Pairs - Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short Program

gold12345

Medalist
I don't think of "two shall skate as one" when I watch either of those pairs, but we're all entitled to our opinions. :laugh: As for US teams being lucky to medal on the GP, well, it doesn't happen often, but it certainly has happened.

Anyway, I hope someone has captured video of today's action and puts it on Youtube because I did miss a couple skates here and there. But I'm not holding my breath. :laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Anyhow, as I said earlier I don't expect much from American Pairs on the world stage, they'll be extremely lucky to pick up a medal on the GP, or here for that matter. And a World or an Olympic Medal will never happen, at least not for a decade imho, if not longer. But that's why it's so special to watch US Nationals, to see whose the best in the country, top 10! :)

Guess you missed when Amanda & Mark and Caitlyn & John both picked up bronze medals on the GP circuit this past fall. It's a little too early to declare that US pairs are never going to win another World or Olympic medal especially since we don't have a clue what's even going to happen next season yet. :sheesh:

I'm happy A&M were able to hold their composure so well during the boot incident (that was scary, I thought he was hurt) and it was just reported on Twitter from both Universal Sports and Skate Canada that Rudi Sweigers gave his boots to Mark so that he and Amanda could finish their program today. That is pure class right there. I hope Mark can get his boot fixed before the LP and that both teams skate awesome LPs. :clap:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm happy A&M were able to hold their composure so well during the boot incident (that was scary, I thought he was hurt) and it was just reported on Twitter from both Universal Sports and Skate Canada that Rudi Sweigers gave his boots to Mark so that he and Amanda could finish their program today. That is pure class right there. I hope Mark can get his boot fixed before the LP and that both teams skate awesome LPs. :clap:
What a wonderful thing to do for a fellow competitor! I discovered L/S this season and think their programs are really fun, something you don't see much in skating these days - so I was very happy to see them in second. They deserve loads of good karma for this :) and good luck to E/L, too.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Buttercup, I'm glad you're back and posting. I have to admit L/S grew on me this season after being fairly nonplussed with them last year (it's interesting to see their LP using the COP rules and still being quite interesting and off-beat).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What is Norton up to?

Go to the ISU main link, click on 4CC and then click on Pairs SP. You should be getting Live Results.

Joe I think you misunderstood my post I was not talking about ISU Live Results I meant the Live Stream link.

Evora and Ladwig are just sixth! Oh, dear. They're a favorite pair of mine. But what a nice thing to hear about Rudi giving his boots to Mark. I'll have to find out what happened to cause this.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Evora and Ladwig are just sixth! Oh, dear. They're a favorite pair of mine. But what a nice thing to hear about Rudi giving his boots to Mark. I'll have to find out what happened to cause this.

Mark fell on the sbs triple toe (possibly because of the boot....apparently it broke when he picked in for the jump according to reports) while Amanda doubled hers and their sbs spins were a little wonky after they restarted their program although the rest of the program was clean. The double toes and the negative GOEs hurt them big time today but hopefully they can get Mark's boot fixed and then skate a great LP tomorrow. I think their score would have been much higher without all the mistakes. :clap:

BTW-The heel didn't break off...it actually broke in HALF. Someone posted a picture of it on Twitter earlier today and the heel was partly still attached to the boot and the other half was still attached to the blade while being split into the two pieces. Crazy! :eek:

I was all ready a fan of Paige and Rudi but they just went up tenfold after today. I hope they do well tomorrow too! :)

skatingfan04

Final Flight
That was really sweet of Rudi. He has always seemed like a sweetheart:biggrin: I'm thrilled for him and Paige, even though I didn't get to see them skate. It was a shame the way that they lost out on a trip to worlds, so it would be awesome if they could medal here.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link to Pang/Tong's SP. Nice job! I quite like the color(s) of their costumes and it also fits the mood of the music nicely. I feel like the skate very well - seemed like Tong might have had a bobble or maybe it was the feed; but their spins were nearly in unison, so nice to see as it is so rare these days; and what a nice throw triple jump and the high triple twist. They looked happy too.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Pang and Tong were really good. They may just reclaim their world title this year, although I was ready to count them out early on in the season.