Ladies FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
And thank you Yuka and Jason - love them. Keep up the good work (Alissa included of course)!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I bow down to Yuka and Jason's coaching ability!! What they have done to get Alissa to achieve her potential is phenomenal.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some of Nagasu's jumps appear UR to me. Step out of 2Axel. She really tripped up on that sit spin.

herro

On the Ice
Mirai Nagasu - 1st after SP

Beautiful dress. Great speed.

3lutz/2toe (a little unstable on the lutz landing, swerving 2toe landing)
2axel/2toe (I think she was planning a 3toe)
3flip (nice one!)
beautiful layback (again, a more turned-out leg would make it exceptional) into bielmann
spiral: bielmann position
3lutz
3toe/2toe/2loop
spiral into 3loop (from 3 turns! wow)
ina bauer - gorgeous
2axel (tilted in air, step out)
flying sit spin - uh oh, she messed up and put a hand on the ice
combination spin (great I position at the end)

Not as musical as I've seen her skate before. Great program overall though. I still have a problem with her jump landing edges though... It's gotten a lot better but there's still that awkward swerving.

SP: 63.35
FS: 113.91
Total: 177.26 - Currently in 2nd

Last edited:
I think Mirai's spins looked a bit slow. Too bad...she's so strong.

But golly, Alissa! I thought I would expire from delight.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Mirai may not even make it to worlds with all those little mistakes that add up. But overall, she owned her nerves much better than she has in the past. And that new dress is cute as hell.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Someone threw a small stuffed lion at them and sorta hit Frank in the head - that glare made me crack up.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Some of Nagasu's jumps appear UR to me. Step out of 2Axel. She really tripped up on that sit spin.

I agree - at least one of her jumps looked visibly UR to me. I think for the most part it I'd call it a good skate for her, though. I was shocked with the sit spin.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, Mirai was doing so darn GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD until the end, po'ed the weak ending. I'd give it to Alissa, whom I'm not a fan of, but she deserves it. Now I'm just hoping that Alissa retires after winning Nationals & a World Medal this year. Just being honest is all. :)

emma

Record Breaker
frank looks more upset and unsettled than Mirai. Good skate. But she left the door open...little mistakes here and there...especially the penultimate spin.