Which Pair? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which Pair?

J

Joesitz

Re: Which Pair?

What do you like better: apples or oranges?

Joe

J

Joesitz

Re: Who do you like better...

Hey Liminoya - Good answer. I would have accepted either.

B&S were certainly the balletic style which the Russians specialize in and I grant you they do that well.

S&P, for me, were more refreshing. Out of that schtick of 19th century ballet, and giving a more romantic up-to-date look at Pairs (and life).

IMO, there really is no answer to the topic question. It's all a personal taste.

Joe

B

BronzeisGolden02

S&P

I would say 90% of the time you could guess my favorite skater, I always love the sensitive artists! Michelle, Alexei, Paul and G&G, all are among my favorites of all time. This, for me, is a very different type of question. I have always thought much of B&S, they are very lovely together, they have wonderful artistry. But, overall, I give my slight edge to S/P, especially after their stirring performances in 2001 and 2002. They don't mirror the classic, ageless style of the Russian tradition, but for me, are more the pairs team of today. They are technically powerful and exciting and blend that with moving displays of personal emotion. When they are on and skating great, you can tell it in the way they smile and move, the energy of the program, its pure joy.
This is a very tough decision to make, but I really enjoyed seeing a different type of pair take the spotlight for a while. As for SLC, well, I won't comment on that one! It should have been a close decision and was. That's all that needs to be said.

L

Lcp88

B/S or S/P

All in all, id have to say Elena and Anton. Jamie and David are good technicly, but Elena and anton have the artisrty, and in a sport where artisrty really is dominant (but becoming less so by the compition), they should win. Even if we could go back to the night of Feb 11, 2002, i would have still picked B/S.

Just my opinion
Laura

T

TimGoebelsGirl

I'm a Canadian, which may make me a little biased, but I definitely say Jamie & David. I love Elena & Anton, but Jamie and Dave are just so much more... fun... to watch. They really have different styles though, so it's kind of hard to pick one.

D

DORISPULASKI

Like everyone else, this is very, very hard. I love both pairs. B&S, when they are skating well, but I would say S&P won at SLC. B&S were miles ahead of S&P in the short, but only ordinals count. In the LP, B&S's program looked tentative, it wasn't just the one slip on the jumps, either. S&P in the long for the win.

I wish they were both still skating amateurs. I wish I&Z were skating amateurs. T&M, P&T, Z&S absolutely do not do it for me.

T

The Queen of Hughs

Definitely B&S. They are definitely in a different class, and unmatched! They are also Classy with a capital C! :D

By the way B&S are <strong>NOT PRO</strong>. They are planning on going to the 2006 Olympics.

G

geena123

I love B&S. I like S&P's style, but there is something about David that bothers me.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

I don't find them to be all that comparable... they have totally different styles... I love both pairs... but I did choose Jamie and David... just because I have watched them from practically teh beginning :)

S

SHINE2002

I'm a Canadian and I love B/S to pieces. To me, they are skating at a different level than any of the teams today. The only valid comparison would G/G and while I think G/G were so amazing I'd even give the slight nod to B/S--they have a unique rawness and freshness in addition to the traditional Russian artistry that makes them that much special. Such speed, such command, such abandon, such pure skating. "City Lights" at Euros 2001 is my all time favorite performance of theirs even with a fall on the 2axel by Elena.
To quote Dick Button: "This team is simply a dream to watch."

T

Tonya7

Ëåíî÷êà è Àíòîí- Âû ñàìàÿ ëó÷øàÿ ïàðà â ìèðå, âî Âñåëåííîé. Âû çàñëóæåííî ñòàëè Îëèìïèéñêèìè ×åìïèîíàìè.:D :D :D :D :D :D ÂÛ -íàøà ãîðäîñòü, ãîðäîñòü âñåé Ðîññèè. Ìû âàñ ëþáèì, è æäåì âàøåãî âîçâðàùåíèÿ â ëþáèòåëüñêèé ñïîðò. Âû ïðîñòî óäèâèòåëüíû íà ëüäó, íåïîâòîðèìû, ïðåêðàñíû è íåæíû. Íåò íèêîãî, êòî áû ñìîã ïðèáëèçèòüñÿ ê âàì. Âûøå òîëüêî çâåçäû, òàê ãîâîðÿò. Âû äàæå âûøå çâåçä. ß ËÞÁËÞ ÂÀÑ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ÂÛ- ñàìàÿ êðàñèâàÿ ïàðà â ìèðå. Ñ×ÀÑÒÜß è ÓÄÀ×È âàì.:D :D :D :D :D :D
;) ;) ;)