Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Afterwards, Ryan said to Tom Z, "One year too late, eh?" He said it with a smile. Bittersweet.

Ryan's sister was there, as it was said she would be before the competition. I thought Tom Z wasn't supposed to be there at all?

I'm still on a high from Ryan Bradley, but Christopher Caluza was great !

indeed. How amazing that he could come back though and have this beautiful moment.

I'm a huge Abbot fan, but totally don't need him to win....I NEED him to make the world team. So if Bradley can have his Galindo moment and Abbot can make the team, i'd been in heaven.

ETA: wodnerlenn...I'm with you 100%

I kinda feel the same way. I expected the team to be Adam and Jeremy. Now that Adam is out of the picture and after that spectacular SP, the title is Ryan's to lose pretty much. Abbott has won twice before. Now its Ryan's turn.

jaylee

Medalist
No, Tom Z said it to Ryan. But there was smiles all around, so I guess it wasnt intended to be snarky

Eh? Well, I was totally on a high after Ryan's skate, so I could've misheard, but I thought Ryan said it. I didn't notice Tom Z saying anything. I apologize in advance if I misquoted it. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Joshua Farris fell on the 3A, but came through with the rest of the jumps (had a brain fart, lol, still thinking about Ryan's program). :)

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
Eh? Well, I was totally on a high after Ryan's skate, so I could've misheard, but I thought Ryan said it. I didn't notice Tom Z saying anything. I apologize in advance if I misquoted it. :)

I was crying tears of joy, but I, too, thought it was Ryan that said it.

emma

Record Breaker
I kind of missed these first two in the 4th group. IN now is giving me grief. I think Farris opened to El Dron with a 3 axel but fell; then did a nice 3 lutz 3 toe. then my screen froze. Saw some well centered spins. and some nice footwork. But, I think he needs more experience to convey power in his skating and connection to the music. I liked his arms and posture. 60.91 in 10th. Not bad at all for first seniors. Good job!

Nadine

Record Breaker
It's really hard for me to watch anybody else, the competition was over imho after Ryan Bradley skated, but am looking forward to Armin. :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
It's really hard for me to watch anybody else, the competition was over imho after Ryan Bradley skated, but am looking forward to Armin. :)

Yeah we can't forget about Armin and Dornbush but I know what you mean.

emma

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but IN is failing me. I caught the middle of Jason Wong. Skating to Sweet Remembrance of You. Has a lovely quality. I caught the spread eagle into a huge russian split jump into a nice 3 loop into a Sandhu style spin. Then nothing, frozen screen. I don't know this skater, but again, that little portion had a lovely quality to it. He's tall, but has nice flow and edges and posture and a sweetness.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Ryan himself said in an earlier interview that missing the Olympics still hurts, so it's obviously still in the back of his mind.

I hope a National win could compensate that. If Ryan finally becomes a National Champion, he could happily retire and be on SOI. Right now, he doesn't have any title to be in SOI.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice performance by Richard! :thumbsup: Nice 3L/3T, 3A, hydroplane turn into 3F (stumble out of it). And gorgeous Russian Split Jump.

Good job, Rich, good job! :thumbsup: :cool: Should move him up!

emma

Record Breaker
Dornbush skated well; nice speed and attack. Good skating to the beat of the music (Elena). did 3 ltz 3 toe (tight on the second jump). did a 3 axel with step out i think or forward on landing. 3 flip with step out. hydroblade into that. footwork with half the length on one foot. nice spins.