Ladies FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

MKFSfan

Medalist
I'm not arguing if Mirai should've been silver. I just cannot believe Rachael received a 121 for 4 clean triples with so-so spins and slow skating! That is insane and inflation at it's best.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Flatt is obviously a HUGE favorite of U.S judges. With the same performance at Worlds she would be lucky to break 100. International judges dont like her even when she skates well but in the U.S they hold her up even when she doesnt. They are crazy. The USFSA deserves their streak of failure in womens to continue if they are so stupid to look to shaft skaters with actual talent and medal potential for pedestrian damanged goods.

Along with some threads and comments you've put up on this board, you're one of the most bitter posters out there. Please spare us the indignity of having to view your posts.

lavender

Record Breaker
I know the U.S. judges like Rachel but they don't necessarily adore Rachel internationally. I wonder if they think about that.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I wonder if Alissa will choose to go to 4CC if offered, or decline and focus on Worlds. In her shoes, I sure would do the latter.

gold12345

Medalist
I AM SO HAPPY FOR ALISSA CZISNY!!! Not only has it been a dream season for her, but it's so much better than what she went through last year. Amazing!

And yeah, I don't understand how Rachael got 121 pts for that effort. Then again, Alissa's score was a little high too.

burntBREAD

Medalist
I'll be totally honest here I WANT YUNA KIM TO KICK ALISSA CZISNY'S *** AT WORLDS!!!!!!!!

I don't like Alissa's skating, she herself is an obvious angel, but her skating sucks big time for me. SAFE skater.

God has given you your moment, now please leave, and that's exactly how I feel inside.

:love:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGNES & CHRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Umm...that's classy. Wishing ill on someone because they don't fit your expectations of doing 3-3s all the time. I prefer Alissa over any of those jumping beans any day. Also, Alissa already risked a lot by doing a 3-jump combination (when's the last time you've seen that from her) and two lutz combinations, as well as having no falls or even step outs (just a save on the loop).

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I am beyond thrilled for Alyssa!!! Such a beautiful performance!!

I really feel Mirai should have been second, despite her small errors. Rachel's skate was completely lackluster and I feel she was held up. So disappointed with the judging on that:(

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I absolutely adore what Yuka and Jason have done with Alissa. Such brilliance.

Rachael is just solid as a rock. I admire her consistency.

Mirai still has yet to "wow" me but I know she will soon.

It took the Olympics for Mirai's skating to appeal to me. I actually do like her skating overall a bit more than Rachael's (Rachael I liked for her jumps, consistency and strength in skating across the ice), but I think Mirai's too inconsistent. So I feel fine with Rachael doing well and getting the spots. As long no one has clearly done much better to me.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Alissa has done 3/3s in the past, she and many other top skaters stopped doing them when the UR calls ran out of control. And there's nothing safe about her spins. She spins at reckless speeds.

I do agree that she's not much of a jumper. So if that's the only thing you care about in figure skating, she's not going to be your favorite.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I'm so frustrated for Mirai. If she had downgrades than I guess Rachael edged her out fair and square. But it's just so frustrating.

It's taking away from my elation over Alissa. But I am delighted for Alissa. I can't wait to re-watch her performance. It's the only performance I will re-watch from this ladies championship.

I really hope Mirai takes heart and goes for it next year. Never give up!!

MKFSfan

Medalist
All in all, I'm sad no one had a "Kwan like moment" but Alissa's skate was very nice and mature and a great moment for her. She did receive some inflation as well-I can't imagine that skate would generate those kinds of scores internationally, but it was very good, better than GPF. I hope she has an even better skate at Worlds!!!

Nationals makes me miss Michelle even more. I miss that blow the roof off the building, skate of a lifetime that leaves me in tears. There have been some moments thus far, but none completely. Sigh. Off to watch some youtube.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
When Mirai and Flatt skate well, there's no doubt I'd rather Mirai. But since last year it seems she hasn't improved at all. Her lutz edge is still ambivalent. She lacks the champion's mettle to perform her best even in a winning position. She lacks stamina at times and if I recall correctly, this was the second time this season she has messed up a spin.

It's sad, but again, she's so young and has a world of potential in her. I'm sad she's not going to Worlds, but I hope Rachael and Alyssa bring home three spots next year.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I really wish the US could send three women. I like Alissa, Rachael and Mirai! I'm really happy for Alissa and Rachael though. Rachael really skated the SP to East of Eden quite well. I think it was harsh of Frank Carroll to tell Mirai in the kiss and cry: "you gave it away, I'm sorry" in such a grouchy voice. He could be a bit more positive, even though it kind of is true. It has to be bittersweet winning a bronze but not making the world team (well, probably not, unless the powers that be don't follow the results). It just shows how inconsistent the US ladies field really is, when the person who came 4th at the Olympics the year before may not make the world team. I'm a bit sad for Ashley Wagner, but what can you do? The US has so many good ladies - it's just that one is never consistently the BEST. Other bright lights were Joelle Forte, Christina Gao, and Agnes Zawadzki. I also enjoyed Yasmin Siraj, although she had mistakes.

emma

Record Breaker
wow. I almost feel like saying never mind. I mind seriously. Some many women did great tonight under such enormous pressure. And neither Mirai nor Rachel skated like we know they can. But, Alissa, Rachel and Mirai skated great as did so many other young women tonight. I do understand the anger over nationals inflation - but.....only to a point. I mean, Frank (one of the most experienced coaches in the world) knew Mirai gave it away. Now, sure, RAchel was left to skate and the 'away' was first in his mind. Did Rachel's tech match/beat Mirai's - I need to examine protocols first. But my gut reaction was, yes, close, but yes. Anyway, I don't even really care. What I do care about is three young women fought as hard as they could and while not perfect, all can and should be, along with others, very proud of what they did tonight. I know I feel luck just to have watched them.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
THANK YOU, Marrymeyunakim! Pangtongfan, that is INCREDIBLY RUDE. Mirai has potential, but this year she has not proven herself, and Rachael has worked hard and has been just as deserving. All 3 deserve to compete at worlds. It's a shame that we can't send all three, but let's just send positive thoughts to Alissa and Rachael. They CAN win us back three spots and CAN do us proud. We should all be thankful for the newfound depth of women's figure skatng in the US.

If Alissa skates like she did here and at GP Final, and Rachael skates her utmost and pretty clean, then yes I think they can win the USA 3 ladies berths for next year. Not much room for mistakes though.