Pairs - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short Program

I tried to download the above link and I got a message from Norton my anti-virus software and it said that my computer was one of 5 in their history to attempt to download this site and warned me not to download until they gather more information about the site.
What is Norton up to?

Go to the ISU main link, click on 4CC and then click on Pairs SP. You should be getting Live Results.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
If they had a fall and an interruption, isn't that two deductions? If not, oh well. Glad they picked up the program. They're a lovely team and I hope they do well!!!!

Go P/T!!!!!!!!!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Everything turned out okay and they finished the program! :clap:

Agreed, I held my breath on that lift though. I hope they get enough points to keep them respectable for the FS. Nobody has skated clean so maybe there's still a chance for a medal. Ugh, not likely 52-ish.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm back, lol, after finishing some work I decided to see how the rest of the American Pairs did, and alas though I missed the one pair there's still the other to come.

Right now there's a recap of the skeleton pair (where's pangtongfan :D ).

herios

Medalist
I tried to download the above link and I got a message from Norton my anti-virus software and it said that my computer was one of 5 in their history to attempt to download this site and warned me not to download until they gather more information about the site.

I personally won't download any unknown sites anymore. I was hit by a virus twice in the last month or so and I was told by the troubleshooter to stay away of un known sites including the sport channels on line. So i will stay away of any , and keep watching on youtube only. Can't afford to pay $100 monthly for debugging ny system

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
YES!!! 71.41 for P/T w/ -1 deduction. Did they fall or was it an extended lift?

Didn't see any falls, must be lift or time violation. Definitely the class of this field so far. Jiao Tong is looking thin too. I want to ask them over to my house and feed them some lasagna with banana splits for dessert. :)

Shaba22

Final Flight
SP:
1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) 71.41
2 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) 59.98
3 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) 59.92
4 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN (USA) 55.25
5 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) 54.41
6 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG (USA) 52.23
7 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG (CHN) 50.61
8 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN) 50.25
9 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU (CHN) 46.41
10 Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) 45.60

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
MT-M... you can lasso the whole group (except P/T, of course). Go out and skate a great long program!

2-8 could conceivably shift a whole lot. And two Canadian teams on the podium would be very cool.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I have a feeling if Y/C had skated this cleanly, they'd be in 2nd place behind P/T. This is a beautiful program.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmmm, now I know who it is she reminds me of ~ Nicole Bobek! :)

Seems like they took it easy, after the step-out of the throw 3jump from her, then they opted for double side-by-side jumps instead of triple.

Announcer says they are 4th place. :)^)

Back to my analysis, as I still haven't watched any of the pairs programs from Nationals except Donland & Speroff, Marley & Brubaker, and a couple of junior & novice teams as well. I might've watched some more but I honestly don't remember nor do I think so. :D

Anyhow, she really has very very excellent lines, posture, arms, hands, fingers (actually she resembles one of my all-time favs Oksana Baiul as well; same body, et al). And he reminds me of Rockne Brubaker when it comes to physique, both built for pairs. Easy to see they are an excellent pair couple, but it takes something extra special to make me a fan, which D&S and M&B have. Nevertheless, I wish all American Pairs to do well. :)

GOOD LUCK IN THE FS!!!!

gold12345

Medalist
Seems like they took it easy, after the step-out of the throw 3jump from her, then they opted for double side-by-side jumps instead of triple.

They didn't opt for double jumps... She just had a mistake and doubled hers.

Pang/Tong were great. Everyone else, not so much. :laugh: Actually Lawrence/Swiegers appeared to do well, but I missed their skate. I am relieved for Mark Ladwig that they were able to repair his skate and that he could continue on with the program. Yankowskas/Coughlin were off today... I don't think they've made a SP error all season until today.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Dream on if you think any of the American Pairs will make it in the big time, and I honestly don't care, that's not why I'm a fan of D&S and M&B. They just have that extra something special I look for in a pair, namely two shall skate as one, accompanied with good looks (yes, I'm shallow, but it's the truth). :D

Anyhow, as I said earlier I don't expect much from American Pairs on the world stage, they'll be extremely lucky to pick up a medal on the GP, or here for that matter. And a World or an Olympic Medal will never happen, at least not for a decade imho, if not longer. But that's why it's so special to watch US Nationals, to see whose the best in the country, top 10! :)

Honestly, the last time a favorite of mine came from America was Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner in the late 1970's. Ah, the memories, love looking at old footage of them from the old days. Paired up when they were children, just special throughout, a gorgeous pair. I remember I cried when they came back to professional competition in the mid-90's, never losing a thing, honestly better than ever! :thumbsup: It's just too bad Randy's gay, you can tell Tai has had it big for him since she was 8, lol. :D Seriously, I think that's why her relationships never work out, but Randy's always there, always has been.

This has made me nostalgic, I'm off to youtube to watch an old video of them. :love: