Training sessions reports | Golden Skate

Training sessions reports

npa

Match Penalty
Fell free post any information about traning sessions at 2011 4CC :)

genki

On the Ice
Here's news about training session of Ando and Kozuka.
7日に台北で開幕するフィギュアスケートの四大陸選手権の公式練習が15日に始まり、3月の世界選手権(東京)代表で昨年末の全日本選手権を制した女子の安藤美姫と男子の小塚崇彦(ともにトヨタ自動車)が調整した。

安藤はショートプログラム(SP)の曲を流してステップやスピンを確認し、フリーで跳ぶ2回転半-3回転の連続ジャンプを鮮やかに決めた。小塚は連続3回転などのジャンプを交えてフリーを練習。安藤らと同様にこの日に台北入りした羽生結弦(宮城・東北高)も精力的にジャンプを跳んだ。(共同)

Basically, it says, " Ando practiced her short with music, focusing on steps and spins. She also landed beautiful 2A and triple combo. Kozuka practiced free including 3 jump combo. Hanyu, who arrived at Taipei on the same date of Ando and Kozuka, also practiced jumping with a lot of energy.

genki

On the Ice
Whoops, forgot. Video from Japanese news show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pgKtgjtjw0

Rough translation.
Asada-" I would like to perform well at this 4CC. If I can do that, I am sure that I will be able to do the same thing at Worlds."
Anod"I am not sure that I can deliver the perfect program or not. But I believe that I have a room to grow other than jumping."

Male host said," Asada won 4CC twice before winning world two times. So i believe that she knows that she can win at worlds if she can win at this 4CC.
Female announcer chimed in" Mao is so strong in actual competition. So I think she will be ok."

genki

On the Ice
He said before that he mostly changed his spins. He went to Detroit to rework FS with Pasquale, because his spins got sometimes only level 1 in some comps this season. I guess judges did not recognize his lay-back position . It looks layback to me!! And frequent e-calls on Luts and flip???? I am suspicious that they really want Chan to win.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I love Dais. He won fairly over Patrick last year. The way he has been skating, he would lose fairly to Patrick this year. You can't put that on the judges.

genki

On the Ice
I know SkateFiguring, Dai has not been at bis best this season and it is fair to say that Chan would win this year. But as an enthusiastic fan of Dai, I still have a hope that Dai can win over Chan if only he lands 4f and skates his heart out like he did at nationals. Dai himself said," This nationals finally reminded me of what it is like to compete. I skated wholeheartedly withholding nothing. This is what I forgot in this season. I will skate like this at Worlds."

I am praying for him.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I wish Daisuke Takahashi the best as well. :) Funny, I've seen him skate live twice. Once at the 2010 Olympics, but I honestly only had eyes for Zhenya, whom was like a god amongst mere mortals. And then again at 2010 Skate America a few months ago, and that's where he really blew me away, or should I say my 13 yr. old baby niece as well (he's now her favorite male skater, all thoughts of Johnny Weir gone, truth!) ~ his charisma is simply unmatched, he honestly had the ENTIRE audience in the palm of his hand, and it made me think then (& now) that that's what it must have been like to see Elvis Presley live in 1956...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
If Dai can skate his heart out and land his jumps, he's Patrick's competition.

Earlier in the season, despite all his falls, Patrick was taken very seriously by his Japanese competitors. OTOH, despite all Dai's pitfalls this season, he is always the one Patrick regards as his rival.

The skaters know who the dangerous ones are. Patrick and Dai have very healthy respect for each other.

yunafan1860

Rinkside
There's an enthusiastic article about Tessa and Scott's FD on Icenetwork.

Even with the stops -- after all this was the first practice after flying practically half way around the world the day before -- it was obvious this was a masterpiece.

Set to the pulsating drums of Thalia's "Mujer Latina" and Diana Krall's slow and sweet "Temptation," it is such an explosive, sinuous dance you almost forget they are on skates.

Wow!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I can't wait to see Tessa and Scott skate their FD.

Thanks for the video clip of Dai. I am glad he has worked on his spins to up his levels.
I noticed he has a mustache. I like it.

Last edited:

genki

On the Ice
And then again at 2010 Skate America a few months ago, and that's where he really blew me away, or should I say my 13 yr. old baby niece as well (he's now her favorite male skater, all thoughts of Johnny Weir gone, truth!) ~ his charisma is simply unmatched, he honestly had the ENTIRE audience in the palm of his hand, and it made me think then (& now) that that's what it must have been like to see Elvis Presley live in 1956...

Nadine, i was at Olympic and also at Skate America last year too. We may have passed each other without knowing it.
Somebody said that meeting Dai in person is like meeting Elvis in person. Was that you? or Dai reminds people of Elvis???

Here's his official practice video.Not landing quad yet. I heard it is only Hanyu who landed quad in practice among Japanese men today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hvMK--AGis&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hi, genki :) , and yes it was me. :)^) Lol I meant it was me that compared Daisuke Takahashi to Elvis Presley, which I wrote extensively about in the Skate America folder.

Seriously, the *reaction* to him was a phenomena ~ women & men of all ages were going gaga over him imho ~ he just has this electricity combined with his boyish looks & charming personality that makes one like him instantly. Charisma, pure unfettered unadulterated charisma, a joy to see first-hand in person.

Anyhow, I'm only telling you something that you don't already know yourself, as I'm sure you witnessed it too. :love:

Btw, thanks for the video, he looks awesome as always!

:party2:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAISUKE TAKAHASHI!!!!!!:party:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I can't wait to see Tessa and Scott skate their FD.

Thanks for the video clip of Dai. I am glad he has worked on his spins to up his levels.
I noticed he has a mustache. I like it.

I didn't know how I read your this post? Last night, I was in hurry, quickly went through the thread and read you were talking about Tessa and Scott. Then I read about mustache. I thought: "Oh, my, Scott has a mustache!" I worried. After I watched V/M SD this morning, I came back to this thread. Found out that I totally messed up.:p

Last edited: