Survivor | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Survivor

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They have about 6 episodes to get rid of 9 or 10 people, depending on how many go to the end, 2 or 3. Finale is scheduled for May 15th.

Any predicitions so far???

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I predict that win, loose or draw this season has solidified Boston Rob's rep as the Greatest Survivor Player of All Time. His game has been flawless. Or in the words of David: Genius. (And why exactly hasn't David offered himself up as a potential ally to Rob? I simply do not understand that...)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I predict that win, loose or draw this season has solidified Boston Rob's rep as the Greatest Survivor Player of All Time.
Have to agree. Crazy they are keeping him on so long. Glad to see when the tables are even who truly is what they say. Funny how conservitive boasting was an aspect of said greater survivor. Still don't really like Rob however he is someone who is realistically a good player with a shot at the end if he gets there.

I don't think Phil is playing that but if he is WOW what a good job. Best comment ever, " grandpa came to him in a dream and told him to rest and eat a burger" or something like that. Ralph is good. Russel showed his true ability on the even field this time - 0.

The genius has not proved himself at puzzles when it matters.

I am wanting the man sweater - yah the one Russel said was WHAT? - to win this. Go Ralph

Great words at tribe from the falling, I think that will fester in peoples brains and they will start to figure out "we need to get rid of Rob." Hard feelings mean votes on talent.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict that win, loose or draw this season has solidified Boston Rob's rep as the Greatest Survivor Player of All Time. His game has been flawless. Or in the words of David: Genius. (And why exactly hasn't David offered himself up as a potential ally to Rob? I simply do not understand that...)
KW, I think the people following Rob are just plain dumb. They need to get rid of him or are they afraid they won't know what to do without him?

Jhar55

Medalist
there are all hanging with Rob just so they can get to the end. Will they wise up and see him for what he is don't think so he feed them too much of the kool-aid from start of the game.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I've missed a couple of episodes. My question is: Has Rob played his Immunity Idol? If not & I don't see why he should have a lot will depend on his use or nonuse of it. If he hasn't played it then I think one of the girls or crazy Philip, even, will let him know when he is up for elimination.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Merrywidow, Rob hasn't used his immunity idol. I agree I don't think those girls are the brightest. I think Phillip is a lot smarter than he's letting on.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
If Boston Rob is the greatest player to have ever played the game, it's only because he's got the most trusting and gullible teammates of all time. (or they're just plain dumb).....42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Boston Rob is the greatest player to have ever played the game, it's only because he's got the most trusting and gullible teammates of all time. (or they're just plain dumb).....42
Wait until he start picking them off and they will go....huh.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker

Nah... I've been a long time fan of Survivor and I can say without a doubt Boston Rob is the greatest player of all time - followed only by Parvarti... The one thing about this season that is bugging me is Matt and Mike's constant use of God's name in vain. First, God doesn't care who wins a reality tv game and second, why they sit around and talk about God's purpose for keeping them in the game, you see a player like Rob actually earning God's favor. It boggles my mind how silly people can be and selfish in their approach to faith.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nah... I've been a long time fan of Survivor and I can say without a doubt Boston Rob is the greatest player of all time - followed only by Parvarti...

I also think that Russell was a great player until he got a little too cocky and lost track of what was going on.

I do agree that the people playing with Rob are not the brightest bulbs. Unless they step it up they will be picked off one by one.

KW said:
The one thing about this season that is bugging me is Matt and Mike's constant use of God's name in vain. First, God doesn't care who wins a reality tv game and second, why they sit around and talk about God's purpose for keeping them in the game, you see a player like Rob actually earning God's favor. It boggles my mind how silly people can be and selfish in their approach to faith.
I feel the same way. :rolleye: :rolleye: The only thing I can say is they are young.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Rob made a big mistake last night....he should have sent Natalie home. I think Grant is out to get him now and he'll convince the Redemption Island people to get rid of Rob if they get back to the camp. Although with as many people left there is going to be a big change and I think it's going to be simple...like one of the endurance challenges....the last 3 left are the final 3. Any other thoughts???

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Nah... I've been a long time fan of Survivor and I can say without a doubt Boston Rob is the greatest player of all time - followed only by Parvarti... The one thing about this season that is bugging me is Matt and Mike's constant use of God's name in vain. First, God doesn't care who wins a reality tv game and second, why they sit around and talk about God's purpose for keeping them in the game, you see a player like Rob actually earning God's favor. It boggles my mind how silly people can be and selfish in their approach to faith.
So true, all opinions here. The time we are "on earth" is to use our own will and strength that was given to us, if it was all a matter of "God is in control" of us there wouldn't be the matter of us making choices and the world that is in "his" control - or individuals there in - would be perfect and no need for the "faith" the profess they have. They make the choice to be in the game, they make the decision to be faithful and God will judge in the END - when their actions dictate an outcome. Blasphemy / sinners i.m.o.. It is as though they don't read the bible that they say they believe in, they just believe in a Church that takes their money and buys a stairway to heaven on invested time and pats on the back for being so trusting in God. But they are not using anything God gave by sending his son. The gift that Jesus gave was a choice. If God makes all decisions what they do than they are saying Jesus died for nothing.

And Russel, pifh :p "... take me to the end with you because you know no one will give me a million dollars" is not impressive just a craft that didn't work because he didn't know what to do once he got there to convince them otherwise. Philip has a better chance of getting votes than he did. Russel was nothing more than entertainment value, all process and no strategy likely the reason someone who may not have been that deserving win. Inadvertently if it was not for russel she never would have been there to get votes. The only one to write his name down was "snowed over" and still hated him - one out of 7 is not good odds or shows intelligence. Rob's blog and growth / sustaine of popularity only shows that people will want him to have a win. There is a BIG difference in "out play" and "out cheat" and only one of those comments is in the description of the "soul survivor." Not to mention his moarals are that of a elementry scholl bully that is condisending to EVERYONE. But there again people do like to say it is OK because often they see those elements in themselves and want to justify their own actions vicariously. Unfortunately for those people they may have gain but never win.

BUT I will say Rob voting for Grant is not one I agree with either. It does seem to implicate he did not understand if he does not break up a relationship like that the two ladies have, than he does not truly understand how his wife won.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Rob. Looks like he had a better take on his tribe mates than those of us watching on TV. I'd forgotten (did I know?) that he'd told the 2 girls he had the Immunity Idol altho I did know he had it. I just don't understand the losers who stand up & spout about keeping their integrity & how honest they are. After all these seasons surely they must be aware that isn't how Survivor is won? BTW, does the 2nd place contestant still win $100,000.00 ? Did Phillip or Natalie place 2nd?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Rob. Looks like he had a better take on his tribe mates than those of us watching on TV. I'd forgotten (did I know?) that he'd told the 2 girls he had the Immunity Idol altho I did know he had it.

I don't recall him telling the girls about the idol. The people who knew were Phillip & Grant, that's all I remember. I agree that Rob knew his tribemates better than we knew because I thought he had made a huge strategic error by getting rid of Grant.

I just don't understand the losers who stand up & spout about keeping their integrity & how honest they are. After all these seasons surely they must be aware that isn't how Survivor is won?

I agree that you have to do some lying and coniving to play the game.

BTW, does the 2nd place contestant still win $100,000.00 ?

I think the 2 & 3rd place people win some money.

Did Phillip or Natalie place 2nd?

Phillip got one vote so he placed second. Phillip was my survivor so I won a little money. :laugh: :laugh: Natalie didn't get any votes.

I never really cared much for Rob but at the reunion show last night he talked about Phillip and said all Phillip wanted was someone to talk to and someone to listen to him and isn't that what we all really want....I hope those girls and especially Steve understood the message there. Rob was raised a notch in my opinion.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
No Doubt Steve AND Grant. Wow what a poor looser. Guy does not know balance. Had an Identity crises it looks like. I guess it is true, takes more than 39 days to figure out the sum of a person. put you ego in the fire too boys.

Impressed with Russel in the aspect he can even be his own worst enemy. ;)

I think they should mention something about the 100,000 winners still. And it didn't seem like anyone there caught Andy in her story change of they were going to write down Phil's name and later said they were going to write down Rob's name. OR maybe that was just a sure sign no one was really listening to her.

Rob had 10 years s.t.s. to come up with that closing argument. was expecting better however it worked so maybe better would not have been adventitious. I think Mr. I.Q sold it and he was correct in doing so. It was the correct vote without question. Who took people with and who rode coat tails. Simplicity is satisfying.

Phil's was disappointing that it was no surprise. Should have used the example of it all being a ruse as he did when he burned his undies. That may have gotten one more vote but no chance winning with Mr. I.Q (which again proves how much that is worth for the person with the high one opposed to the benefits for those around him) and the closing comments. "Now for something completely different" - genius, but could have never worked in his favor. That's an attorney for ya.

Part game, part life. The sum of both. balance wins.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
This was a well-deserved win for Boston Rob. He kept his tribe together to pa'gong the other tribe. He really didn't backstab anyone - I really didn't consider Grant a victim of Rob. It was strategy to go along with the girls for that vote.

I don't recall Rob telling anyone that he had the idol. Some people might have guessed that there was a strong possibility that he had found it. I wouldn't be surprised if Phillip or Grant said something about having clues, etc. Anyway, knowing that Rob had the idol would explain why they didn't bother targeting him. They just couldn't get their act together enough to blindside Rob.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Love, love, love this show and I have only been watching three seasons. Ordered and just finished season one. As for Rob, he played a solid game and totally deserved the win!