well she's being modest, I guess.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I think it will be a great battle!
I think Rachel will rise to the pressure though.

Yeah Rachael will. She's got one of the toughest jump layouts with 7 triples. Will she do a 3-3 anyone know?

What Alissa has going for her is that she has a beatiful, absolutely amazing FS. She just needs to skate it well and really perform it and her PCS just might get her into the top 2. And of course her spins.

What Mirai has going for her is that she's the best all-around skater of the bunch. It seems she got neither the highest PCS or the highest TES tonight but still the highest scores.

Good luck to all three.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Alissa: "My program wasn't spectacular but it was good." Are you kidding?! Well she's being modest, I guess.

She's done it better. I don't know I thought Alissa looked too serious through out. But who cares? She needed to concentrate and get the job done.

She should have said "My program wasn't spectacular but it was very very good" :)

lavender

Record Breaker
Here, click on the pluses next to the score to open each skater's protocol: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2011/68096/CAT001SEG001.html

Thanks museksk8r!

I thought Alissa & Mirai were scored too low on PCS compared to Flatt.

I think Rachael's SP suits her better than the old one, but for me, it's the same boring Rachael. Her footwork was very spastic and distracting and speed/basics aren't any better. She doesn't have the same flow as Alissa & Mirai, which is why I think her PCS should be lower.

I really enjoyed Vanessa Lam - but I'm not holding my breath on her jumps surviving puberty.

The edge calls in this competition just make you scratch your head. No edge calls for Gao, Wagner and Lam, but edge calls for their flips for Alissa & Mirai.

I agree..

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Interesting "At the beginning of the season, I had a lot of injuries and I had a lot of frustration about my career in general." -- Rachael about why she had lost some passion for skating at the beginning of the season.