Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Lissy

Medalist
I liked Rachael's dress but the color was not good. I love yellow and I loved the yellow on the skirt but if only the top half had been paler, it would have been gorgeous. Oh and Rachael NEEDS to pin at least some of her hair back. It is so distracting to have so much of it flailing everywhere.

Mirai was actually kind of boring. She's easily my favorite and she did skate lovely but I think she had more energy earlier in the season.

I missed Danielle Kahle! She deserved a MUCH higher score. Remember when she got 6th place in 2007? Good times.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, before I went on an obsessive ride of watching Ryan Bradley's program for the last hour, I had earlier watched Rachael Flatt's exquisite SP for an equal amount of time. :D Can you tell they're my favorites. :biggrin:

Anyhow, I finally wore myself out, and that's when I recalled Kristine Musademba's teary-eyed performance, so alas I just got through watching her "Claire de Lune" again. I absolutely "love" her running 3-turns into 3R, then as she dancing on her toepicks like a fairy, and the way she uses her left leg all the time by itself, running into the spins on the strength of that one leg, and again when she does one-foot fw on that one leg ~ ahhhh, exquisite, exquisite ~ like an other worldly creature come to life! :love:

just watched Alissa as I missed the first two groups yesterday. Wow, really, really lovely. It is beyond wonderful to watch her have such a great season. Here's wishing her the very, very best tomorrow!

I'm too tired to watch more now; but hopefully, they will show Mirai on tv tomorrow! Can't wait!

PS - that split screen of EoE was too hard for me to watch. I'll just savor the memory from last night!

I've watched that grainy YouTube video of Alissa. No wonder this woman keeps getting high marks despite her weak jumps. How many times in our lifetime have we seen spins of that gorgeous textbook quality? She gains speed as she spins. It's pure magic. And of course that spiral...I hope she wins everything in sight this year. (Translation: if she wins Nationals, I hope hope hope with all fingers crossed that she doesn't implode at Worlds!)

fairly4

Medalist
Agnes was overkmarked, her single triple was ur a bit, as well as her double axel. her combo spin a bit slow, her presentation wasn't that good. why a 27. shouldn't have gotten any higher than during gp events which was a 22-23.
she wasn't any faster than GAO

emma

Record Breaker
I liked Rachael's dress but the color was not good. I love yellow and I loved the yellow on the skirt but if only the top half had been paler, it would have been gorgeous. Oh and Rachael NEEDS to pin at least some of her hair back. It is so distracting to have so much of it flailing everywhere.

Mirai was actually kind of boring. She's easily my favorite and she did skate lovely but I think she had more energy earlier in the season.

I missed Danielle Kahle! She deserved a MUCH higher score. Remember when she got 6th place in 2007? Good times.

I missed Kahle too! I have to agree (and hate to nit-pick on costumes), but I really liked the style of Rachel's dress and the bead/sparkly work. But it was just too canary yellow for my tastes; I kept trying to envision which pastel shade at the top with a darker shade under the skirt would look good. I think your suggestion is a great one.

Anyhow, I finally wore myself out, and that's when I recalled Kristine Musademba's teary-eyed performance, so alas I just got through watching her "Claire de Lune" again. I absolutely "love" her running 3-turns into 3R, then as she dancing on her toepicks like a fairy, and the way she uses her left leg all the time by itself, running into the spins on the strength of that one leg, and again when she does one-foot fw on that one leg ~ ahhhh, exquisite, exquisite ~ like an other worldly creature come to life!

Nadine - I couldn't agree more!:thumbsup:

Kahle's performance was a long time coming. It was very special. However, her prevous comps left her "Reputaton" as a looser, and that, imo, was part of the scoring.

Best Musadember ever, but she hasn't yet reached the top tier.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ladies SPs being broadcast on NBC now. Along with plenty of the usual fluff. (And no, not the marshmallow kind.)

lavender

Record Breaker
Awwww Alissa is so sweet. I didn't realize the level of hurt she was going through after last year.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
She may not be my absolute favorite skater (I actually don't really even have an absolute favorite), but wow Alissa's skating is so ethereal and beautiful. Congratulations to her for such a great season so far! She deserves it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The Truth Booth makes a reappearance.

Alissa mock-interviewing herself with a teddy bear and a bottle of drink. So adorable.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Universal Sports is showing the key performances from the ladies short. Watching now. Alyssa already skated, Christina Gao is on now.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, the Alissa fluff got me teared up again, 3rd time today after Sarah Meier's and Y/C's emotional skates. Alissa said she was "heartbroken" after Nationals and Yuka Sato said after Nationals, Czisny was so down that she didn't know what to say to her. Jason Dungjen stressed that so much of this sport takes place before the skater steps on the ice in the space between their 2 ears and that what Alissa was missing the most was confidence and belief in herself. It was really cute to see her interview with the teddy bear. She seems so relaxed now, like a totally different person. I wish her all the best tonight! :love:

emma

Record Breaker
^ i just went to get a box of tissues. I'm crying all over the place! It was so cool to see a shot of Alissa's practices - she skates faster and jumps strong - or so it seemed - in that practice clip.

First time all season that I'm seeing Gao (yes, I have missed a lot). She looks so grown up. I really like her skating; hope she can fix that 2 axel and shine.

lavender

Record Breaker
I wonder have much taller and such will Agnes get. I can't believe she's only 16 or 17.

Last edited:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Great performance by Agnes! Footwork could have been a little faster but her jumps were right on:)