Did you miss me? | Golden Skate

Did you miss me?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Have been in the hospital and also went to Fort Worth. I am exhausted!:eek:

skatepixie

On the Ice
I was wondering where you were. I havent been on too much myself, though...

I hope you're feeling better.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Hey GrGranny, I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I haven't seen you around in a while. I hope everything is okay with you...it is time for you to come back! January is fast approaching!

heyang

Record Breaker
Is everything ok now? Were you able to enjoy Thanksgiving?

I've been pretty busy too and haven't been on that much.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I was wondering where in the heck you were............I hope everything's okay..........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny:

Good to have you back! You can keep us on our "spelling toes." I hope you are feeling okay.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
GrGranny glad to see you are back. Why were you in the hospital? I hope nothing too serious.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thanks for asking, etc.
My brother in law in Nebr. died and when we went to the funeral I started having chest pains. Turned out it is just my heart is racing and medication will take care of it. My Dr. had changed some medication previously and have had a really hard time with pain from fibromyalgia. It got bad enough 2 hydrocodone wouldn't touch it. It is better now. Didn't have much pain yesterday and today. I am better but still tired. Of course, at my age, I'm always tired. :laugh:
Do appreciate all the concern.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Forgot to add. Did have a good Thanksgiving. About 8 of us ate our dinner at Mimi's in Fort Worth. We had been traveling all day. Different.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Glad to hear you're doing better, grgranny. I feel for you -- I am just getting over (at least I HOPE I AM) the cold-that-never-ends. I've got a crappy immune system and singing the Berliotz Te Deum earlier this month became a physical strain that was enough to start my downward spiral.

Altos should never have to sing that high! I think the composer had some personal issues with altos, since we spent alot of time standing around doing nothing while the sopranos and men sang. Then, when he did give us something to do, we had to imitate sopranos. And, of course, we all had to travel to the orchestra for rehersals and the concert. Once the adrenaline rush wore off, I suspect most of us had raspy throats. (This is a Cecil B. Demille, cast of 1000's type piece. Mostly full out loud). In fact, I am surprised more people didn't end up sick after hearing how other people had to rearrange their schedules and run around like crazy that week.

Several weeks, several boxes of puffs and gallons of juice later, I have decided nothing worse is coming and I might just live. Just in time for our Christmas concert! At least I won't need hospitalization. I always tell the medical types that I don't like them enough to stay there! Fortunately, I haven't had to for quite awhile.

Now that you're on new meds, maybe you can stay away from them too!

PS, have to ask about your daughter. We haven't heard much about her lately. Hope she's doing better too.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi Granny, sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Just the other day, I was typing something and I thought of you because I know I was misspelling a word and I thought I better look it up or Granny will be on me.

Granny, you take care and know that everyone on GS thinks about you. Also, glad to hear you were in my home state.

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thanks for asking, Jo. She is about the same. Recently rented an apartment in Ft. Worth. Seldom can walk without aid and on her worse days can't even use the walker. Has to crawl. She keeps getting kidney stones and infection. She has been there since March. :cry:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Dee, I was there for a funeral of my brother in law in Oakland. But I did get to go to Loup City and stay overnight with my sis and visit my bro. in Grand Island.