Caydee and Jeremy out of 4CC, 42 stiches last night :( | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Caydee and Jeremy out of 4CC, 42 stiches last night :(

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishing Jeremy Barrett a full and speedy recovery. Such a shame for this to happen to end their competitive season like this.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Apparently it happened when they were practicing. They landed sbs triple toes and Caydee's landing was faster than his and her blade sliced his leg. There's an article at Ice Network explaining more about it (can't find it right now but I'm sure it's on their front page). That gash was horrible to see and I feel awful that their season was cut short by such a scary injury. Hope he has a complete and full recovery and that it isn't too painful. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just read about this the other day, and though very very sorry for the lovely & talented Caydee & Jeremy, I'm thrilled! that my favorite pair team of Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker get to go in their place! :thumbsup:

Here's wishing Caydee & Jeremy a speedy recovery so they can come back blazing next year! :)

And here's wishing M&B the very best at 4CC!!!! :love:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Oh Nadine, I thought your favorite pair team was Donlan/Speroff. Fickle, fickle. :laugh:

Hope Donlan/Speroff stick together and have their breakthrough season next year. Sucks about D/B, but this is a real opportunity for Marley/Brubaker to make a respectable showing in front of the international judges, even if they don't really have medal chances. With a decent score and some world ranking points picked up at 4CC, would Marley/Brubaker be eligible for a GP slot next season...besides a SA host pick?

Nadine

Record Breaker
They still are, but now I have added M&B to that very short list, which can be verified by my postings over in the US Nationals thread. :)

D&S caught my eye this summer when I first saw their exquisite "Moonlight Sonata" program, and also their equally fabulous "Led Zeppelin" FS, so I've followed them for the last 5 months all the way up to their GORGEOUS senior debut at US Nationals, posting about them often! Then I was equally blown away by my first viewing of the new pair of M&B at US Nationals as well. Lol, I can't believe my two favorite pair teams are from the United States, a first for me! :love:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONLAN & SPEROFF AND MARLEY & BRUBAKER!!!! :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
p.s. what do you make of Donlan & Speroff's chances for the future? I honestly think they have it in them to medal next year, as well as M&B. Imho it will come down to whom wants it more. Either way, I love these two pair teams and am happy just to see footage of them. :)

That said, I think hands down Donlan & Speroff have the best lines, elegance, but most importantly the best split-triple twist and throw 3salchow ~ MY GOD the latter is easily the best in the world ~ the height, distance, and landing they achieve on it is incomparable. Nobody else in the world does it as good as they do, all while maintaining their elegance & loveliness, shades of G&G, whereas M&B are a combo. of G&G and A&B. ;)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
p.s. what do you make of Donlan & Speroff's chances for the future? I honestly think they have it in them to medal next year, as well as M&B. Imho it will come down to whom wants it more. Either way, I love these two pair teams and am happy just to see footage of them. :)

That said, I think hands down Donlan & Speroff have the best lines, elegance, but most importantly the best split-triple twist and throw 3salchow ~ MY GOD the latter is easily the best in the world ~ the height, distance, and landing they achieve on it is incomparable. Nobody else in the world does it as good as they do, all while maintaining their elegance & loveliness, shades of G&G, whereas M&B are a combo. of G&G and A&B. ;)

I don't have any knowledge about details for the various US pairs--factors such as finances, personalities, family situation etc. that might be an impediment to teams staying together so others will have to comment about that. But looking at things in a vacuum, it seems like next season would be a great time for both D/S and M/B to make a move up the US standings. I'm guessing Y/C will still be skating, but E/L are both getting older and Mark has a family, and they may decide they want to move on with their post-competitive lives, Jeremy Barrett likewise and that cut he received looked deep and nasty, like there may be some muscle damage there that could affect future training. Too early to tell. I'm just not seeing E/L and D/B around for Sochi. Tiffany Vise and her partner-du-season don't seem to be able to get to the podium. Castelli/Schnapir should still be a factor if they continue on, hopefully after this season they come back hungry. So yeah, if D/S and M/B can keep improving and get really consistent, then it's possible for either to medal. All of this is wild speculation on my part based on nothing but gut and abstraction. :)

Mystic

Rinkside

I wonder if D/S have considered working on a throw Quad Salchow since their throw triple is sooo amazing?