Coverage in US or internet? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Coverage in US or internet?

emma

Record Breaker
thanks for all the info! Given the times, I most likely will miss most of this even if it streams live on something I can access :mad:

Any pbps or commentaries from viewers will be much appreciated! Good luck to all the skaters!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Same here. Most of the events are too late for me, but I'll try to live-tweet at least the ladies' final @mz734_FS.

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ Awesome. Glad they came through with something, even if it wasn't live coverage.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
There are streams from Taiwan, that are mentioned over at FSU, but they are geoblocked, and the only VPN service that would likely work they want $100 just for one month's service. For a VPN service, that is outright highway robbery, when most other VPNs are $10 to $15 per month.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
There are streams from Taiwan, that are mentioned over at FSU, but they are geoblocked, and the only VPN service that would likely work they want $100 just for one month's service. For a VPN service, that is outright highway robbery, when most other VPNs are $10 to $15 per month.

I've tried my VPN with settings on different country-based servers: USA, Canada, Germany, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and none of the Taiwan streams mentioned at FSU worked. So unless you can find a Taiwan based server and/or pay up, I suspect these won't work. The only live stream working that I've found (and it's an excellent stream) is:
http://topic.pptv.com/2010/ynet/live.php?id=6905 but everyone will have their own comfort level on whether to trust it or not.

gottadance

On the Ice
universal Sports

I just went all over the Universal Sports site and I cant find any mention of them covering , live of otherwise , the 4C's. somewhere on this thread somebody mentioned they had announced coverage and somebody else mentioned a fee of $45 to watch ( which I would pay ) but I cant find a single word about it other than recaping last nights events??? Help me!!!!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
That was the myplix link posted further up the thread by yunafan..they send you to register and ask you to pay. To be clear, I was on the phone with my sister & we were both trying at the same time..she was one step ahead of me, so she spotted the amount .

To be sure, it looks like that gives you access to other stuff, but I don't really watch livestream apart from skating . Good luck ,and if we were wrong and it is more like $15 ..let me know.:biggrin:

futureidol

On the Ice
I've tried my VPN with settings on different country-based servers: USA, Canada, Germany, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and none of the Taiwan streams mentioned at FSU worked. So unless you can find a Taiwan based server and/or pay up, I suspect these won't work. The only live stream working that I've found (and it's an excellent stream) is:
http://topic.pptv.com/2010/ynet/live.php?id=6905 but everyone will have their own comfort level on whether to trust it or not.

I'm the one who posted this link and it works fine for Internet Explorer/PC/Windows users, but DOES NOT WORK AT ALL FOR MAC.

I use a Mac and am desperate for a live feed for tonight's Men's SP. Please if anyone finds one, post it here or in the thread for the Men's SP. THANK YOU!

jcoates

Medalist
Th last news I saw from them was on their twitter account. It says, "Delayed coverage of the #4CC will be on @universalsports & universalsports.com. Dates and Times to follow." This seems to suggest that it will air on both their TV network and their website at some point. Given the lateness of the announcement (about 10 PM last night) it's likely that they are looking for an opening in their schedule where they can cram in the event. There's a lot of skiing coverage and some swimming as well that appears to be in the way.

It would seem patently unfair for them to charge a fee when they are not even showing it live on their website. Hopefully they will see sense and stop dithering around from one competition to the next when there is clearly a loyal audience out there for them to access.

ricksax

Spectator
Live stream coverage of 4CC to USA

For those of you in USA who want to watch rest by live stream, I have now watched mens' short and dance free skate using link graciously provided by bigsisjiejie in her posting.Iit seems safe and works well. I have had to experiment a lot to finally make it work but here is my experience after many tries: it only works with a PC, not Mac; I could not accress with either Google Chrome nor Mozilla Firefox browesr but successful with Internet Explorer browser with only with the 32 bit version and could not access with the 64 bit version. I was able to use the translator with the IE 32 bit version which also is a help. I realize everyone may have his/her own experience with this but this is what worked for me. I hope it does for you too and hopefully saves you a lot of time. It was worth it so enjoy the remaining events! It is possible if you try!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Just for general knowledge: most Asian sites--including media sites--are not set up to work on anything other than a Windows/Internet Exporer setup. You sometimes find some that will work or sort-of-work in non-IE browsers such as Firefox or Chrome but aren't optimized for these and glitches occur. Only a minority are ever workable on Macs. The ones most likely to be user-friendly on a variety of options would be sites coming from Japan or South Korea rather than elsewhere. Most of Asia website development is still very much Win/IE territory based on 32-bit. I don't like IE but must keep it as an option on my computer solely to deal with this phenomenon. I know other Mac fanatics over here who grudgingly keep a backup Windows-based PC around for when they need to deal with local sites.

Last edited: