Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
THRILLED for Ryan!!!!!!! :) Hopes he holds out for tomorrow. I'm totally rooting for him.

So sad for Adam :( Hoping tomorrow's a better day for him.

Overall, a good showing IMO.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Ryan. I'd so love to see him with the gold medal. It sounds like the men put out some great short programs tonight. I'm hoping Jason Brown skates well in the long. He shows so much promise. Thank you to those of you giving results. Great job!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Very nice tweet from Jeremy:
Congrats to @RyanSBradley Never fun to be beaten, but should it happen it should happen the way that Ryan just threw it down!

More weirder tweet from Johnny Weir:
I can't believe the boys are competing right now for a US title and I'm on my couch in my underpants.First time since 1998. Not loving it.

jaylee

Medalist

Wow, I just love Jeremy more for that!

I've really had a soft spot for Ryan Bradley ever since his complete euphoria and delight at his awesome FS at 2007 US Nationals winning silver. I hope he and Jeremy both kick butt tomorrow!

Puchi

On the Ice
Abbott is my absolute favorite... but I'd be so happy to see Ryan taking the gold and Jeremy the silver...

Layfan

Record Breaker

Jeremy gracious as usual.

Johnny tweeting just in time to make it all about him. Still, I laughed. And it really must feel weird for him.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Will Ryan go for 2 quads in LP? He should. And Jeremy goes for 1 quad. Should be a great showdown. Can't wait!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Will Ryan go for 2 quads in LP? He should. And Jeremy goes for 1 quad. Should be a great showdown. Can't wait!

He has said he will go for 2 quads. I agree he absolutely should. I so want it for Ryan. But I really want Jeremy to do well, too. Argh, it's like Alissa and Mirai for the ladies.

As long as Ryan and Jeremy skate well and finish in top 2. Well, at least make the team!

Go Ryan and Jeremy!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great show tonight.

ae9177

On the Ice
I'm thrilled for Ryan too! Finally he got HIS shining moment! Keep the momentum going Ryan!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looking at protocols:
Ryan Bradley's combo was worth a whopping 14.97 points.
Jeremy actually scored +GOE on all his elements, but he got a level 2 on both his spins and his step sequence, so he lost a bunch of points there.
Brandon just about broke even with GOE, but he had the quad. That helped.
Too bad about Armin. He actually had +GOE on all his elements except the Lutz, which was downgraded. He had nice PCS (5th)
Rippon's PCS helped also. He was 4th there. But still very, very said for him.
Razzano would have done even better if it wasn't for that crazy PCS. He had the 2nd highest TES, but ranked 14th in PCS? What gives?!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley: "Everything was OK today, nothing to get excited about...Just kidding!"

Layfan

Record Breaker
Hee! Ryan deadpanned at the newser "Everything went okay today. Nothing to get excited about."

Aw! Jeremy just said "So proud of Ryan." Man, what a great guy.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Looking at protocols:
Ryan Bradley's combo was worth a whopping 14.97 points.
Jeremy actually scored +GOE on all his elements, but he got a level 2 on both his spins and his step sequence, so he lost a bunch of points there.
Brandon just about broke even with GOE, but he had the quad. That helped.
Too bad about Armin. He actually had +GOE on all his elements except the Lutz, which was downgraded. He had nice PCS (5th)
Rippon's PCS helped also. He was 4th there. But still very, very said for him.
Razzano would have done even better if it wasn't for that crazy PCS. He had the 2nd highest TES, but ranked 14th in PCS? What gives?!

I wonder why Jeremy is only getting level 2 for his footwork? Anyone shed any light on that? That's a bit disappointing. I though footwork was supposed to be his strong suit. Jeremy's spins are fine but I always wish they were better. Not his greatest strength.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
As long as Ryan and Jeremy skate well and finish in top 2. Well, at least make the team!

Go Ryan and Jeremy!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great show tonight.

US men has 3 spots. So Jeremy should be on the team. The question is who is the third one?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm very proud of Ryan tonight! :clap:It would be so cool if he won the national title! :rock: It would also be a blessing in disguise for Jeremy since every American men's champion since 2001 has failed to medal at Worlds in the same year. (Shocking, but true. :eek:hwell:)