Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST) | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

jan

On the Ice
If he was anywhere else in the world he would have been at least 8th in the free program and maybe 3rd or 4th overall.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Now that Ryan won the US national, he might be invited to do SOI? He really should replace Steven Cousin..

Cousins hasn't been in SOI for years... Bradley has a boost with the national title... here's hoping, anyway.

jettasian

Match Penalty
With a team of Bradley, Dornbush, and Miner, the U.S might not even salvage 2 spots for next year, forget any chance of keeping 3. That is why I am pretty sure Abbott will be place on the team over 1 of Dornbush or Miner.

LOL, voice of reason!

ae9177

On the Ice
OMG, it's such a crazy competition, might be the weakest in the past decade. But I'm sooooo happy for Ryan, on his 11th trip the the nationals, he finally got a title! He's such a charmer!

Richard and Ross were fantastic, I also like Armin and Keegan, the up and comers of USA are exciting to watch!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Ryan. Very happy for him. Dornbush and Miner were just terrific. Congrats to them both.

Sad for Jeremy not only did he lose the title he came in fourth, ouch.

gold12345

Medalist
This competition was pure insanity! The level of skating was initially so high there was no way they were going to keep up that pace. I'm so thrilled for Ryan for doing enough to hold onto the win! I feel for Jeremy... The pressure on him was obviously dramatically greater than it was for the others.

But, we are left with another case where following Nationals results to pick the World team isn't really a good idea. Does anyone trust Bradley/Dornbush/Miner to retain three spots? Yeah right. I think Jeremy finished close enough to top 3 to deserve a spot. History says USFS won't give it to him, and I think it would be a bad decision.

Last edited:

ivy

On the Ice
1st surprise is that Bradley was credited with both 4T = with negative goe's

Serious Business

Record Breaker
While it's not official policy to send the silver and bronze medalists to worlds if they're age-eligible, it's certainly how it's done in years past which creates an expectation and a de facto rule. It would be hugely unfair to deny Dornbush or Miner the spot at Worlds that they earned by beating Abbott directly. Yes, this may cost the US a spot at the next worlds, but is that more important than fairness? Really, I am shocked at all these people who are suggesting such a thing. If securing one spot is more important than being fair and accountable to the athletes, then the USFS doesn't deserve to be responsible for them.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'm more surprised that they didn't give him the 2 toe at the end of the second quad. That makes no sense to me. If it's not part of the quad, isn't it another jumping pass? If so, Dornbush should be the National champion.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I didn't think it was that bad. He rotated his second quad so I'm sure he got the points. After that he made no real mistakes. And he had a huge lead over Dornbush coming in. There are two programs in this competition. Ryan may have messed up in the long but Dornbush messed up in the short.

I knew people were going to start saying this. Me, I knew he would win as soon as he stopped skating. It's math.

:thumbsup:

I didn't think it was that bad. He rotated his second quad so I'm sure he got the points. After that he made no real mistakes. And he had a huge lead over Dornbush coming in. There are two programs in this competition. Ryan may have messed up in the long but Dornbush messed up in the short.

I knew people were going to start saying this. Me, I knew he would win as soon as he stopped skating. It's math.
If you can separate how adorable Ryan is from his actual skating, don't you honestly think his skating skills are overmarked?

ETA: Speaking of skating skills, Dornbush's jumped up a point from the SP to the FP (acc. to the judges). That is some fast reputation judging! He deserved it, though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If you can separate how adorable Ryan is from his actual skating, don't you honestly think his skating skills are overmarked?

aside from Abbott and maybe Rippon, no I don't think he's drastically "worse" than the others.