Senior Dance? | Golden Skate

Senior Dance?

emma

Record Breaker
Did any one get to watch the senior Short Dance?? Any impressions or reports?

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Did any one get to watch the senior Short Dance?? Any impressions or reports?

Results:

1. Meryl Davis/Charlie White 76.04

2. Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani 70.47

3. Madison Chock/Greg Zuerlein 61.74

4. Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt 58.59

5. Madison Hubbell/Keiffer Hubbell 57.91

6. Shannon Wingle/Timothy McKernan 55.07

7. Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello 54.43

8. Ginna Hoptman/Pavel Filchenkov 48.37

9. Meredith Zuber/Kyle Herring 44.42

10. Rachel Tibbetts/Collin Brubaker 41.86

11. Alissandra Aronow/Zachary Donohue 40.84

12. Kristen Nardozzi/Robert Cuthbertson 38.53

13. Alison Carey/Ryan Van Natten 34.35

14. Katherine Pilgrim/Alexander Lorello 32.79

15. Katharine Zeigler/Baxter Burbank 32.29

Sorry i couln't find the portocol yet, but this should give you some ideas.

It was an excellent competition.
Both the Shibs (10th) & C/Z (8th) skated on the 2nd group. The Shibs skated the best SD for this season. They were poised, clean, and received the first standing ovation of the competition. It was staggering in that they received level 4s on all the elements. Just to give you a perspective, their total score, 70.47 were approximately 2 points higher than the highest SD score D/W received during this season!

Of course D/W rose to the occasion and ended up with approx. 6 points higher than the Shibs. They also received the second standing ovasion of the afternoon.

The other couple I was looking forward to, and was impressed with, was K/G-S (the 4th place finish). They were very expressive and I loved their lift and choreo.

C/Z were ok but I did not expect 9 points difference between them and the Shibs. Should be the interesting FD.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks ^. I saw the scores and was screaming "I can't believe I missed this" (of course, i was at work). Anyway...can't wait to hear live reports (or live computer watching ones too). I haven't seen Lynn K/Logan...but I'll definitely look for them.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just to give you an interesting perspective, here are the comparative SD scores of the top 5 European championship that just completed and the US top 5 finishers:

Europeans:
1 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
FRA 66.91 34.13 32.78
2 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
RUS 65.46 34.07 31.39
3 Sinead KERR / John KERR
GBR 62.87 32.00 30.87
4 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV
RUS 60.93 31.79 29.14
5 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO
RUS 60.91 32.50 28.41;

US:
1. Meryl Davis/Charlie White 76.04

2. Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani 70.47

3. Madison Chock/Greg Zuerlein 61.74

4. Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt 58.59

5. Madison Hubbell/Keiffer Hubbell 57.91

I know you can't compare scores across different competitions. Still US teams come out pretty well, don't you think?

emma

Record Breaker
Yes...this is impressive. I really can't wait to watch the top 4-5 from the short dance. I actually haven't had the opportunity to watch the Shibs even once this season, so I really can't wait to see their SD from today. So glad to hear about the standing O too. I expected Davis and White to be fabulous, but it's great to hear they actually were.

thanks for the comparisons...and commentary.

gold12345

Medalist
I know you can't compare scores across different competitions. Still US teams come out pretty well, don't you think?

Nationals scores are always inflated. The performances were definitely good today, but these scores are nothing more than Nationals scores, and therefore not used in determining Seasons Bests and Personal Bests.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
You cant compare National scores. Anyone who thinks the Shibutanis would outscore Pechalat & Bourzat at Worlds for example is on crack.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes...this is impressive. I really can't wait to watch the top 4-5 from the short dance. I actually haven't had the opportunity to watch the Shibs even once this season, so I really can't wait to see their SD from today. So glad to hear about the standing O too. I expected Davis and White to be fabulous, but it's great to hear they actually were.

thanks for the comparisons...and commentary.

Sure thing!

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
gold 12345 & pantongfan:

Yes, yes, yes, I know that. That's why I mentioned "you can't compare..."
Still, I watched both competitions, and my impression is that US teams are in good shape. It makes me really happy, especially the Shibs' performance. They were spectacular!

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm glad Lynn and Logan did so well, love them this season. Having them at Worlds or 4CC would be awesome!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:) I'm really looking forward to seeing this tomorrow . Apart from D/W ( love 'em ), the Shibs have been the standout this season ,for me , on the US scene. I think they're equally buzz-worthy with I/K on the Russian scene and P/I on the Canadian scene. ( Which is not to shortchange the teams just below them, at all. It's just that sometimes, you get to witness a sort of blossoming that just makes you sit back and go WOW .)

missysays

On the Ice
Davis and White had a lovely outing of their SD today. Their maturity was wonderful to see- just a little tiniest bit of wonkiness in the spacing of their twizzles and Meryl was ever so slightly off balance for a moment in the second set. But gorgeous expansive and light.

The big thumbs up goes to the Shibutanis!!! Wow!!! Once they reach their prime they are going to be hard to beat. They have a clarity and control to their movement that's incredible. But they don't become robotic- there's subtle nuance and also passion and fire underneath it too. I love how they've made minor adjustments to the presentation and choreography to give this SD more of a point of view and more of a direct interpretation of the Carousel musical characters. Alex was really playing the part of a carnival barker. This SD was very pretty-pretty at the beginning of the season but with the changes it's become this real character piece with drive and force. Just beautiful.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Meryl and Charlie's SD just finished on NBC. Beautiful, beautiful.

For a second there, I thought they had suddenly skipped all the FD's. Haha.

emma

Record Breaker
yes, glad I got to watch their SD. Wish they showed more, though! Love Meryl's red dress. ok....gonna start now.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Question did Mariana and Igor even go to Euros this year? I noticed that the both of them are at US nationals, that is why I asked

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I have to run to the Student Center at my college to get some cash since friends are coming over to order takeout at 6. Thank god for my VCR.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great skate from Madison and Greg. I hope they score well and I would love to see them make the World team.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I LOVE Madison and Greg's FD! Their expression is right with the character of this music. I love it, very quirky, and the makeup and costuming works great with their Cabaret theme! GREAT JOB! :love: