GPF 2011 to be held in Quebec City!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

GPF 2011 to be held in Quebec City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Antilles

Medalist
I was hoping Winnipeg would get it. This city seemed to stop getting skating events when I moved here. I wonder if they will announce Skate Canada and next year's Canadians next week. The article said the official announcement is supposed to made at a press conference on Feb 22nd for GPF.

Layfan

Record Breaker
That's great! I've always wanted to visit Quebec City. (Not in December though!:eek:)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WOO HOO!!! :party2: Quebec City is within driving distance from where I live, so I should be able to attend (assuming the weather isn't too bad in December, of course. :p)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You didn't link properly, Antilles.

The original article said the event would be held au Pavillon de la Jeunesse.

Simoncat

Rinkside
I was hoping Winnipeg would get it. This city seemed to stop getting skating events when I moved here. I wonder if they will announce Skate Canada and next year's Canadians next week. The article said the official announcement is supposed to made at a press conference on Feb 22nd for GPF.

When a stubborn minor hockey and local hockey leagues control ALL the ice in the city where are figure skating competitions to be held? I remember a Canadians in Edmonton where the city officials publicly stated that they told the hockey leagues to get lost for the duration,as the figure skating was an asset to the local economy. Winnipeg officials are so timid in the face of hockey belligerance that they can't do that. Winnipeg needs a major figure skating competition to revive the almost dead fortune of the sport in the province,but how is hockey's stranglehold on all the facilities to be broken?

I went to a previous skating competition in Quebec City, but the hotel, was quite far from the arena. Any suggestions on where to stay as close to the Arena as possible?